Chapter Turdy-Seven

Chapter Turdy-Seven 

Alex's POV 

"Mom! Dad!" I screamed when I saw two familiar face appear from an anonymous, grey building. I shook my head in delight but immediated halted when I examined their pale and limp figures. "What... what happened?"

"We're so glad to see you," my dad coughed, the sound echoing in his chest. It sounded hoarse and just... I couldn't believe my ears.

"What happened?" I cried, tears flooding my vision before flowing out and down my cheeks. My lips trembled harder as his bony arms wrapped itself around my actually warm and healthy body. I felt so horrible.

My dad looked around before pulling out a notepad and jotting down a couple of sentences. I waited patiently in his arms as the skinny fingers of his moved on the page.

We have hearing devices from our captive that hears everything but can't see. We missed you, Alex. 

"I missed you too, daddy," I sobbed, spreading kisses all around his cheeks. Then I ran over to my fragile mother, who beamed at me like I was the only green leaf in the turning of autumn, like I was special. "Mommy."

She kissed my forehead, closing her eyes as I did mine, and held her lips there for a few precious moments.

Mom took the notepad and wrote, "I love you, Alex, but we have a confession to make."

"What is it?" I whispered.

We're not your parents. We might as well tell you before you 

I already pushed the pad away, not even bothering to finish reading, before screaming, "You're joking! You're just tricking me. Tell me this is all a nightmare, a fucked up dream. Tell me that you're both actually normal weight underneath those clothes. Tell me that you guys are okay!"

"But we're not okay," my dad smiled sadly at me, his cold hand caressing my cheek lovingly.

"You have to be. Both of you. You are my parents. I don't care what you both say."

Mom shoved the notepad in my hand and rushed to my father, who hugged her tightly. Her usually nice and perfect handsome was rushed and scribbled from the first centimeter to the last of the page.

I'm sorry that this had to happen to you. I didn't know it myself until you were fifteen. Remember your incident? Your nightmares? It was all from that disgusting man, Paul. He tried to get you. You were young and naive, just a clueless girl. That man was twice your age. That sick bastard. Please don't forget us as I'm telling you now. You have to escape his grasps. No matter what happens to us, stay far away. Remember that handsome man, Liam? Don't trust that fool. There's only two men in this world that you can trust with your life: your father... and Harry. 

I grabbed the stub of a pencil from my mother's white hands and wrote back my reply, in fear that someone may overhear my cries and whispers.

Mom. You know Harry? Why do you trust him? He's a criminal. I would know.

But aren't you staying with him? At his house?

Where'd you hear that, Mom?

From Liam? His British accent is recognizable on top of the commotion that goes on in that damned building.

The grey one?

No. Never be curious about the building. Never.

I finally snapped my pencil in half with one hand in anger. Why was this happening to us?

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY THIS, WHOEVER IS LISTENING TO THIS DEVICE?!" I screamed frantically to the collar around my parents' necks. "WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS TO US? WE'RE JUST AN INNOCENT FAMILY-"

"Shut up, Alex!" my father roared, a fiery blaze raging in his normally warm chocolate ones. I didn't even know who this man was any more. "Give me that." He snatched the little lead stick and scrawled out words.

I AM NOT YOUR FATHER. 

"You both can't prank me like this," I laughed hysterically, clutching my stomach. "I know, haha, that this is just some s-sick joke my p-parents are pulling on me. Oh, c'mon, Mom, tell Dad to s-stop!"

I'm sorry to tell you otherwise, my dear. We aren't your parents.

"You didn't give birth to me and raise me? Actually, erase that first part," I scoffed, wiping away the dried tears. "You don't have to give birth to be and go through that pain. You both raised me to be the person I am today. I wouldn't be anywhere else if it weren't for you both amazing people."

We love and are so proud of us. Please promise us to stay away from trouble.

Oh, Mommy. 'Trouble' is my middle name.

I mentally highfived myself in my mind, but my dad took the notepad and wrote,

Actually your middle name is Haley from your grandmother. Don't change it and dishonor our family, Alex. 

:~:~:~:

Paul's POV 

"Why are they all screaming at each other?" I groaned, massaging my forehead as their voices clouded my mind. It was reaching my point. I slammed the iPad on the desk and swiped it away with one flick of the wrist. Shards of glass were covering the carpets, but I ignored it and made my way to the door.

A guard that was supposed to be positioned outside of the torture room rammed into me hard, leaving me breathless.

"What the hell?" I yelled, getting on my feet. My fists clenched, preparing to slam my knuckles into his jaw until the man screamed out in panic, "Malik and Clifford has escaped!"

"What? What is your problem? You can't even handle two adolescents?"

He led me to the room and opened the heavy steel door, revealing their two guards tied up in two completely different torturing machines. One was being strapped down to a wooden table and had slow drops of water falling on his over-sized forehead. He was sweaty and nervous and red in the face as he quickly stammered, "We tried! Oh please, I can't take this! Save me from this contraption! It's driving me insane!"

"Good," I chuckled. "You deserve it, you moron."

The other man had a white pillowly sponge stuffed in his mouth. His eyes were closed in a drousy, unconscious sleep. That wasn't much torture.

I shook my head and laughed, absentmindedly. "I hired a bunch of idiots. I guess I have to get Alexandra myself."

"Ugh. Damn it."