Chapter Turdy-Six

Chapter Turdy Six 

Alex's POV 

"Hey, wake up."

The sound of the rough, masculine voice startled me, a shriek leaving my mouth. My eyes snapped open and was immediately blinded by the sunlight. We were in the car, and, apparently, Liam parked us in a stranded parking lot in front of a large glass building.

"Where are we?" I asked groggily. Then everything came back to me. Did Liam, the sweet, innocent high school jock, drug me? "What the hell is going on?"

I tried to reach up to rub my dry eyes, but something cold against my wrists clung tightly.

I was handcuffed to the passenger seat!

"What is this? You're kidnapping me!" I screamed, struggling to escape this trap, but the cuffs seemed to get tighter against my skin, the metal sending shivers up and down my arms. "Please let me go, Liam. I-I don't know what I did to deserve this, but I promise I didn't do it."

"Don't make this any harder," Liam murmured, his voice cracking a bit. "I'm sorry, but I'm going through a tough, tough time and need this... I need it, Alex. I'm so sorry, and I know I'll regret doing this to you and those innocents, but it has to be done."

"What has to be done?" I asked him gently, trying to get Liam to open up to me. I wanted to hit his soft spot to see if he could let me go. After all, why was I involved in this situation? I didn't do anything... did I? "You can talk to me, Liam. You know you can."

"I... I don't know," Liam whispered more to himself than to me.

"Please Liam. I've known you since the ninth grade," I encouraged him with a small, sympathetic smile. "You know that."

Liam sighed then muttered, "Fine."

A moment passed before the brown-eyed boy started explaining the situation.

"I know you, Alexandra Parks. I know more about you than you think. I'm not even eighteen. I'm twenty years old-" That fact actually shook me up, but as I kept examining his face, I could see the adult features in him. "-and I'm going to admit this with a bit of shame... I have been stalking you."

"Stalking me," I stated. The fact that this man that I've dated a while back was stalking me made my head spin, but Liam kept talking as if I didn't say anything.

"I know, I am such a fool! I just... I need the money. My boss offered each of his workers to draw you towards his business, which is a scary place to be, and I don't even know how I ended up here, but I am here... and I totally regret it. Alex, please understand me right now that I would never mean any harm to you. Boss man is getting impatient, but I am his best worker, so he sent me for you. I am only going to say this once... I had to drug you. I had to drag you here. I had to... but ever since you've been out, I've been thinking.

"I told my boss that I would give you one week of freedom with some supervision, of course, with whoever you want, but you cannot mention a single word about the whole thing to anyone. Ever. If you do, and I don't want to frighten you, your life will be in danger guaranteed."

"Can I ask you something?" I asked timidly, pondering on his deal. Who would I want to spend my last week with?

"Yes, Alex, anything."

"Is it true? Are my parents alive?"

I memorized everything about Liam's reaction, a wave of guilt and shock surged through his mind then a ray of relief broke out of the flood.

A shameful sigh slipped through his lips. "It's true. My boss has them held captive, but you can't set them free unless you step foot in to the... the building."

I nodded. So this was how they were going to play me...

"Can I spend my last week of freedom with my parents as you promised? You said anyone."

Liam groaned and palmed his forehead. "I'm so stupid. I need to call him. Don't try to escape because I swear, Alex. You're giving me a headache already."

"Yeah, okay."

Liam eyed me one last time before stepping out of the small vehicle. 

:~:~:

Michael's POV 

"So here we are again," Paul smiled wickedly at me, my hands cuffed behind my back along with my mates, Zayn, Niall, and Luke. Louis and Ashton got away, those fuckers. "You boys planning on sabotaging me?"

"No, sir, we swear!" the Irish accent blurted, cutting through the tension in the dark room. I mentally facepalmed... that stupid boy. He was going to get punished for lying.

That was exactly what Paul said before Niall was hauled out the door by two muscular men that I faintly recognized.

"Anyone-"

Paul's cell phone rang, loudly interrupting our talk. "Ugh, Liam. What's up? Uh, huh. Fuck no. You know the rules... why are you such an idiot? Uh, huh. Yeah. Fine. One week, and that's it."

I raised a brow in confusion. Liam? I hadn't seem him in weeks, perhaps months. Where had he been?

"Continuing our little talk," Paul said, spitting a little after putting the stress on the 'k' in 'talk', "I want to know what you little boys are planning."

"We're not little boys, Paul," Zayn scoffed. The man in black holding his hands behind his back (which wasn't necessary since we were cuffed) slapped the back of Zayn's head with his meaty hand.

"Shut up and don't interrupt," the man snarled, his dead brown eyes glaring at the back of the Bradford boy's head.

"You know what?" Luke yelled, body slamming himself in to his guard. "I've had enough of this shit. If you want to ruin everyone's lives, then just do it, instead of torturing us. You keep thinking we need the money, so you play us like we're part of a fucking game. Leave those poor innocent girls alone, you scum."

"Oh? So you don't need the money? I guess your mom can rest in peace?" Paul taunted.

The anger that was on Luke's face quickly faded away. "N-no sir. I didn't mean to step out of line."

"Ah, too late."

"Don't lay a hand on my mum!" he shrieked.

The recovering guard grabbed a syringe out of no where and stabbed Luke's leg, through the fabric of his dark skinny jeans. Pushing a suspicious liquid into his system, I watched one of my mates' eyes rolled to the back of his head as a hideous gurgle left his wide-opened mouth.

Beads of blood dripped from the injection as Luke struggled to stand on his two feet.

I bit my lip in anger and in fear, knowing that if one of us helped him, both the hero and Luke will die.

Zayn and I watched the horror of the drug taking over Luke. It was killing him from the inside. I shook my head in disbelief but couldn't turn away. Hemmings looked at us and smiled, whispering, "I'm glad this is over. I hope Paul will rot in the fiery hell."

After a few minutes of constant struggle and the blood leaking and staining the pants, Luke grinned before falling face first onto the concrete floor. I heard a crack from where his nose was planted on the ground, a shrill leaving Zayn's mouth.

Tears pricked my eyes as we were pushed into another room, which was a bright hall. Toys and equipment lined the walls, leaving me speechless. The burly guards shoved the two of us into another room, which was dark and painted a bloody rose red. Whips and guns and a myriad of other torturous weapons were stored in large glass cabinets.

This man was evil... but just when I thought it was over, Paul sent us a smug smirk.

"Well, this is the torture room, boys, where you will be beaten until my precious Alex comes here in a week. Have fun for the next one hundred and sixty-eight hours."

:~:~:

author's note: hey. so idk about that pic of luke, but just wanted to lighten up the mood. look at that dramatic penguin. love mr. hemmo. ok bye