Chapter Turdy-Eight

Chapter Turdy-Eight 

Alex's POV 

"What are you doing back?" Liam asked me when I walked back to the car. "It's only been two days..."

"Yeah, my 'parents' and I had a talk," I replied, putting up air quotes around parents. I couldn't believe they lied to me about this all of my life, but they never told me about my real birth parents. What was there to hide?

"About what?"

"Don't play innocent with me," I snapped. "You are so ridiculous! What is your purpose on this quest?"

"I-I.. you know I feel bad about this whole thing!" he yelled at me, his cheeks reddening in anger. "You are annoying, you know. No wonder Harry-"

"Harry?" My head leaned into his face, and I cupped Liam's face in my hands. "Where is he?"

I watched his eyes peer around uncomfortably.

But oh, my God. I was a horrible friend. I never told him I really liked him. I probably would never see him again! Where was he? Was Harry okay? The last time I saw him was before he went to the bathroom to shower!

I placed my hands by my sides then started holding my head and screaming. I was going crazy! I was kidnapped by Liam, and... wait. It was just Liam.

I didn't look back before I started running in the opposite direction of him and his black car. My feet carried me through the abandoned parking lot, the small grey asphalt making it easier to escape. I hadn't ran in a long time, so I quickly grew tired; my breath hitched, and my lungs were pushing against each other as my ribs felt constricted. My head started get light as I reached the edge of a scarce forest. I couldn't hide because the leaves were gone, all of it.

It was almost winter for Pete's sake!

"I see you, Alex!" the faint British voice echoed from behind me at a distance. I shook my head and kept going until I crashed into a tree trunk.

The bark that was jutting out roughly scratched my nose, cheeks, and forehead. I was so lucky it didn't claw my eyeballs out.

I groaned in pain and held my bleeding face.

"Psst."

My head looked up and around the forests. The floor was covered in twigs and dead, dried leaves.

"Psst."

I bit my trembling lip and started to cry silently. Someone was out there.

"Alex."

I decided to take the risk and walked slowly and cautiously towards the voice. The first thing I noticed was the brilliant blonde, spiky hair.

"Oh, my God! It's you!" I didn't care anymore that he was in the same gang as Liam and Harry, but I ran up and threw myself around his neck. "Oh, my God."

"You don't even know who I am, do you?" the boy chuckled. His arms had fresh wounds and cuts that were open, but the blood dried to a dark maroon shade. The sight of all the red stain all over his ripped white wife-beater made me feel nauseous.

"No, and I don't care quite frankly," I shrugged. "What happened to you?"

"Eh, got a few scrapes, but I'm alive," the blond smiled warily. Then his eyes widened as he examined me.

I crossed my arms across my chest and pouted. "Stop that."

"You're Alex Parks, aren't you?"

"What... you're not going to kidnap me, too, right?"

"What do you mean, 'too'?" he asked, clearly shocked. "You escaped the building?"

"What building? Why does everyone keep talking about this?"

"Who did it? Tell me," he yelled at me angrily.

"L-Liam," I blurted uneasily. I didn't know how to react to this gangster being angry. Did he have problems?

"Liam Payne... more like a pain in the ass," he mumbled, running his bloody hand through his bright hair, leaving red marks through the field. "Don't trust him. He's crazy."

I nodded slightly. "I just ran away from him."

"Smh. All you need to know is to stay away from him. Where's Harry?"

"Harry?" I shrugged. "I don't know."

"Oh, my God," another voice rang from the left. Black hair gelled upward came into sight. I was almost in awe at that beautiful, handsome face that came into view. His strong, chiseled jaw was sharp; his chocolatey eyes reminded me of Liam's, except it was darker in this case, making me feel targeted. His pink lips had cuts, but even with those flaws, he seemed too perfect to be human. "I see Styles over there! Oh, my God."

My feet was on its own, running towards the clearing before I could think. My mouth seemed to have its own mind as well. I felt like a fangirl meeting her idol for the first time ever. Tears fell out of my eyes as I wrapped my shaky arms around his neck. His smell intoxicated my brain, making me even more delirious.

"Harry," I whispered into his ear. The strange thing was... he wasn't hugging me back.

I reluctantly let go of him and took a step back.

His eyes were hard and stone cold on something behind me. I turned around and saw Liam crying with a black weapon in his hand.

"I didn't want to do this, Styles," he said quietly. The gun was aimed at the two of us, my eyes widening in fear.

"What the-" the epitome of perfection rushed to our side. "Liam."

"Welcome to the party."

"What the-" the blondie came into sight again. He groaned and smiled evilly. "Oh, howdy Liam."

"Shut up and stand by Styles."

I couldn't believe I was ever in the sight of this psycho. What was his motive? Money? A wish?

"Liam, you don't have to do this," I said loudly, which wasn't necessary, but I couldn't control my emotions now. I had mixed emotions on seeing the sweetheart of the PK High holding a gun pointing directly at his friends of years and years. "Please put the gun down."

"No, no, keep going," a strange older man's voice said pleasantly from behind us. "This is just getting started."

A whole squad of armed men stood in a semi-circle aroud the four of us.

"Paul," Harry smirked. "How are you?"

"I've been better," he replied with an easy smile. His eyes paused at each and every person, but the contact stayed on me the longest. "Wow. Look at this beautiful girl. I almost didn't recognize you. How are you, my dear?"

"'My dear'?" I scoffed. "Who are you to call me-"

"Shut up, Alex," Harry nudged my ribs. It hurt, but I ignored him and continued yelling.

"What kind of psycho are you to kill people and do these things and ruin everyone's lives? You are a crazy, fucked up person!" I screeched. "All of these innocents that you've corrupted for money or whatever your goal is. I don't even think this is even humanly evil! You're a devil."

"You should have some respect for the man who created you."

My heart halted, and I stopped breathing. What did he just say?

"Alex, I hate to break it to you, but... Alexandra Parks, I am your father."