Chapter Twenty-Seven

Harry's POV

I watched Alex shift her weight around uncomfortably. Her face was an unnatural shade of pink, and her hands were trembling a bit. Her eyes indicated that she was thinking about something that was difficult to figure out.

"What's wrong, Alex?" I finally asked her.

"You stole it," she mumbled, turning away from me.

"Stole what?" I questioned, dumbfounded. Then it struck me. Was this girl really that much of a goody goody? Was I really her first kiss? It wasn't even memorable, really. It was more of a gentle peck to shut her up. I wasn't even thinking about it. I just... Well, did it.

I shrugged. "Oh. Sorry."

"That's all you can say, Harry?" Alex cried out. Her face was redder than before, but it was in a way of anger, instead of the embarrassment/ shock that she was in before. "I- I was saving it for someone special!"

Wow. She was overreacting so badly. Was she always this stubborn drama queen?

"You're saying I'm not special?" I chuckled lightly.

Her eyes widened as she shook her head. "No, no. I- I didn't mean it like that!"

"You sure?"

Alex nodded. "I say things when I get mad, but I really was saving it for someone I... Like."

I decided to ignore the statement she just said, obviously meaning that she had no feelings for me whatsoever. It did hurt my ego a bit, but oh well. I couldn't impress everyone in this fucked up world.

"Oh," I said. Then I smirked and teased her. "So... Who do you like?"

"What?" she said with her head cocked to the side. "I- I never..."

"C'mon," I whined, drawing out the "n" for a few long seconds until she giggled and punched my arm playfully.

"You're not funny, Harry."

"Why the fuck are you laughing then?" I smirked.

She punched my arm again; this time, it was harder.

"Stop saying that 'f-word'!" she shrieked.

I groaned. "I only said that once so far!"

"It's one too many," she said, stubbornly crossing her arms across her chest.

I smiled then wrapped my arm around her shoulder that almost immediately tensed at touch but relaxed after she understood that I meant no harm.

"We should go inside," I whispered.

"For what?"

"It's getting dark... And I want you to meet my foster family."

;~;~;

Alex's POV

"Is that really you, Harry?"

A tall, thin, and fragile-looking woman stood at the doorway with the hands covering her mouth. Her face was pale and tired. Her clothes were formal, so I guessed she was a business woman of some sort. Her brown hair was pulled up in a tight bun.

Harry, who stood next to me with his arm still around my shoulder, scratched his head. "Yes."

"Oh, my God!" she cried, rushing over to him and squeezing the life out of Harry. He let go of my shoulder to hug the woman back, but it was a quick five-second ((s) of summer) touch. "Look how big and tall you are! Your hair is awfully long but curly and beautiful as always. Why are your clothes filled with little holes everywhere? Harry, your eyes are a brilliant green as always. Oh, my Lord. You don't know how much I've missed you!" Then she turned around and ran back into her house, gripping Harry's hand and pulling him along with her.