Chapter Turdy-Two

Chapter Turdy-Two

Alex's POV 

It had been almost a month that I had been staying at Harry's house, and his stories still haunted my mind. He thought he was going to be dead. I reassured him everyday, and he comforted me back. We mostly hung out in his room, just keeping light conversations going.

Autumn was passing faster than I had realized. I had always thought that Harry had been worrying for nothing these past weeks, but I was, once again, proven wrong. I was always wondering why no one came around, though I had these chills whenever I was sleeping or was just alone. I felt as if someone was watching my every move, monitoring my words, so I was cautioned on what I should say and what should be kept to myself.

Harry and I had made no progress in whatever we had. My feelings for him grew immensely, each day passing. Kimberly, as Harry's foster mom allowed me to call her, was extremely nice to me, but I was guessing it was from the first day we met and how rude she was to me. We got to know each other well enough, but I never heard much from David, Harry's foster dad. He always sat in his room, watched T.V. silently in the living room, or was eating in the kitchen. The occasional "good morning" or "good night" was mainly it.

I had been sitting in the guest bed room, eating a muffin and reading Harry's journal, which I stole. Of course, he didn't mind because he hadn't written in it for years.

September 24th ~

   Hey Journal. Gonna call you "J". Well, J, I got you not long ago, but you probably don't know the story of how I did since I never tried to fucking write. And I probably sound crazy, writing to you like you're a real person, but... here goes...

   I met this incredibly gorgeous girl at the drug store a couple days ago. She worked there. Her name tag read, "Veronica", which rolled off of my tongue smoothly as I flirted with her shamelessly, in front of my "friends". I got shit for it later, but who cares? Anyway, I got her number, which was a big plus, and we were texting non-stop. I actually felt like she could be the light to illuminate my dark heart. I finally grew a pair and asked her out. I fell out of my fucking chair when she said yes.

-H

I smiled, thinking of a fetus Harry dancing around this very room after scoring a date with this mystery girl, though a pain of disappointment struck through me. Why couldn't a boy ever think of me this way?

September 27th ~

   Hey J. I finally set the date. It's official.

-H

September 29th ~

   Sorry I haven't written. Got lazy. But hey, just got back from my date with Veronica, and I wanna record everything, so when I get older, I can re-read this entry. Here goes....

   I took her out to an upscale fancy restaurant in the downtown area, but she seemed unimpressed. I swear that she seems like a neat and high-class gal... working in a drug store. Damn, I must be stupid. But anyway, we ate and laughed, but it was all so... uncomfortable. Finally, after the awkward date, I asked how she felt, and she said my exact thoughts on how stiff and weird every thing was.

   I thought to myself for a second because my mind and (I'm going to get shit for this but...) my heart as well wanted Veronica to get the very best. So of course, I drove her to the local club. I didn't know if she liked to party, drink, dance, or play in the arcade in the back of the building, so I gave her a variety.

   She is my kind of gal. We played these classic games and shot deer and had a dance-off... Then we stopped by a gas station to buy some chips and soda. She surprised me with this journal, J. She got me you.

   Conclusion: Best night of my life... except I didn't get to kiss her. Maybe next time... ;)

-H

Harry was just like a little kid in a candy store, picking everything until he found the one he enjoyed the most. I was afraid that once he got tired of the candy, he would try another. What if he got tired of me? I knew that he loved this girl, but, after her death, he screwed with every girl in sight then threw them away like the candy wrappers. I didn't want to be used then thrown away.

I was definitely on edge whenever I slept. Someone was watching me. I swore it on my life.

I continued reading the journal, entry after entry, word for word. I laughed at some parts on where he was just a typical teenage boy, happy and carefree yet loving towards this girl. Then, as I flipped another page, my eyes widened at the words he scribbled:

   October 25th ~

Paul is close by. I can feel it. He and his men. I have to stop him before he lays hands on my Veronica. His filthy hands on her makes me want to punch the shit out of him. I know his business, but... she knows too much about everything, and it's all my fault.

I don't believe in anything, hell, I don't believe in a figure helping me in life... but I'm begging you all, God, Jesus, Buddha, Lord Almighty, please... don't let Veronica get hurt. Let me take the damage.

Everything is my fault.

Let the innocent one get away. 

A tear slipped out of my eye as I re-read the paragraphs. That was one of the first times that I had ever heard his vulnerable side. He truly cared and loved her.

I expected there to be more entries after that, but all the rest were empty pages. I continued flipping through the book.

The second to last page read:

   October 31st ~

She's gone. I lost her. I lost my family. I lost everything.

am lost.

What the hell do I do now?

Hold on.

Damn this world. Fuck those kids who asked me for damn candies and told me to have a happy Halloween.

Happy fucking Halloween, Paul. I hope you're happy because you took everything from me.

Then the last page gave me chills, my eyes widened at the simple yet thrilling words. My heart pounded loudly in my chest as I kept re-reading them:

Revenge waits for no one. 

:~:~:~:

a/n hiiiii. goddd i'm soooo sorry that I haven't updated in so long. i have this idea for the ending that i want to upload, so it's going to start wrapping up. if anything doesn't make sense, PLEASE COMMENT HERE, so I can remember to include.

also, who do y'all imagine alex to be?

i still don't know about that casting.

and who's watching alex? is there a person or is she just paranoid?

PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT LOADSSS.... I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH! OHMIGOD THANKS SO MUCH FOR THE 28K + READS AND 1.2K+ VOTES!! :D I LOVE YOU SO MUCH. ♥

- A n n i e x x

Copyrights © 2014