Chapter 17

It was finally Saturday and Molly had invited me over. Of course, I wouldn't be let go that easily by my dad. He had to call Molly and speak to her parents to make sure we were actually hanging out today and with her only, a.k.a not with Jack.

"You want somethin' to drink?" Molly offered as we entered her room. Her walls were painted red and her room was twice the size of mine. No thanks I'm fine." I answered.

"My brother Aaron is coming home soon with his new girlfriend. Just don't mind them. You've probably seen them around school before, they're a year older than us though." She explained as she pressed a button on her remote which lit up the television.

Molly plopped on the side of bed, sitting across from me. She laid her head down. "How do you think things between me and Taylor are gonna be like when we get back to school on Monday?" Molly asked, staring at her ceiling.

I lifted my shoulders, "I have no idea. He's probably gonna try to get you to talk to him."

"How did he act around you? You know like before me and him started dating?"

I shivered at the memory of him carrying me from the woods to Cameron's backyard then coming into the room I slept in at 4 a.m. with Jack there. "I don't know, a little touchy I guess. Somewhat of a douchebag." I answered, hoping not to offend her in any way. I figured she didn't want to get into details and neither did I.

After two seconds of silence, I heard a male and female voice entering the house. "That's them." Molly said. Just then, a face that was similar to Molly's popped in the door.

"Molly, do you and your friend wanna watch a movie with me and Alessandra downstairs?" Aaron asked. Just then, I heard a girl's voice behind the door, "Oh my gosh Aaron you know I hate being called that!" I heard a light hit on Aaron's shoulder.

Molly looked at me for approval and I nodded, "sure."

It's been a half hour into the movie and to be honest, Aaron's girlfriend was annoying the crap out of me. She was so pushy and loud, I could barely even pay attention to anyone on the screen. Like, calm down you don't need to shout after every scene. Aaron didn't seem to notice. He must be really in love with her.

"Aaron! Molly! Come help us with the grocery bags!" Called a woman's voice from upstairs. Aaron and Molly groaned in unison. "Stay here," Molly said as her and her brother climbed up the stairs.

I tried to avoid eye contact with Alessandra hoping I wouldn't have to be alone with her any longer. I felt her eyes on me as she said, "So you're like Lisa, right?" She asked, seeming uninterested.

"Eliza." I corrected her. "Same thing." She stated. "You're Alessandra?" I asked hoping to annoy her with the name I learned she didn't want to be called. She glared at me, "Yeah, but don't call me that. Call me Jordan."

"How do you get Jordan from Alessandra?"

"Jordan's my middle name and I don't feel like an Alessandra so don't mention the name again" she demanded with an attitude.

I didn't answer, hoping the conversation would end there but to my luck, she continued speaking.

"So, you're the girl going out with Jack Gilinsky right?"

I turned to face her, "How do you know?"

"I've seen you outside the school with him and I hear people talking about you guys all the time, like he has this crazy obsession with you." She said while picking at her nails.

"Oh okay.. well then yes I am that girl." I answered awkwardly.

She looked up at me, "Okay well just so you know, we just broke up last month. I'm just warning you, you're signing yourself up for a lot of heart ache. He may not seem like a player but trust me, he is. Every girl he's ever dated had just been thrown away. You can never know what he's thinking. Just don't be surprised if you find him in his house making out with some other whore. I have no idea why that kid even gets into relationships. He acts the same way, single or not. Just saying, he's always hiding something."