Chapter Nine

"They were born, And then they lived and then they died, Seems so unfair, and I want to cry."

- The Smiths, Cemetery Gates

:~:~:

Harry's POV

Everyone was being so depressing today. Rumors spread about two deaths, and I was not really shocked. Death was an inevitable thing, and it just so happened to two lucky people. Some didn't really care for life. I've heard this quote somewhere, "Life is hell, and death is heaven." Or maybe I was just getting really depressed again. I thought I was done with that fucked up phase.

Honestly I couldn't care less about those two deaths.

"Hey guys," my pal said to us smirking evilly. I got chills just by that, but I didn't react because I wanted them to think I was hardcore and shit. After all, I was the leader. "Did you hear about the two official deaths?" We all nodded. Michael stepped in and said, shaking his head solemnly, "Hell yeah. She's fucking traumatized."

"Who?" I asked suspiciously.

"Haha, like you would care," the smirking devil spat. "You almost killed her last time, smacking her around like a fucking punching bag. She's not an object, you douche."

I rolled my eyes. Jesus, it was that bitch's parents? My heart started beating rapidly. No wonder! Was I that dumb? "Look, I was just in a pissy mood."

"Were you PMSing?" my closest friend, Niall, sneered.

My hands formed a fist as I controlled my breathing. I wasn't going to beat the shit out of my brother-like friend. "Shut up. I don't like chicks like her or anyone getting all up in my face."

"Well, you may think she's a chick and all, but I say she's hot," Michael said. He licked his lips seductively. "Do you think I could-"

"No," I snapped. "Don't fucking lay a finger on her."

"Chill man! I was just-"

"Don't fucking joke like that!" I yelled. I felt the anger rushing through my body. Then I calmed down, thinking to myself. Why the hell was I so protective of this girl?

"What's her name anyway?" I tried to play it off cool, even though I knew her name by heart after reading the innumerable certificates hung everywhere on her walls.

Alexandra Haley Parks.

"Alex Parks," Louis, Michael and Liam said at the same time. Goddamn. Their eyes were reflecting guilt, but it quickly washed away after they started laughing and began smoking their joints. The odor filled the alley air, mixing with the sewer shit smell. Why the hell do we hang out here again? And why the fuck were those shits so damn suspicious?

"Well, I say, let's play a game," Calum chirped, running his hand through his black hair. "Let's see... 'Spin the Bottle'?"

We all shook our heads in disgust.

"'Truth or Dare'?"

A few death threats aroused.

"Ooh, I know. Let's make a bet."

:~:~:

Alex's POV

I've been sitting on the cold hard ground for the past three hours. My body was numb from the lack of movement. I felt my legs tingling painfully, but I chose to ignore it because... the hurt that I was experiencing... was the worst of the worst.

To think my parents were dead.

I remembered asking the two men how they died and what evidence they had.

Their bodies were tossed near the banks of the P.K. River, the one place where I hung out the most, besides school, home, and Beans and Teas. Now that river was damned with the curse of death and blood and anger.

Mostly fear.

Did my parents fight back? What happened? Did they do something?

To come to think about it, I never really understood their occupations. I knew they worked in an office, or that was what they continuously told me every time Career Day came along. They never set foot in any schools or public buildings, except for their "work."

Something stirred outside in the bushes. I honestly didn't care. I figured it was a bird or some dumb animal. I stared at the bush from my uncomfortable place, and eventually, it stopped rustling. This house was damned like this town. I had to leave.

Something sparked inside of me. Yes! That was the answer! I was just going to leave. That could solve all of my problems regarding the people, school, and everything.

I ran into my room and started to pack before I realized what kind of fool I was.

My parents were murdered in this place.

I needed to find out what happened to them. Most importantly, who did it?

(A/N Hiiiii. PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT AND STUFF. I LOVE YOUR FEED BACKS. Also, if you want a shout out or anything, including dedications, just comment below! I'll try to give some of y'all that. OK, byeee. )

- A n n i e x x

Copyrights © 2014