Chapter Eight

"Right now, I wish you were here with me."

- One Direction, Right Now

:~:~:

Alex's POV

Monday was the most disgusting and slow day ever.

School was boring. I mainly just sat there listening to the lectures and took some notes because it was close to the exam days, even though we had a couple months until winter break.

"Hey Alex!" I heard Liam shout as I darted out of the school. He was wearing a grey sweatshirt with dark skinny jeans. Why was he always wearing drab and dull colors? I stopped and waited for him to catch up. He was looking mighty fine with his hair gelled and pulled up into a quiff. "How was your day?"

"Boring, yours?" I said nicely. I really wanted to get home. The police called my cell phone during AP Trigonometry.

"So please find the equation that is not equal to the rest," Mrs. Pearl explained in her monotonous voice. Math class was just dragging on. What class do I have next? Oh yeah-

I heard a loud vibration coming near me, but I swore that I put my phone on 'silent.' So I simply ignored it until Mrs. Pearl appeared in front of my table, frowning.

"I suggest you answer that phone call because it's so important," Mrs. Pearl said. "Make sure it's on speaker."

I rolled my eyes after she turned her back on me. My hand was searching for my phone, lost in the abyss of my backpack.

It was an unknown number. What the heck? "Hello?"

"Speaker," Mrs. Pearl mouthed, so I smacked that button.

"Hello, is this Alexandra Parks?" an undetectable older man's voice rang through the quiet classroom. Weird people were staring at me. Gross.

"Yes, this is her speaking," I replied in a good manner. I swore I saw Mrs. Pearl rolling her eyes. Haha, I must've rubbed off on her mundane mind. "May I ask who this is?"

"This is Officer Dan Kingsley from Pill-" the man started. I immediately hit the speaker button again to turn it off. I got up and rushed out of the room, holding the phone next to my ear. My brain was panicking. The police called me?

"I just want to inform you that we discovered some... startling information regarding your missing parents, Walter and Megan Parks," he continued. My eyes were watering as I listened on further. My conscience kept telling me that it was going to be alright, but my demon kept laughing and saying that my parents were in danger - or worse, dead. "Are you home right now, Alex?"

"N-no, s-sir," I said, my voice quivering in fear.

"When are you going to be home?" His voice was calm. Why was it calm? He said that the police have uncovered new alarming clues to the case. It was fricking making me want to break down right here, right now.

"After school, at around four," I replied, taking deep breaths. "Why can't you tell me now?"

"Because I don't trust mobile devices like this," he responded right away. "This case involves one of the top criminals wanted currently. It is very serious and dangerous and needs to be told to you in person. I have your address and will meet you at promptly four fifteen."

"Thank you," I said out of habit. I didn't feel too grateful for anything right now. If anything happened to my parents, I will kill the murderer with my own hands.

"School was okay, I guess," Liam said shyly, scratching his head. It messed up his perfectly gelled hair a little, which made my partial OCD react. I reached up and fixed it, not realizing how close I was to him and his beautiful face. His hot breath was still smoky and intoxicating. I quickly pulled away, my face reddened to a noticeable shade.

"I g-gotta go," I said, clearing my throat. I noticed some girls in those popular cliques staring at us, scowling. "See you tomorrow."

As I turned around, Liam grabbed my hand and spun me around and in to his warm chest. He squeezed me tightly and whispered into my ear, "Can I have your number?"

I nodded without hesitating. After exchanging numbers, I turned and ran home. My breath was ragged and shaky.

I sat on the couch and prayed for my parents. I knew that I was never the perfect daughter, but please, I have never done anything to deserve that karma. Please be okay, Mom and Dad. Tears were falling out of my eyes before I could have comprehended it.

Two hard knocks on my door and a shout saying, "Police," shook me up. I wiped my face with the back of my hand and looked in the mirror by the door.

I am strong, I thought to myself and tried to smile, but it looked fake as ever. I can do it. They're fine.

But define "fine".

:~:~:

My head was spinning as I recalled every word the two policemen said to me. They looked worried for me, but I was fricking pissed. They just left the house, their guilt and sadness trapping me in this living room. It was closing in on me. I was going to have a panic attack any second.

But I didn't.

Instead I fell to my knees and cried.

Why did bad things happen to innocent and good people?

(A/N Hiiiii. I just want to thank everyone again. Basically, if you want to continue reading, just skip this! But I just want to thank y'all for reading and telling people to do so too.

Follow me on TWITTER: @Luver_of_Niall , I follow back if you ask

Follow me here on WATTPAD, I follow back if you ask!

THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH OHMIGOSH I LOVE YOU ALL UGH)

- A n n i e x x

Copyrights © 2014