Chapter 20

**Hey guys :) I changed my username from jgmagconiac to dallasgilinskyx.

Also to clear any confusion it might cause, I changed Dylan's (Jack's possible son) name to Jacob because I'm using Dylan for the main character in my other fanfiction and as you can tell that would be pretty weird.

Please remember to vote, comment, and follow it would mean a lot. Also recommend :) Thanks!!**

--

"Okay, yeah. Jack and Jordan apparently had been hooking up and they invited theirselves to hang out." Sam started to explain. He scratched his head nervously,"He freaked out when he found out you were coming too and forced me to leave you guys--"

"And you did. How could you not tell me what the hell was going on?!" I demanded, interrupting him.

"Shit, just fucking listen to me!" His harsh words caused my lips to tighten, shutting my mouth.

"I didn't want you to get hurt! Okay?!"

"Oh yeah? Well you did a great job of that," I responded sarcastically.

After a minute of awkward silence, I brushed my fingers through my hair and took a seat on his couch.

"Why would he do that?" I asked quietly without making eye contact.

Sam sat down next to me, "I don't know, he said some shit about your dad and how you guys wouldn't last anyway and how you.." Sam paused.

"How I what?" I questioned.

"He said you aren't worth going through that trouble for."

The sincerity in his eyes caused my heart to drop.

"But he- He always said he wouldn't do anything to hurt like, hurt me like tha--" I stuttered

"Do you not understand he's a fuckin' liar? He says all that to get in your head. I've known him for freaking ever, I've seen him do it to countless girls. Don't worry, you're not the only one."

"I just don't get it. We were different, we had to be."

"Okay well you weren't. Okay? Just because you're Little Miss Eliza Stalings doesn't mean you get a special treatment from Mister Fuckin' Jack Gilinsky. Just forget about him already! He couldn't give two shits about you, and you know it!"

"Stop freaking yelling at me! I already hurt like hell, honestly what is your problem?! You were just being all sweet with me 5 minutes ago!"

I was glad I finally let out what was on my mind. Sam is seriously pissing me off. At least that made him seem to have calmed down.

He sighed, "Look, I'm sorry" he sat back down next to me at placed his arm around my shoulder.

"I can't stop thinking about that night I hurt you. It still haunts me at night that I would ever be capable of doing that. I don't know what the hell got into me... I want to make up for it. And yes, I do care about you. You may not believe me, but I do. I don't know, it's fucking weird to me too, okay?"

The memory of that night struck back the pain of the bump on my head, scratches on my back, and the aching of my stomach.

I realized I completely blocked out this experience from my mind. The scariest thing that's ever happened to me, apart from when mom died.

"I don't want care from anyone that's physically hurt me before. Fuck, what is the matter with me? I shouldn't have come."

I pushed him off of me and moved to the far end of the couch.