Chapter 2

The alarm on my phone went off and it was time to get dressed. I pick out a loose black shirt and a pair of skinny jeans. I looked in the mirror and I saw her, I saw my mom. We had the same light brown eyes and wavy brown hair. The difference was that she was so much more beautiful. These past few years, I had stopped putting effort into how I looked or how to impress people. I splashed cold water on my face and I realized my eyes were still swollen from last night. Finally winning the war against the knot in my hair with my hair brush, I brushed my teeth, grabbed my backpack, and rushed downstairs. Elliot's school starts an hour after mine so I don't see him in the morning. My dad handed me a bagel with cream cheese to eat on the way to school. "Later, Liza. I'll see you later." He kissed my forehead. "Love you too Dad, bye." I waved.

I caught up with my best friend, Alexa, a block away from the school. Our school didn't have as many kids as the other high schools in Charlotte, North Carolina do, but this seemed to be the school every kid has a completely different story and history.

Alexa saw my bagel, looked back up at me and smiled, showing off her perfect white teeth. I just smirked, ripped off a piece and handed it to her, "Fine, here you go." "Yay," she squealed in her girliest voice. I playfully rolled my eyes and we crossed the street to our school.

Alexa's small yelp scared me as I turned around to see it was her boyfriend, Sam Wilkinson, who had grabbed her waist from behind. "Hey beautiful," he said right before he kissed her. Gross. When he looked up at me, he glared and said, "Let's go Alexa." He walked away, with his arm over my best friend. "I'll see you later, Eliza," she waved back at me.

Sam Wilkinson always hated me. He never says much, but I know he does. Alexa swears that he's just not that social, but I know he just doesn't like me. She knows it, too, because she eventually gave up trying to get us to tolerate eachother. Sam hangs out with a group of guys who basically wear the same typical dark clothes as him. Somehow they all intimidate most people in the school, except Alexa.

You never see his little group hanging out at school together, all of them are basically blended with everyone else. Sam Wilkinson, Cameron Dallas, Jack Gilinsky, Taylor Caniff, Nash Grier, all of them.

The first class I had was science. I sat next to Shawn Mendes, who has had a crush on me since 8th grade. I'll admit, he's really cute, but I'm not a dating person. I've never had a real boyfriend, nor have I kissed anyone. Yes, I dream of what it feels like, but I have other things to focus on in my life right now.

"Hey Eliza, you look really pretty today," Shawn said with a sweet smile. "Thanks." I smiled back hoping my science teacher, Ms. McCormick would start class already.

The bell rang, and the students rushed out to see their friends during passing time, while I just went straight for math class. The crowd of kids made you want to shove granny's out of the way, especially the kids that stopped in the middle of the hallway. I let out a small scream as I was pulled backwards.

"Eliza come on!" Alexa was pretty much dragging me with her and Sam out the back door of the school. Before I could even question her, she said, "Sam's parents aren't home, we're going to his backyard."

"Wait what, and cut school? Um, NO." I turned around to walk back into the building, but a strong hand squeezed my arm and pulled it back.

My face looked up to see that it wasn't Alexa that pulled me back, it was Cameron. Oh my gosh he's even more gorgeous up close. Even though people weren't too comfortable around him, no girl could deny that he is beautiful.

"Hey, where you goin' pretty-face, why so eager to leave us?" He was still holding onto me. I tried to release his grip but he held on tighter. "Come on, babe, have some fun. You worry too much." His use of words made it harder to want him to let go of me. I looked at Alexa for help, but I forgot she was the one that dragged me here in the first place. I turn around again, but seconds later my feet are swinging in the air and my body is over Cameron's shoulder. He covers my mouth with his hand before I can call out for help. After 5 minutes of being carried and trying to wiggle my way off, I give up. Hopefully Alexa will feel bad once we get there and let me get back to school.