Chapter 19

A/N:

Incase you guys didn't notice, I've changed the name of my story to "Unsure." I felt like the old title only really applied to the beginning. I hope you guys like it.

I also met Cam, Nash, Carter, and Hayes on Sunday and it was honestly the best time ever, they were so freaking sweet and perfect. <3.<3 Thanks so much for 10.5k reads!!

I also think I'm gonna be starting a new Cameron story soon if you guys think I should :)

Please Vote & Comment if you like the chapters // Follow if you want haha

--

I twisted my hair tie at the end of my hair to finish off my French braid while stepping outside to meet up with Alexa on our way to school. I made small talk with my dad in the morning trying to avoid anything that would trigger a conversation about Kathryn.

Alexa was a lot less happy ever since her and Sam broke up. I wonder if Shawn would ever revive that.

"So have you talked to Shawn lately? What are things like between you guys now?" I asked her. Never in my life had I expected Shawn and Alexa being together. I always thought Alexa preferred guys more like Sam and Taylor. Guess I was wrong, Shawn is the complete opposite.

"Yeah.. He said he'll give me time to think about it incase I'm not ready for another relationship right now" Alexa explained.

"So what are you thinking of?"

"I have no idea. I have mixed feelings, I don't know if my feelings for Shawn are just temporary and you and I both know Shawn will never deserve being hurt. Sam hates me, I know that for a fact but I don't know if I can hate him." Alexa sighed and flipped her hair with her fingers.

"I know Shawn's better for me than Sam is," she continued, "I know that. But there's something about Sam I can't let go of."

I listened attentively trying to think of any piece of advice a typical best friend could give.

"Well I'll see you at lunch," she waved at me as I walked down the hall toward my locker.

Today was the first day Sam would get back since the night at the park. I wondered how that would be.

I sat down in my seat next to Shawn's unsure of how to start the conversation. "So are you okay now? Last time I saw you, you were crying your eyes out," Shawn said.

"Yeah, I'm fine now, thanks for asking." I smiled at him. Alexa was right. Shawn doesn't deserve to be hurt by anyone.

He chuckled, "Okay, good, haha. You and Jack like completely ditched me over there."

"Oh my gosh, yeah I'm sorry I didn't realize--"

"It's fine" he assured me, returning a smile.

"So how are things going with Alexa? You really like her now?" I asked while taking notes from the board.

"Yeah, I do. I'm just waiting for an answer right now.." Shawn paused, "But this doesn't mean I'm over you.." He said quietly, his smile fading.

Oh my goodness. I completely forgot Shawn ever had feelings for me. Honestly, I wished I could return his words, but I don't want to lie to him. I love Shawn as a friend. My feelings for Jack are something I can't explain.

To my relief, I didn't have to answer Shawn's surprising truth when the bell rang. Even though we also had our next class together, we walked separate ways.

For the rest of the day, I couldn't spot Jack anywhere and I guess I was lucky for that. I did miss him, though. I wish I could just talk to him about it already.