Chapter 13

SHAWN'S P.O.V.

After Eliza ended the call I searched the crowd of high schoolers piling out the front doors.

Finally, I caught her at the gate. "Hey Alexa!" I called over to her.

"Oh hey Shawn, sorry I can't talk now I have to be somewhere." She tried to turn around and leave but I pulled her arm back.

"Uh, but I was hoping you could like hang out today."

"Trust me, I would but I really have to--"

"Great!" I cut her off, "let's go to my house."

"Shawn I really can't, it's important."

I ignored her statement as my hand grabbed her arm, pulling her the way to my neighborhood.

If I didn't like Eliza so freaking much I definitely wouldn't have agreed to her favor.

Alexa didn't try too hard to pull back, I knew she was just trying not to be rude. I felt bad for her but Eliza made it sound really important that Alexa doesn't leave my sight.

We finally got to my house, and I yelled "Hello?" to check if anyone was home. When I heard no response, I lead Alexa into my living to sit on the couch and turned on TV.

"You like TV? Of course you do, who doesn't like TV. What channel? You pick." I say as I handed her the remote. I could tell she was frustrated and uncomfortable as she took the remote from my hand.

"Uh, thanks but I don't really want to watch anything right now.."

"Oh cool so let's listen to some music. Who's your favorite artist?"

Minutes passed on and Alexa made countless efforts trying to start excuses to leave, but I interrupted her each time.

At some point, she had given up and we actually made conversation. "No way, you wrote a song?" She asked me.

"Yeah," I blushed.

"That's so cool can I hear it?"

"Uh, it's still kind of a work in--"

"Shawn, please? You brought me here so you have to sing me your song." She demanded playfully as she touched my arm.

My eyes widened a little at her gesture, "Um, okay sure," I shrugged, smiling.

I held my guitar and began to strum.

"It's called Never Let Me Go" I tell her and she nods.

"Makin my way down this road" I sang.

"Feel the chill to the bone

and I can barely see the lights

wonderin' if she'll be here tonight

When I see her in my dreams

there's flowers blooming

these are the trees

Been searchin' for so long

I think it's 'bout time that I found this girl

And if you come with me

I promise you'll never bleed

I'm never gonna let you go

Let me take you home

I'll be the one you want

You'll never wanna see me go."

I set down my guitar and I felt my cheeks go red. "So how was it?" I asked.

"Oh my gosh, Shawn that was freaking amazing. I knew you were a singer and stuff but I had no idea you were that good."

"Wow, really? Thanks."

Little did she know the song was about her best friend who had made me take her here.

Alexa smiled as she stared into my eyes, and I did hers. Her blue eyes glowed in the dim room and I was completely lost in the moment. I don't know how much time had passed when I saw the light blue circles come toward mine as she leaned in, touching her lips against my own.

Her kiss was soft and sweet. Neither of us pulled away, my mind still trying to take in what was happening.

After a few seconds, I felt Alexa pull away. She looked as shocked as I was as she stood up heading straight for the door.

"I'm sorry, I need to go," she mumbled. She avoided eye contact with me the whole way.

"Alexa wait!" I shouted.

By the time I got outside the house Alexa was nowhere in sight.

I slumped down on my couch, my hands rustled through my hair as I thought of the event that had just occured a few moments before she was out the door.

Oddly, it was exactly like how I pictured it in my daydreams, except the girl I pictured myself with was Eliza, and she didn't run away.

Alexa's kiss lingered on my lips and my heart was still pounding, loud as ever. But why was this feeling I have different than when I'm with her best friend?

**please vote if you liked this chapter thanks :)***

#UnsureJG on Twitter