Chapter 11

My gasp had startled him, as his eyes quickly opened.

We stared at eachother in shock through the dark. I reached to turn on the lamp to make sure what I was seeing was real. Neither of us were able to speak before the door squeaked open.

The boy in a bandana and tye-died t-shirt's eyes widened as he took in the view in front of him.

Each person in the room's faces were shocked.

"Taylor what the hell are you doing?!" Jack demanded.

Taylor backed up, frightened? "No, Gilinsky, what the hell are YOU doing?!" Taylor fired back.

"You were gonna do something to her weren't you?! While she was sleeping?! You're sick, man." Jack yelled as he rushed toward him, and his fist pounded on Taylor's cheek.

"Jack, stop!" I screamed, trying to hold him back.

Taylor's punch back to Jack's face wasn't helping.

"GUYS STOP! PLEASE!" I pleaded.

Obviously, they continued crashing the furniture trying to beat eachother to a bloody pulp.

"Hey! Hey!" Nash and Cameron said from behind the door.

Cameron held onto Jack, and Nash pulled away Taylor.

"The fuck is going on?!" Cameron demanded.

"I'll tell you what," Jack started, "He just tried to come into Eliza's room while she was sleeping. I think we all know what his intentions were." Jack struggled to say as blood escaped his lower lip.

"Gilinsky, don't even talk," Taylor coughed, "you were already IN her room. Who knows what you already did to her."

Standing a few feet away from them, a wave of uncomfortableness hit me.

Why was Jack in here? Did he know something was gonna happen?

"Both of you, get out." Cameron directed Jack and Taylor.

Taylor argued, "What? He was the one that started--"

"Out!" Cameron cut him off, "I don't need you guys in my house while she's in here, so get out."

Jack shoved Nash, making him let go. All four boys walked up the stairs, exiting the large house.

Alexa stood in front of my door in shock.

How long had she been there?

She ran into my arms and gave me a comforting hug.

"Did they do anything to you?" She asked, worried.

"No," I assured her.

--

The next morning, Alexa dropped me off in front of my house. My dad was watching TV on the couch, Elliot still asleep.

The sound of Elliot's coughs upstairs brought me up bringing him glasses of water and trying to make him feel better.

"His coughing has been getting worse," my dad says to me as I head downstairs.

"I'm taking him to the doctor in an hour to check up. You can go out until we come back." My dad stated.

I nodded my head finding my way to my bedroom. After spending time on my phone for about a half hour, my eyes shut.

I hope Elliot's gonna be okay.

The poor little boy didn't deserve to suffer like that.

My phone vibrated near my stomach, the screen lightening up.

Jack.

What does he want?

Hesistantly, I swiped the screen to answer slowly lifting the phone to my ear.

I waited for him to speak.

"Hello?" He says.

"Yeah" I reply in a hushed tone.

"Eliza where are you, I need to talk to you."

"Sorry this 'whore' isn't available right now. Please try again later."

I ended the call and sighed.

My Sunday didn't need to be ruined by him, too.

Although, his call reminded me,

Shawn.

I need to explain myself. It's the least I could do for what had happened yesterday.

Leaving the house, I kiss Elliot's forehead goodbye, and shut the front door.

His house would be a 20 minute walk, hopefully enough time to think through what I was going to say.

I finally found the courage to press his doorbell, anxiously waiting for his reaction when he sees me.

The door opened, but it wasn't Shawn. A small girl who basically shared the same face as him stood in the doorway.

"Um, hi, is Shawn here?" I ask.

"Shawn's upstairs in his room. But I wouldn't go in there, he's been super sad since he came home last night, I don't know why."

"Oh.. well can you ask him if I could come in and see him?" I ask politely.

"Yeah, one sec."

The girl rushed up the stairs as I sat on the couch near the steps.

She came back down a few moments later, "Shawn said you can go up to his room."

I quietly opened the door and peeked in. Shawn's stare sent chills through me.

"Hey," I spoke nervously.

"Whatcha doin' here?.." He asked.

"I'm sorry about last night," I sighed.

"Don't apologize," Shawn interrupted, "It's not your fault you don't have feelings for me."

My heart shredded, piece by piece hearing him.

He was right, but I needed to make sure things were the same between us now.

"Look, if it makes you feel any better, Jack's just a friend."

Shawn stayed silent.

He didn't believe me. I wouldn't either if I were him.

"Why were you in the woods last night?" I asked hoping he would actually answer.

"Nothing. It's not important anymore. It's fine, we're cool."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah." He nodded. "Nothing's changed between us, okay?"

I tried my best to believe him, knowing nothing had changed. I wouldn't be able to live with myself knowing I was the reason for Shawn's heartbreak. Especially because he never did anything wrong. He was someone who let me know I could trust him, and he didn't deserve to have to witness Jack and I last night.

Shawn walked toward me and gave me a long hug, and I didn't pull away until he did.

I nodded at him before I turned around to exit the room.

"But just so you know, I'm not giving up on you" I heard him say through the door.

**Please vote if you liked this chapter thanks :)**

It would mean a lot if you guys gave me some feedback on how I'm doing and things you like or don't like. Please vote if you enjoyed the chapters and follow if you want haha (;