Chapter 26

-IMPORTANT!! PLEASE READ!!-

(A/N): okay, so I edited my last chapter because I made an error before where Eliza's dad didn't know Jack was Kathryn's son. But he did know that, sorry if it confused you. You don't have to read it over, I just edited out the sentences where he's shocked that Jack is her son.

So basically, Eliza's dad knew that Jack was Kathryn's son but chose to keep seeing her. I hope that cleared it up for you, enjoy (: .

-

ELIZA'S P.O.V

"Eliza we need to talk about this!" My dad called after me as I rushed to my room feeling like I was being blinded by the tears covering my eyes. My dad carried Elliot, who fell asleep in the car, up to his room and put him in bed.

Why the hell is it so hard to have a normal relationship with someone?

Why can't I be with Jack without having to remember he cheated on me?

Why can't I be with Jack without being unsure about my feelings for him or Sam?

Why can't I be with Jack without having to worry that he may become my fucking step-brother?

Even if I wanted it to, Jack and I would never work out. I wouldn't even try to hint at how I feel about him, especially not after tonight. Even though it hurts me on the inside, what ever happened between us is over. Whether or not our parents decide to stay together, there's no way we can go back to the slightly less screwed up relationship we used to have.

But I wish we could.

How could Dad do this, though? I never even thought that he would ever look for someone after Mom died. Anger rose inside of me just thinking of how he made this decision without involving me or Elliot. He could've at least freaking talked about it to us first.

Why Jack's mom? Out of all people, why her? Why make our problems worse?

I don't even care about what I said to him tonight. I want Jack. I want a relationship without having to worry about all these problems. One can only dream though, right? Call me fucking cheesy but no one's made me feel the way he did, not even Sam.

Just then I heard my dad enter my room and begin to speak. "Eliza, we've been avoiding this for so long. You have to realize I have to move on at some point. I can't live the rest of my life in sorrow because of Mom's death."

"I get that, Dad!" I said. "I get that you have to move on. It's just that you didn't even try to figure out how we feel about a possible stepmom. You just made the decision of her moving in with us.." Wait. I paused as it started to make sense to me.

"That's why you didn't want me seeing Jack isn't it? So you can keep fucking Kath-"

"HEY!" He yelled, cutting me off. "You better watch your mouth, alright? What the hell do you want me to do, end things with Kathryn so you and Jack can continue a relationship that isn't even gonna work out? Sorry, it doesn't work like that. You're not to see Jack again, you understand?"

"Wow, that's gonna be tough considering we're gonna be living in the same damn house soon." I glared.

Just then the doorbell rang.

I turned to go downstairs and open the door. When I looked around, no one stood by the doorway. What the hell?

I hear my dad coming down the stairs calling my name. I took that time to run across the street, slamming the door behind me as I heard him yell my name once again. "Eliza!" He called from the front of the house. Once he saw me standing across the street, he ran after me, just as a fast moving vehicle sent his body flying meters away from the car. His blood stained the streets and suddenly, I was right beside him. I didn't even realize how loud my screams and cries were. I put my ear to his chest, and didn't hear any beating or breathing. My hands were covered in his blood as I continued to cry out.