Chapter Twenty

"They say bad things happen for a reason, But no wise words gonna stop the bleeding..."

- The Script, Breakeven

:~:~:

Alex's POV

I gripped my purse tightly as I made my way through the lobby to the front counter. People wearing similar clothing as me were giving me looks, like they knew I was up to something.

"Hello, welcome to the MGM Grand Hotel and Casino!" a perky woman named Danielle greeted me. "What can I do for you today?"

"I- um, I want to stay in the hotel..." I said nervously.

"Okay!" she chirped. "We'll fix you up right away. First, do-"

"We already have reservations," a male voice rang from behind me. Harry.

"Oh," she said, her face dimming from the sight of this man. I was sure that she had seen worse and more tattooed people, but she acted truly disgusted. "It's... Henry Edwards?"

He scowled. "Yes, Danielle."

Her hands were shaking as she typed some stuff in to her computer. She gave me a weak, fake smile as she handed us two keys. "The bell hop will be here shortly."

I nodded nicely as Harry rolled his eyes, pulling the luggage behind him.

"What was that about?" I snapped as he led me up the stairs and through the long luxurious halls. There were only a couple of doors on each side of the halls. No one were in them, it seemed. Maybe they were in the casino.

"What do you mean?" Harry asked irritably.

"You being so rude to Danielle!" I said like it was the most obvious thing in the world because it was. "What was that act for?"

"It wasn't an act," he sighed. "I don't like that girl."

"Why not?"

"Because she... never mind," he said, dropping the bags in front of a bedroom door. The number, 17, on the door, were glistening and reflecting the light from the chandelier above our heads.

"What do you mean, 'never mind'?" I groaned. "Stop cutting everything short!"

"Shut up, Alex."

"Make me!" I yelled. Harry cracked his knuckles and popped his neck, tilting it left to right then center. His vivid green eyes darkened and narrowed in to slits as he stalked towards me slowly. I whimpered as I felt my back hit the cold hard wall. "Harry," I whispered. His hands grabbed my wrists and pushed it up, leaving me vulnerable to him. "Don't."

"What do you think I am going to do, huh, Alex?" Harry breathed heavily. His face was less than a foot away from mine. "Do you think I am going to hurt you? Do you not trust me yet?"

"What did you do to make me trust you?" I dared to argue. My voice was barely above a whisper.

"I did save your life."

"I wouldn't care. You didn't do anything else," I sighed. His grip tightened and I squirmed under him. "Harry let go of me."

"No, you stubborn bitch. Listen here," he growled. "You have to behave yourself on this fucking trip because it is important. You have to... and I mean have to trust me on this one. If you let one mistake slip, we both as well as your family and friends will be-" He let go of my wrists and made a cutting sound against my neck with his hand. "Dead."

I didn't say anything after that. I just dragged my feet after Harry, who unlocked the door. But as I stepped in to the room, my eyes widened and my jaw dropped.

"Oh, my God," I gasped. The room was huge. A large chandelier hung above two queen sized bed that had rose petals sprinkled around the perfectly white sheets. The pillows were rosy red with specks of white. The carpet was red with white swirls throughout the entire room. A large flat screen T.V. hung on a wall opposite of the beds. It had two speakers by it as well as a game console, mini fridge, and a DVD player under it on the same shelf. I skipped through it giggling to myself. The room was mine! Mine! Oh wait... I had to share. Damn.

I started crying when I entered the kitchen. Damn! It was so beautiful. A big light fixture hung above the kitchen island that was - if I may add - made of crystals. The appliances were up to date and were brand new as if they were all untouched, as if no one ever used them. A wine cooler with a transparent door was filled with champagne and wine. I didn't drink, but if I did, that would be paradise. I would never leave this room. It was like a mini house! In fact, it seemed bigger than my house.

"Alex?" an echoed sang through the empty room. Harry strolled in with two glasses filled with yellowish bubbly water. Was that alcohol? "A toast?"

"Toast to what?" I asked, taking one glass. It was light and delicate. As I was about to take a sip of it, he stopped me by saying, "A toast to life."

"Life?"

"Yes. I am toasting to life," he said smiling. "I had a rough past, which is catching up to me right now, but you shined bright like a light in my dark soul. I was hoping that I wouldn't ever see you again ever since I hurt you with my cigarette, but I did. I was scared of seeing your face. I don't know, but here's a toast to us being safe here and a toast to life."

I smiled with him as he clinked my glass with his and drank it. I stared down at the liquid. It didn't smell too strong, so I took a small sip.

It had the same carbonated feel as soda would, and it had a weird but somewhat addicting taste. It was sweet but kind of tangy. I took another sip, but it was bigger than the first. My brain and mouth were full of tiny bubbles, making me feel happy and lightweight.

"Wow, this is great," I cheered, downing the rest. A mini explosion was in my mouth, but I didn't care. I stuck the glass out in Harry's face. "Another."

*

"Alex," he slurred. "You're drunk."

"I know," I lazily replied. My body felt like Jello as I made my way to the beds. My feet tripped over each other, and I belly-flopped on to one mattress, knocking the air out of me. "Ugh."

"Is this your first time drunk?" he asked me, his eyes peering at me from his bed.

"Yeah, I am eighteen," I said, shining a crooked smile. My eye lids felt so heavy.

"Harry, I am-"

"Do you-"

We both interrupted each other simultaneously. Then we burst out laughing.

"Champagne is amazing," he remarked slowly.

"Not as amazing as you," I said. I didn't realize that that slipped out until he smirked, cockily. "I didn't mean..."

"You're drunk," he nodded. I nodded with him. But I really did think he was amazing.

Suddenly a gut retching feeling twisted in my stomach. "I need to..."

But I didn't make it to the bathroom fast enough.

(A/N Hiiiii. Thanks for reading lovelies I went online yesterday to see that "Concealed // h.s. au" was ranked #79 in the Mystery/Thriller category! But I came on today and it was gone lol. But my other work, my first short story, "Crushed," was ranked #128 in Short Story and #236 in Mystery/Thriller. Yay! Please check that out too. It's really short and shouldn't take more than five minutes to read x PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT HERE AND THERE TOO YAY Ilysm )

- A n n i e x x

Copyrights © 2014