Chapter Six

"I'm friends with the monster that's under my bed."

- Eminem Ft. Rihanna, The Monster

:~:~:

Alex's POV

"Erm, hi Alex."

Before I could say or do anything, he ran up to me and squeezed my waist.

"L-Liam?" I stuttered. "What... How-"

"I'm so sorry," he said in to my hair. Then he pulled away, his big chocolate brown eyes staring into mine sadly. "I didn't mean to leave you..."

I then had a flashback to what happened yesterday and immediately pulled away. It all came rushing back to me. I still couldn't believe he left me. I even got hit by Harry. If only he was there to protect... would things have been different if he was?

"You jerk!" I yelled and attempted to slam the door, but his foot blocked it.

"Please come out!" Liam begged. Tears were brimming his eyes, and I felt a pang of guilt in my heart. I didn't know why though. We weren't close or anything. "I need to talk to you! I have a... a reason."

I scoffed. "Please." I was kicking myself mentally for even letting him talk. "Go ahead and explain. This better be good!"

Liam grabbed my hand and pulled me out. Then I dropped his grasp and crossed my arms over my chest. "Go."

"I was just... in shock. I didn't mean to- I mean, I did, but I... I'm so sorry, but I didn't want you to know-" He kept sighing and stuttering, and it was angering me, but I bit my tongue anyway. "I didn't want to get in trouble." Then he took both of my hands in his and stepped closer to me until we were face-to-face, just a little less than two inches away.

"I'm so sorry, Alex. I never thought that Henry would hurt you," Liam said quietly.

"Henry?" I questioned him. "Who's Henry?"

"Um... that was a mistake," he mumbled. "Please don't call him that."

"Why not?"

"It's a secret. You have to be close friends with us to know that classified information," Liam said, cracking a small smile and winking at me. I felt my face heating. Was I blushing? I was blushing. No way.

"Please forgive me, Alex," he begged once again. I couldn't help resisting anymore, even though I got hit because of him.

"Okay, but next time you better save me," I joked. He laughed a little before pulling me into a hug again.

"Alex, let me make it up to you."

"What do you mean?"

Then he said, his face inching closer. "Will you go out with me on Friday, Alex?"

Something about the way he said my name made my mind melt like an ice cream cone in the notorious Texas heat. I couldn't think straight. Something about the way he looked at me...

:~:~:

Friday came by so slowly. My parents were still missing, so I called the cops after Liam left that Wednesday afternoon. They were right: the cops in my town were so slow and lazy. I never received any notifications on my cell phone, and that worried me deeply. Were they alright?

I went back to work on Wednesday afternoon but got fired Thursday afternoon for being rude to a customer that reminded me of Harry. Speaking of him, I haven't seen Harry since that morning, and I was glad but secretly wished that I could see him again. His green eyes were addicting and were easy to get lost in. Everything about him was so mysterious, and I wanted to know more, even though he threatened and hurt me. I still wanted to see him. His smell was bitter but comforting to me. The smoke mixed with a mint kind of weird smell. It also mixed with that weird boy's - who pinned me against the wall - breath. It was really strange. I thought it was some sort of candy or something but later figured out that it was a drug of some sort. Were they drug dealers or something? Maybe that was their secret confidential information.

After taking a quick shower, I found a light turquoise sheer button-up and threw it on along with high waisted denim cut-offs. I tucked in the shirt and examined myself in the mirror. My first ever date with a boy in my last year of high school, and... my parents weren't here to celebrate with me.

I decided to wear make-up because Liam has never seen me with it on. After applying mascara and a little lip-gloss, I heard a faint knock at the front door. I ran to my room to grab my purse then came back to the front of the house, fixing my hair in the living room mirror.

He knocked again. Why was I so nervous? I was fricking shaking!

I took two deep breaths and opened it.

"Hey there, Alex," Liam greeted me. He wore a blue and red plaid, button-up flannel shirt with dark, almost black, skinny jeans. Boys sure looked good in skinny jeans. "You look beautiful."

I blushed. "Thank you, Liam. You don't look so bad yourself."

His face flushed a little. "Aw, thanks. My ego agrees with you. Shall we?" He offered his arm to me, which I gladly accepted, linking my arm through his.

His black truck was the same: clean but smoke smelling. They all smelled like smoke! What the hell?

"What are we going to do?" I asked him excitedly, ignoring my urge to roll down the windows. I mean, c'mon, it was my first real date!

"Whatever you want," he said smiling.

"Maybe a movie?"

He agreed by smiling wider. "What kind do you prefer?"

Liam drove about fifteen minutes on the highway before we arrived at the P.K. Mall, which also had a popular movie theater. It was huge and had all of the new movies as well as older classics.

I got out of the truck and answered, "I like rom-coms and horrors."

He laughed. "Those are two completely different things!"

I nodded. "Exactly."

He laughed again.

:~:~:

We settled on Piranhas, a popular comedy/horror classic from 1978. A lot of people were really scared of this movie, but I've seen it before, and it wasn't that scary. But the fact that this movie was based on a real animal - or any movie based on anything real, mainly true stories - was startling to me.

At one scene, Liam flinched so much that I held his waist. He pulled me in tighter; I heard his breathing relaxing a little every time I squeezed him comfortingly. He was like a big ol' sweet teddy bear. I've never met a guy like him, and I doubt that I would ever meet another one. If my mom was here, she would be freaking out with me. She would encourage me and assure me and comfort me...

"Hey," Liam whispered in my ear. His large hand briskly ran over my right cheek, catching an unexpected tear that fell out of my eye. "Are you okay? The woman died, but I thought you've already seen this movie."

I nodded. "I'm fine. Yeah... I have."

I decided to keep him thinking that I was crying because of the movie.

(A/N Hiiiii. Thanks for reading this far! Chapter Six, wow. Please continue reading. I update often, but I don't have a schedule. Oops, haha. Anyways, adios peeps. P.S. VOTE AND COMMENT LOADS, Ilysm )

- A n n i e x x

Copyrights © 2014