Chapter Thirteen

"You're all I want. So much, it's hurting."

- One Direction, Something Great

:~:~:

Alex's POV

After a couple of hours of packing my clothes and essentials, I left the house with my purse, bags, and suitcases, along with the kitchen supplies of pots, pans, silverware, plates, and knives. I kept one small knife in my purse for defense. I couldn't risk us getting hurt.

"Are you ready, sweetheart?" my aunt asked me nicely, but I still cringed whenever anyone called me that. "Do you have everything?"

I nodded. "Yes, Aunt..."

"Oh, haha, my name is Gretchen Clifford," she replied, smiling widely, "but you can call me Aunt Gretchen."

"So where's your husband?" I asked without hesitation, but when it slipped out of my mouth, I instantly regretted it. Her face hardened with her jaws clenched, and her lips pulled to a line.

"Let's not talk about that bastard," she snapped. "He left me for another girl when I was pregnant with y... with my child."

"Oh," I said nodding. A lot of my "friends" had their father bail on them, so I understood some pain. Mine also just got murdered so... "I'm so sorry, Aunt Gretchen."

She grabbed my suitcases and threw them in the trunk, which was surprisingly huge if it could handle three huge cases and a duffel bag. "It's okay, Alex. Just drop it."

"So why isn't your last name, 'Parks?'" I asked when we were locked in the car.

She turned to me, her face relaxing but still tense. "I'm still with that fool."

"Why?" I mean, I had some rights to ask her personal questions, so I could make sure she wasn't going to kidnap me or something.

"I don't know. I can't say that I love him, but... I have no choice," she said then turned on the radio. Instead of music, it was on the news channel. That couldn't be good.

"Another break in has happened. Next, we will discuss the murder of-"

I slapped the off button and started crying. Why couldn't people just stop talking about that?

:~:~:

Harry's POV

I couldn't believe he killed Alex's parents.

"What the fuck, man?" I screamed in his wasted face. As hard as I tried to resist punching him, I couldn't hold it back anymore. I swung a punch at his gut, and he leaned forward in pain. It made me feel so powerful. "You little fucker!" My fist crunched his nose, his neck snapping backwards.

"You're so stupid!" I yelled. Then I threw a beer bottle at his arm and stormed out.

As I ran out, I saw a black car with darkly tinted windows zoom by. I read the license plate and blinked in disbelief.

Michael's mom was in town?

I wiped the blood off of my hands and ran in the direction of the car. It was going to Alex's house. I knew it. That was the main house at the end of the road.

Why was she going there?

I hopped in my old cheap used Prius and raced after them. The car turned left and kept driving, so I continued to follow it. She certainly was going in the opposite of Alex's house now. Was she leaving already? I didn't remember her stopping by for a visit.

She always visited me.

I checked my gas gauge, which was on full.

The car crossed the city border. I was suddenly glad that I kept a spare change of clothes in the trunk. I tried to not make it too obvious that I was following her, so I allowed an SUV cut in front of me.

After it turned, I changed lanes to one beside her and sped to catch up.

I gasped. She wasn't alone.

Alex?

(A/N Hiiiii. PLEASE REMEMBER THAT THESE CHARACTERS ARE COMPLETELY MADE UP, PERSONALITY WISE. I AM USING THE MEMBERS OF ONE DIRECTION AND 5 SECONDS OF SUMMER, BUT THE ACTUAL PEOPLE HAVE NO CONTRIBUTION WITH THIS BOOK. NOTHING ABOUT THE NINE SEXY BOYS ARE GOING TO BE INCLUDED IN THIS BOOK.

SOME IDEAS FROM OTHER BOOKS AND MOVIES MAY HAVE BEEN INCORPORATED INTO THIS STORY BUT WITH A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT STORY AND PLOT, JUST SIMILAR BASE. I AM THROWING PLOT TWISTS HERE AND THERE, SO PLEASE DON'T SAY I COPIED BECAUSE I WOULD NEVER.

THANKS SO MUCH FOR WASTING TIME TO READ THIS RANT. I JUST WANT TO INFORM YOU ALL THAT MY WRITING IS MY OWN CHOICE, WORDS, AND IDEAS, EVERYTHING. THANKS AGAIN FOR READING MY FANFIC. OVER TWO HUNDRED READS AND OVER SIXTY VOTES IN LESS THAN FOUR DAYS.

I AM SO PROUD AND THANK YOU, YOU SEXY MOFOS*)

- A n n i e x x

(*IMAGINE THAT IN NIALL'S VOICE)

Copyrights © 2014