Chapter Twenty-Nine

Chapter Twenty-Nine

Alex's POV

His lips were all I could think about as we sat there quietly.

Harry's soft but muscular arms were wrapped around my waist still. He didn't seemed appalled with me. I never really exercised, except for when I played basketball with my... dad... for fun...

A tear slipped out my eye without me realizing. Before I knew it, I was full on crying.

"Babe, what's wrong?" Harry whispered, turning me around gently. We were face to face with each other, but I couldn't look at him. I was an ugly crier. He reached forward and tilted my chin up with one finger. I had no choice but to look at him. My eyes went to his lips first then to his cute nose then to his dark eyes for no light was shining on those emerald gems right now.

"My... I was thinking..." I started to hiccup as more tears flowed out. "I just thought *hic* of my *hic* father. *hic* I guess I *hic* forgot they were *hic* gone."

Harry smiled sadly. "It'll be okay. I'm sure he misses you."

"I hope he's in heaven," I sighed. "He was too good *hic* of a father to be *hic* burning in hell."

He nodded, but his eyes didn't meet mine again. Instead he was looking anywhere but at my eyes directly. I tried to ignore it because I was done not trusting him. I needed someone to hold me up whether it was family or a friend... in this case... a boy.

Harry encompassed me and held me tightly. His mouth was right next to my ear as we laid on his bed, breathing heavily.

"Wanna hear a bedtime story, Alex?"

I nodded then yawned. It really was getting late. There was almost no gleam of light from the outside through Harry's window, except for the street lamps.

Harry started humming a sweet tune that I recognized as a nursery rhyme. It was relaxing. His voice was like pure music and gold to my brain. I needed him more and more as time went by, I realized. Was I really becoming attached to the man that hurt me a few weeks ago with the lit cigarette end and his fist on my eighteenth birthday? No, he changed. He was a mean and cruel man that hated this world, but I saw the ray of hope in him. I wanted and was determined to dig that back up. I saw the way his eyes would light up whenever he thought of a crappy joke that he thought was flipping hilarious. I saw the way his forehead would have prominent creases whenever he was worried or was thinking really hard. I saw the way his face would be just more happier with his dimply smile and pearly white teeth.

I then registered it in my mind that I was falling for a first-kiss thief that made me feel like the only girl in the world.

;~;~;

Harry's POV

"Once upon a time," I started, smiling to myself as I tried to recall my past, "there was a charming, young, and innocent boy. He played with his older sister, Gemma, who was a beautiful, tall, and kind lady, everyday in their backyard. She loved everyone and everything. Her brother, on the other hand, hated most things. For example, the sun for being too bright and for burning his skin and for melting the ice caps in the poles."

Alex giggled a little at that, and it made my heart skip a beat. Hopefully she didn't feel it, even though my chest was a hundredth of a milimeter away from her back, our two warm bodies barely touching.

"He did what he wanted to after a tragic accident occurred on his mother's birthday." I swallowed hard as I tried not to cry. "His best friend in the world died along with his parents. His sister's laugh would never be heard again, except from tapes and videos. His parents' faces would never be smiling or frowning at him whenever the little boy messed up.

He was sent to an orphanage, so he had a place to stay because the little boy had no friends or family that were willing to allow him into their homes. He was so fucking innocent, until he ran into a gang in a dark alley. He was around sixteen at that time. He met his bros from other hoes, Louis, Liam, Niall, Zayn, and Michael. They smoked, did drugs, stole shit... until I wanted to leave. I couldn't because my idiot friends made a deal with that evil coward that goes by the name of Paul.

The Paul wanted more people in that group, so he asked Luke and Calum to join. Ashton came in last. This all formed... the Infamous."

Alex yawned again. "So you robbed a bank?"

"I... well, we had good conscience, but what the hell could we do against Paul? He has men posted every fucking square feet in the US."

"Fight back, gorgeous," she whispered. "Don't let him ruin all of your lives due to his and his clones' actions."

"Easy for you to say," I scoffed. I knew that Alex frowned at my attitude, so I apologized.

Wait, what? I apologized? I didn't apologize to anyone! This girl... she was changing me...

No.

I was changing me, but she was my inspiration.

"I forgive you, Harry," she said softly, nodding her head in agreement. "Can I ask you something?"

"Yeah."

"Why did Liam turn bad? Why did he accidentally call you 'Henry'?"

My mouth went dry when she said his name. She dated that son of a bitch.

"He is a bad guy with a good heart."

"He was so sweet at the movies," she frowned.

"Hm. What was your other question again?"

"Why did he call you Henry?"

"My real name is Henry Edwards, but my mom," I started to tell my interesting life story, "always liked my father's middle name of Harold, so she called me Harry as our special nickname. After she died, I used that name on everything, even paper work. Edwards became my middle name, and Styles was my official last name because Gemma took my dad's last name."

"So which name should I call you?"

"I like 'gorgeous'," I smirked. "Or Prince Harry."

"The second one's taken," she giggled.

"Just Harry then."

"Okay, Just Harry," she yawned. "I'm tired. Good night."

I kissed her head as she drifted off to sleep in my arms.

After ten minutes of silence, I whispered, "Are you asleep, Alex?"

When she didn't respond, I said quietly and full of shame, "Your parents aren't dead, and I... I know where they are."

I felt the burden of my second biggest secret lift off of my chest as I sighed happily, smiling into my sleep.

;~;~;

a/n heyo ya mofos. sorry I didn't update last name. i fell asleep. welp, what do y'all think Harry's biggest secret is?

where do you think Alex's parents are?

what is Paul planning on doing with Alex, his real daughter?

is Michael going to help his mom on protecting his sister?

comment what y'all think!

VOTE LOADSSS!

thanks so much for the 16K reads x ilysm ♥

- A n n i e x x

Copyrights © 2014