Chapter 1

Hi! This is A.T Judge. Before you read on I want you to know that  this is a really old piece of work of mine. So the writing is not as well as it could be. Please don't judge me on that. And there is a sort of sequel like story I have started for LOK. So check that if you want, you don't have to read this. If you could also "like" me on Facebook the link is in "External Link". Thank you, and Enjoy! :)

"...And that's how, my little cherry blossom, Avatar Kyoshi saved her people."

I looked up at my mother's heart shape face, her hazel eyes, and her light brown hair pulled back.  

"Momma, is the Avatar real?"  

She smiled, and laughed as she quickly made the small bun on my head, and wrapped a braid around the bun, tossing out my ponytail.  It swished along my back, and I glanced up to her.

"Of course he's real. Why would he be?"  

"Because he's been gone for a long, long, loooong time."  

She turned to me, and placed her warm, loving hands on my shoulders.  

"You know your great great grand father knew the Avatar."  

My eyes got big, and she simply smiled at me. Her smile was always large, showing off her dazzling teeth; but warm and sincere.

"Really!?"  

"Yes. The last Avatar was an Airbender, such as your grandfather; he help train him. Then the Fire Nation attacked... they killed your grandfather, but not his wife or son, because they both were Earthbenders... His son passed the Airbending down to my mother, who could bend air. Then she passed it down to me."  

"And you passed it down to me, and I am just like he avatar! Only... I'm not."

Her smile fell alittle, as she brushed back a stray hair from my forehead.

"Yes, but you must never tell any one."

"Because then they would break us apart."  

"Yes..."

I stood up, as she adjusted my red sleeve-less shirt, and check that my skirt ; which had two long slit, showing off my knee-long shorts, was on right. The skirt was slso red, but there was gold, and black trim.  

"I have one last thing before you go off, and play."  

"Yes,momma?"  

She pulled out her ankle, her anklet's stones twinkling in the sunlight that streamed in through the windows. It was smiple leather strings, braided, with little white stones fron the Air Nation. She untied it from her own leg and wrapped it around my left ankle.  

"This had been passed though our families for hundreds of years. Now it's yours."  

I smiled, as she withdrew her hands, resting them on her thighs. 

"Thank you momma."  

"Your welcome. Now go play."  

I smiled, and nodded, rushing out of our small house. We lived in a small Fire Nation Village, in Eath Nation, that was peaceful and quite. I ran though the town, past the shop and the few people milling about. Coming to the edge of the town I reached the fields. As I pushed my way through the hills I slipped my little red shoes off, and skipped on though the tall grass, that blew in the wind.

I had reached the top of the higest hill, my back facing out village, slowing down as I saw the first row of men. I froze in place as I saw the small, but clearly marked, army making thier way down the dusty soul road.