Chapter Forty-Two

Chapter Forty-Two

:~:~:~:

(HAPPY BIRTHDAY LIAM! I REFUSE TO ACCEPT THE FACT THAT YOU'RE A LEGAL ADULT IN THE US NOPE PSH YOU'RE STILL THAT 16-YEAR OLD WITH THE JUSTIN BIEBER HAIR THAT SANG "CRY ME A RIVER" ON THE X-FACTOR IN 2010 I CAN'T I'M NOT OKAY GAH ASDFGHJKL)

:~:~:~:

Michael's POV 

Watching my sister break down the way she did made me angry in ways that I had never experienced, even towards my mother and the fucking sperm donor.

"Who the fuck are you?" I hissed, clenching my fists open and shut. They were about to plummet his face with showers of my fists. I wanted to kill this bastard right now. "What did you do to my sister?!"

Harry, who was attempting to comfortable Alex, though I didn't think his words got through her panic attack, whirled his head in shock. No one else knew, except for Liam, my mother, and the damned men in this cursed family.

"Sister?" he mouthed, his eyes widened at the word. I slightly nodded, my gaze never leaving the treacherous man still holding the black gun by his side. He was watching Alex like she was the most beautiful girl, and I felt bad for him all of a sudden because he just had a psychotic way of expressing his liking of her.

I ignored Harry and confronted the man about the whole situation, sneakily tapping Zayn on the hip to signal him about calling the police. He hit the first button of the phone from the back of his pants to make sure we caught all of the next words. "You realize that you have killed so many people, tortured so many men that tried to take you down, and ruined alf of those young girls' and women's lives because of this girl rejecting you?"

"Yes," he said, barely above a whisper. His eyes were kept glued on the sobbing girl, but then his jaw hardened as his fingers played with the black weapon.

"Do you love her?"

"I haven't been getting her face out of my head for years!" he screamed, stomping one foot on the ground like a child throwing a tantrum. "I do love her! I regret hurting her, but being in jail for four years then being bailed out by my brother, who is shot dead by Mr. Harry Styles somewhere in Vegas, will change a person! I've recruited your fuckards to get her back to me, but that was never the case! Excuses! Fucking excuses!"

"You don't have to do this," I repeated the very words that I had heard from those dramatic crime shows. "Put the gun down."

"No, no, no," he said loudly, his anger issues getting more evident as his scratchy throat yelled out for Alex to snap out of it. Her chest was irregularly moving up and down as her eyes were shut tight. No sounds left her mouth anymore, but she was still in shock.

Zayn tried to back away from the scene, but the psycho man's bullet caught his shoulder, making him fall onto his knees. I didn't move because I knew that I was going to get shot. I needed to be there for my sister because I hadn't been for all of her life.

"Police!" a man yelled from behind us. My eyes looked out of the corner of my eyes as a hundred policemen surrounded the five of us, including the stuggling Zayn Malik and near-dying Liam Payne. Two men pulled each boy out of the kill circle and into two squad cars that drove away to the nearest hospital. "Put your gun down now, sir! If not, we'll sho-"

A shower of gun shots caused my eyes to grow deaf and ring loudly. I laid down on my stomach and covered my head with my hands, praying to anyone listening to save myself and my sister.

Once the shootout ceased, only half of the policemen stood, confused. Alex, Harry, the old woman, and the insane man disappeared. They separated into the forest, searched the nearby buildings as I laid there in a daze. One man in black came up to me and yelled directions at my face, but all I saw was a blurry face moving its mouth.