Chapter 6

I felt as if I shot out of the water, desperate to breathe as I sat up and gasped for air.

This isn't my bedroom.

Where am I?

My heart leaped as an alarmed figure stood up frantically in the dark.

Just a split second after, I felt a comforting hand rub my back as I looked up to see Jack, worry in his eyes, and a bruise underneath. He instantly wrapped his arms around me.

Still not clear what was going on, I knew I needed a hug. I lifted my arms and wrapped it over his neck and leaned into his chest.

He pulled away and touched my face. I was unaware he was wiping away tears that fell from my eyes when I got up.

He stared at me.

"Thank God you're okay." He whispered.

Okay? What is he talking about.

Suddenly, I felt a sting of pain on my ribs.

Oh right.

I let out a small whimper, reaching for my stomach. I was in a black hoodie that had the familiar scent of Jack when he carried me away from the park.

"How long was I out?" I finally spoke after a long silence.

"A few hours." He shrugged.

I reached for my busted phone to check the time.

12:53 a.m.

Oh my gosh.

Elliot, Dad.

I need to get home.

My feet moved before the rest of me did, like it was in a rush to escape.

Jack grabbed me before I was even off the bed.

"Where are you going?" He asked.

"Um, home?" I answered.

He snickered, "Uh, you're not going anywhere like that. It's okay I texted your dad saying your spending the night at Alexa's, you're welcome."

Surprised by his words, I yelled, "You what?! How could you do that?! Why would you--"

"Your dad doesn't need to know you got abused and nearly raped today okay?! And he definitely doesn't need to find out a guy you barely know carried you off to his house while you were unconscious."

He grabbed my phone and slammed it on the table beside him, causing me to flinch.

He was right. I couldn't let my dad know. Elliot is sick and I don't need him having to worry about me to.

"Okay, so why'd you do it? Why'd you bring me here?" I asked, just a little louder than a whisper.

"What? I wasn't gonna leave you passed out on in pain! Who knows what kind of other guys would've brought you home if it wasn't me?!"

The way his words made me feel like he actually cared about me left me in surprise.

Does he?

The thought made my cheeks turn slightly red. But he was still right. Another guy just like Sam could've easily swooped in and taken my body home while I was unconscious.

"So where do you expect me to go?"

The side of Jack's mouth curved up a little when he said, "I told you. You're not going anywhere. You're staying here."

"Okay, maybe you got me away from Sam and took me here, but who am I to know that you might be exactly like him?"

He raised his eyebrows, "You don't trust me?"

"Whether I do or not, you're still in no position to tell me what I can or can't--"

My voice stopped as he cupped my cheeks and pulled them to his face. I let out a small gasp before I felt his plump lips on mine. With all my strength, I tried to pull away but he held on tighter, one hand now squeezing my arm.

Well damn.

He lifted me up, without breaking contact and pinned me against the wall. I tried to resist, but I could already feel myself falling for him as the seconds ticked by.

I pushed away the thoughts and questions in my head asking

Should I really be doing this? I need to stop before I get even more hurt.

The heat I felt was different than Shawn's kiss on my cheek. This was as if fireworks ignited inside me.

Jack must have felt my arms stop struggling to loosen his grip as he placed my arms around his neck.

I felt him smile and I naturally smiled back. Sparks flew around inside my body. My stomach flipped as the heat from his lips found its way inside me.

He finally pulled away just enough to speak. "So, what were you saying?"

**please vote if you liked this chapter thanks :)**

#UnsureJG on Twitter