Chapter 5

I expected my stomach to be full of butterflies and flips after Shawn's kiss. And yes, that's the first time a guy has kissed my cheek.

When I first left Shawn's house, the sky was still a mix of red, yellow, and orange. Right now it's basically black. There are only a few stars, but they were shining so bright. I snapped a few photos and continued to walk slowly, eyes glued to the sky.

Crap!

My face nearly knocked into the ground after I stepped on my shoe lace.

Apparently that doesn't only happen in movies.

My phone fell out of my pocket, cracked on the sidewalk.

Just my luck.

I push away the hair flying in front of my face and grabbed my phone. I placed my foot on a bench near the spot I tripped. As I bent down to reach for my shoe laces a familiar voice from behind sent chills straight down my spine.

"Well, look who we have here."

Please, no. Not now.

It was clear Sam didn't hear my begging thoughts as he grabbed my arm and dragged me into the park.

"LET GO OF ME! Sam I swear I'm not afraid to--"

I was cut off by Sam's body slamming me into the fence.

"Not afraid to WHAT?!"

He pushed up against me, yelling in my face.

What is he doing? What does he want?

"W-what do you want f-from me?" I struggled to speak. Tears streamed down my red cheeks trying to turn away from his sick smile.

What is Alexa doing right now? Is she with him? Is anyone?

He gripped my arm to yank me up and shoved my against the hard park bathroom wall.

"SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME! PLEASE!"

My voice screamed and cracked several times before I felt his cold hand slam onto my mouth to muffle my cries. He kneed my stomach twice. "SHUT THE HELL UP!"

I let out a muffled shriek.

He pressed himself against me so hard that I was unable to move but I was too numb to feel anything.

Tears involuntarily flooded my cheeks repeatedly while Sam started unbuttoning my jacket.

"Why are you doing this?" I cried. I wasn't expecting him to answer me, as if he thought I knew what I ever did to him.

I lifted my foot and kicked his ankle several times but his foot caught mine and stomped it down. He then used one hand to tear off my shirt.

When he reached the clasp of my bra his body was thrown down to floor, his grip was released.

What IS HAPPENING.

The figure in the dark became clear.

Jack.

"RUN!" Jack yelled. He pointed behind the slide on the other side of the park.

I nearly stumbled as I ran toward there. I hid there, panting, out of breath. The cold wind clung to my bare skin.

My body was burning and bruised. I attempted to rub my stomach once more, but it was just pushing onto the pain.

I somehow managed to build the strength to peek over the slide. The two figures dressed in black continued to beat eachother on the concrete made for children to play around.

Jack's fist forcefully connected to Sam's jaw. I shut my eyes, but I couldn't stop the sounds of cursing, banging, and bodies crashing the ground from finding its way to my ears.

Sam's foot went straight into Jack's stomach, the same way it went into mine. Jack let out a loud grunt and got right back up. He lifted Sam and threw him back on the hard floor, once more. He was now on top of him. His knuckles came down to Sam's face

once, twice, three times.

Both of their faces were bloody and damaged.

"Why did you make me do this, man?" I heard Jack say in the distance.

I listened closely, but there was no more noise besides the sound of rushing footsteps coming toward me.

What do I do now?

"Let's go," Jack lifted me up and managed to carry me on his back.

I had no strength to ask where we're heading to or to even object to him. Even though he just had a bloody brawl for me, that's no guarantee that he's safe.

We were just a few blocks away from the park when he stopped and let me down.

Sitting on the floor, I watched him step a few feet farther away from me.

"Are you gonna abandon me here?" I asked through the water rushing down my face. At some point I stopped trying to keep my eyes open for a minute. When I looked up, he was shirtless. His jacket was on the floor and shirt in his hand.

He came toward me and I stumbled backward.

I let out a few small cries of pain as he carefully covered me in his clothes. I looked up at him and saw his bruised face, blood trickling down his nose.

**please vote if you liked this chapter thanks :)**

#UnsureJG on Twitter