Chapter 23

A/N: Okay, I'm so sorry I haven't updated in such a long time. I've been busy with school and blah blah blahh. But luckily I'm on summer vacation now so I'll probably be writing more often & hopefully finding a consistent time to be updating. Thanks so much for waiting ily.

--

"Yes I know her, she's my girlfriend." Jack replied to Emily as she stood there in shock. Before she could respond, I laughed, "You're funny. I don't know who the hell you are."

I pushed my way to the door feeling Matt, Jack, and Emily's eyes staring at me.

As I made my way outside I couldn't figure out how I felt about Jack calling me his girlfriend. Part of me wanted to continue laughing and the other part was mixed up because of his bullshit.

Soon enough, two strong hands gripped my shoulders and turned me to face him. "What the hell were you doing here?"

"I was here for Matt, Emily, and her baby. Sorry to disappoint but, the world doesn't revolve around you." I shook him off and continued walking only to have him chuckling behind me.

"So, where are you going again? You see, I would take you home but I guess you know your way." I didn't need to turn around to know there was a huge smirk on his face.

I swear. This happens every time.

"You're sick, Jack. What did I ever do to you? I was so stupid to even give you any of my time because we both know you didn't deserve shit. Ugh, God, I hate you." I said, frustrated.

"You don't mean that." He said, looking unaffected by my words. "You still love me and you know it. You always will. Admit it."

"I don't." I said in a low voice, looking at the ground.

"Yes you do, otherwise you wouldn't have let me hurt you this way."

"So why did you hurt me this way? You know what, nevermind. I don't care, you have a baby in the house you should get back to."

"Only if you come with me."

"I'm not going anywhere with you. Don't you realize I don't want anything to do with you?! You messed up your chance so just get away from me, please."

"I missed you, Eliza, and I know you missed me too." He said, walking closer to me.

"Wow, you really don't get it. Why can't you understand I want nothing to do with you anymore?"

"You can't mean that."

"Well after all the crap I went through because of you, I really do mean that."

"You don't fucking mean that!" You could hear the hurt in his voice as he yelled. He had crashed his lips against mine for a deep kiss. I did it back, but strangely I barely felt anything.

--

I thought of Emily's tears when Jack talked to her just an hour ago. I don't know what he said, probably that things between them weren't going to work if that's what she was hoping for. Jack asked to see Jacob for the first time in almost a year. I swear, I think I even saw Jack tear up a little when he held him. Probably not.

Right now, I'm in Jack's car. Not a surprise when he's a stubborn little asshole.

"How'd you find out?" He finally began speaking.

"It doesn't matter." I answered, staring out the window.

"Yes it does, Eliza. I have no idea what you think of me right now. You can at least answer a simple question."