Chapter Turdy-Four

Alex's POV 

"What are you doing here?" I hissed when Kim walked away.

Liam looked at me with concern in his warm brown eyes. "You're not safe here, Alex. You're lucky I found you."

"How did you know I was here?"

"I just knew that Harry would take you here..." Liam trailed off but was awfully suspicious.

"Are you sure?"

"Y-yeah, of course," he half-smiled, scratching his head before grabbing my hand, "C'mon."

"I'm not going anywhere with you until you tell me what's going on!" I snapped, yanking my hand away from his.

"I'll tell you on the way there."

"Where?"

"A special place," Liam smiled, but it was not a genuine happy one. It was dark, like he was hiding a bunch of secrets.

"What the hell, no!" I yelled. I tried to turn around and run, but Liam, once again, gripped my wrist tightly. I felt the blood slowing down around that area, the hand beginning to pale. "L-Liam, you're hurting me."

"You left me no choice, Alex. I'm sorry."

With that, I saw Liam take out a needle full of some cloudly liquid from the inside of his black jacket.

"What are you doing?" I whimpered, using my body weight to get out of his reach. I darted to the couch, barely touching the fabric before a large bus smacked into me. I saw out of the corner of my eyes that Liam was sitting on my back, my chest pressed against the hardwood floors.

"Liam," I wheezed out. At the moment, a cool, sharp metal was injected into my arm. The liquid ran through my veins. My heart began to beat slower as my breaths were deeper and more urgent. "What are you-"

"Shh, just sleep."

I opened my eyes wider, trying to keep myself awake, but the pounding headache made everything in my vision pulse, and I allowed them to close.

"I'm sorry," was the last thing I heard.

:~:~:

Harry's POV 

I stood in the shower with the cold water bouncing off and running down my body. The heat built inside of me died down as I leaned forward to wash my messy hair.

I squirted some shampoo and thoroughly rubbed it on my hair and scalp. Dirty thoughts of me with Alex rushed through my head as the water started to warm up. She was so beautiful. Just as beautiful as Veronica, maybe even more because she was stubborn and smarter. I knew it was mean of me to think this way of my dead lover, but it was all true. I loved Veronica, and, now, I lo- liked Alex.

My eyes squeezed shut as water and soap sprayed into them.

"Fuck," I muttered, placing my hands and hair under the shower head. I rinsed the shampoo out and then washed my face with my step-dad's facial wash. Acne was one of the last things I needed on my face. Pimples hurt, especially if someone punched my face and their fist just so happened to crush my jaw and an irritated big one.

I scrubbed the new minty soap bar all over my body, slowing down around my sensitive area. I didn't want to get it happy again.

Alex... what were you doing to me...?

The water then began to loudly pelt against my rough body and the tile walls as my heart pounded in my chest.

Something was wrong. I could feel it. The air seemed different. Maybe it was the wet steam or...

I turned the knob and wiped myself with my body towel before throwing on a black t-shirt and some khaki shorts that was hidden in the back of my drawer.

Stepping out, I immediately was alerted that something happened.

"Alex?" I called out, storming through the house. I checked my bedroom, the guest room, the master, the living room, the parlor, the dining room, then lastly the kitchen.

"Mom!" I yelled. Kim jumped and whirled around, holding a kitchen knife in her hand. I staggered backwards.

"Oh, dear, sorry!" she laughed uncomfortably, placing the knife back down on the cutting board. "Harry, you just called me, 'Mo-"

"Where's Alex?" I panicked. She couldn't have left me when I was in the shower! She didn't even attempt to the whole time she stayed here. Everything was so wrong...

"Oh, you didn't know?" Kim frowned. "Alex collasped in the living room, and Lee... I forgot his name! Was it Lee... um... I-"

"Liam was here?" I roared, clenching my fists. "Why the fuck was he here?"

"Hey, language, Harry," Kim snapped, "and I don't know. Why don't you ask him? I thought you both were friends."

"We were years ago," I said, rolling my eyes. "What happened to Alex?"

"She collasped and was brought to the hospital by Liam," Kim said, oddly calm.

I narrowed my eyes at her. She timidly turned around and began dicing the onions again.

I left the kitchen and grabbed a small duffel bag that was in my room, stuffing some spare clothes and some weapons. I looked around, making sure no one was in it, then climbed out the window.

:~:~:

Michael's POV 

"What are you doing here?" I groaned. It was almost two in the morning.

The woman stood still in the doorway, thinking about something.

"Hello?"

"I need your help, Michael," she said quietly before a cry left her mouth.

"What for?" I rubbed my eyes.

"Paul killed my niece and has ruined me," she sobbed. "She was the only family I had left. I'm so done with him! I tried to kill him, but I got caught and was... violated. I can't do this anymore. Please help me, Michael."

I eyed her up and down, taking note of the rough condition that she was in. Phoebe had battered clothes with one shoe and make-up that ran down her tear-stained cheeks.

"Fine." I moved aside and let her hobble into my ruined home.

Phoebe gingerly moved around the broken glass of beer bottles and the cigarette stubs on the concrete ground. She sat on the couch, studying my place. As I locked all ten latches on the door, I turned around and saw Phoebe staring at the window beside me. It was patched up with tape.

"What happened?" she whispered, wiping her face with the backs of her hands.

"Nothing," I shrugged. "Well, nothing yet. All I know is that my mom and dad are gone and that it's not safe here, Phoebe."

"Do you know a safe place? I really need to talk to you."

"Yeah, I do."

A smile was on her lips.

:~:~:

author's note: hi guys. so sorry that it's been a while. i've had stuff to do and had a major writer's block omg. i will update again today or tomorrow, so just hold on. i'm gonna try to wrap up this thing. it's literally almost done OMG. 

Thanks so much to the 35K+ reads and 1.5K+ votes! I appreciate it so much omg. thank you to all of my readers for reading this story. thank you voters for enjoying the story and voting for it. thank you commenters for making me laugh and smile from your positive feedback. thank you to the amazing people who have done all of the above. i can't even express how grateful i am.

thank you.

- A n n i e x x

Copyright © 2014