Chapter One

(A/N Hi! I decided to start writing a new book that's somewhat a thriller because I've been reading a LOT lately and am inspired.

First off, I want to thank anyone who comes across this because it means a lot, whether you vote for it or not. Every reader is amazing and a huge shout-out to y'all!

Second of all, I am an amateur writer even though I love it dearly. Sometimes I delay on my writing updates because I'm drained of ideas and have writer blocks, but I think this one will be good.

Thanks again to everyone. P.S. I won't mind if you spread the news on my book or anything.

Please note that all of the characters are completely fiction, hence the phrase fan "fiction" so don't take offense to anything or whatever.

Also keep in mind that plagiarism is illegal and mean, so do NOT take my story, plot, characters, ideas, or any part of it without my permission. If anyone sees another book written like mine without my consent or knowing, please report them and contact me immediately.

Thank you x byeee)

- A n n i e x x

Copyrights © 2014

All Rights Reserved.

*-*-*

"Once upon a time... I believe it was a Tuesday when I caught your eye..."

- Taylor Swift, Forever and Always

:~:~:~:

Alex's POV

When I was little, I was taught to never trust a stranger or anyone, in that matter. I learned from my nineteen years of being alive that I could never trust anyone, not even my parents. As much as I loved them, something felt wrong.

I know now.

*a year ago*

"Happy eighteenth birthday, my dear!" my mother exclaimed as she shook me awake. It was nearly six in the morning, the time I never get up at on the weekend.

I groaned, clearly upset. "Thanks, but I need sleep."

I could hear my mother rolling her eyes. "I have a surprise for you."

My eyes snapped open. I sat up eagerly. "Yes?"

She laughed. "You have to get out of bed and change. I have planned a whole day for you!"

A smile appeared on my face, but my eyes were drooping. I was really worn out from yesterday. I had to work extra late to skip work for today because my boss wouldn't let me take a break today, even if it was my birthday. Thank God, I got my paycheck before I got fired for being too lazy.

She walked out of my room, closing the door behind her.

I threw my covers off of my tired body and stepped into my closet, grabbing some jeans, a light rosy pink blouse, undergarments and some towels . As I stepped out of my room, I overheard my mother and father talking loudly in the kitchen. As the nosy girl I was, I listened.

"I think we should tell her," my mother said. "She's eighteen now. She'll understand."

Understand what? I thought to myself.

My father cleared his throat. "I don't think it's time. She won't understand. You know how she is."

"No. She's mature enough," my mother argued back. "If you want, I can tell her myself."

"No, I want to be the one telling her," my father snapped. "Just... not now. I don't want to hurt my baby girl."

"Baby girl?" she said astonished. "She's eighteen, Walter!"