Chapter 36

It was a warm spring day, there was a cooling breeze that swayed the grass. I sat in it; my small class of girls surrounded me in a semi-circle. They all matched me, crossed legs, eyes closed.  The grass brushed up against us, causing a few of the girls to giggle.

(outfit in external link box )

"Shh..Okay, now do the breathing technics once more. An then-" 
"Ms. Mi'ka! Ms. Mi'ka !"

I opened my eyes, to see a young girl from my earth nation village running over to me, and my small group. I stood, brushing back my lose hair. I bent down to her level, and held her small hands within my own. My heart ping with pain at the thought I could have a child her age, a daughter maybe. I quickly pushed those thoughts back. As I always did now. As I always would, for the rest of my days.

"Yes, what is it, child?"

She was breathing heavy.  She held up a hand, taking in a few breaths.

"The…He...Fire Lord.....coming!"

I lost all coloring in my face, and I dropped her hands.

 Zuko!?

I glanced over to my girls; they were all looking at me. I put on a smile, standing straight. My head was already beginning to form a plan. I clasped my hands on my thighs, let out a small breathy laugh.

"Well, then I guess class is cancelled! Go on home, my little darlings."

The small group of girls stood, squealing in delight. They jumped around before running away. Most all screamed a good bye my way. I yelled back, waving. They all rushed off, back to the village, while I stayed in the field. I turned, and walked away from the path leading to the village. My shock, was turning to anger, and it begun to boil. 

How could this be happening? After all these years, how did he find me!? I would have thought he and Aang were so busy with their new city. It was meant to be a place for all people to live in peace and harmony. Harmony City, Republic Bay, something along the lines of that was its name. I knew this all from traveler’s gossip, and Hawkie. He flew letters for me, to my dear friends whom I never saw. Such a wonderfully smart bird, I loved almost as much as Fang. He was able to take and give letters without giving away where I was living. Deep within the Earth Nation in a village next to the mountains, it was perfect for me.

(song! Go! Play! )

I walked; well I better yet, marched into my secret cave, and called for Fang. He rushed over to my side. He looked at me worried. I normally only took him out during the night or a cloudy day. I couldn’t risk people seeing him. They’d know who I was in a second. I rubbed my cheek against the side of his head, happy he was safe.

“I’ll be back, but be ready to fly.”

It had been a little over five years since my wedding fail. I had flown far out away from the fire nation. As far as I could. I just kept flying. Not stopping until Fang, or I couldn't do it anymore. So hiding him in the cave, I walked into the northern Earth Nation Village. They soon welcomed me, and I become one of them. They believed me to be just another lost soul left over from the war. Mourning a lost one or ones. I never told my story, and people never asked.

With only my few bags, I lived in a small modest home near the meadow I loved spending my time in. I started to go by my mother's name, and only used my earth bending around everyone. Some others believed I was a hybrid child from the Fire Nation Colonies. But I still fell into the “lost souls” category. Which was, but all true. I was a lost soul.

After leaving Fang, I went back to my home, and removed my laundry from the line. I didn’t bother to fold it, just tossed it into a basket. As I rushed to get it all down, I heard the drums. I knew at once Zuko had reached the town. I had no time to pack to anything, and I wasn't about to up and leave once more. Not this time, not again. I rushed inside my house, dropping my basket in my living/kitchen. I quickly got to closing all my shutters, and doors. But it felt as if I was moving too slow. As I closed my last one, I could see a small group of people traveling out of town, and down my road.

But it was hard to ignore the sound of all the boots pounding up closer to my home.

BLAHAHAHAHAHA! I made it short just to Spite you all!