Chapter 28

*JACK'S POV*

It's been 1 week since Eliza told me she was pregnant. 1 week. 7 whole days where I couldn't bring myself to go near her again. I don't know what the hell I'd say.

I don't know what affects me more. The fact that she's pregnant with someone else's kid or-- fuck. She's pregnant with someone else's kid. No matter how much I try to push that thought away it keeps finding its way back into my head.

It was like a shot straight through my freaking chest. She really didn't wanna get back together. She'd already fucking moved on. And it's all my fault. Why do I have to be such an idiot?! Why would I cheat on the one girl who doesn't deserve it? What do I do now? Just let her go like that? Hell no. The thought of someone else touching her killed me, especially when I never did.

Was that her first time?

Was that the only time?

My face is shoved against my pillow, just like it has been for three days in a row. Yeah, my eyes are still wet from those tears that found their way down my face an hour ago, judge me. I'd deny it if you told anyone, though.

I feel like pure shit. This is how Eliza must've felt the night she caught me with Jordan. This is how Emily must've felt when I ended things.

Wow, I'm a complete douche.

Now the two girls I've ever had feelings for has been or is pregnant. And one baby isn't mine. I cringed at the thought of it being any of my friends. I know what they think of her, and it makes me want to knock the perverted thoughts out of their heads.

Did she think about me at all?

Ugh this is what she does to me. It's effing late and I'm staying up stressing.

--

"Whoa, Gilinsky who knew you were still alive?" Cameron greeted me inside.

"Shut up" I shoved him lightly and he just laughed.

The other guys were spread out in the living room. They all seemed surprised when I walked in with Cam. "Gilinsky, what are you doing here after 53 damn years?" Taylor said.

Welcome back to me, right?

"Around." I answered simply.

"Well it's good to see you not trying to avoid us at school." His arm was slung around some girl with wavy brunette hair.

"How's it goin' man?" I greeted Nash and the others before I took a spot on the couch. Then I realized there was one other person in the room I didn't recognize. He had short blond hair and he looked overly-concentrated on his phone.

"Who's this?" I asked the guys, lifting my arm in the new kid's direction.

"Oh, him." Cameron said as the blonde kid looked up.

"That's Jack. Johnson. Since you stopped hanging out with us, we obviously needed to replace you." Cameron joked.

"You're an ass." I laughed in response.

"Jack and Jack. Hm." Nash said, before taking a sip from his monster drink.

Sam hasn't said a word to me since I'd gotten here. He looked at me once and spent the rest of the time avoiding eye contact. Whatever.

"So you're the other Jack I was told about," the blonde kid said to me.

"Unless there's a third Jack, I guess that's me."

"Heard you live like two hours away now, why?" He asked.

I then realized I never told them about my mom and Eliza's dad moving in together. They knew about Elliot, we were all at his funeral. Except for Johnson, of course.