Chapter Ten

"There's a muddy field where a garden was."

- Bright Eyes, Poison Oak

:~:~:

Unknown's POV

The thrill of killing those two bastards was fulfilling. The married couple has been chasing me for a while now, and I was too damn tired of hiding. Killing them was my best and only option.

I wiped the blood on my hands on a random sleeping homeless person's jacket and threw it back. The gun was thrown in the river, the water washing it from my DNA fingerprints and hair and whatever the fuck the police were looking for.

I swung the door of a run down motel open, being greeted by the same intoxicating smell of pot and cigarette smoke. The air was hazy and dirty, but I liked it. I threw myself on the old messed up couch and cracked open a beer, taking swigs every five seconds or so. I felt the burn of the alcohol coating my throat and mouth.

I groaned in pleasure. That was wonderful. It was a great, fucking beautiful day.

:~:~:

Alex's POV

I took out a note pad and began to form the clues together. It wasn't too hard. I knew that they were shot. At least that was what the two policemen told me.

They wouldn't lie to me about that, right?

It felt weird being alone in this big house. It was as if someone was in my house but couldn't be noticed because of the giant rooms and large spaces. After jotting down some notes, I was hungry.

I decided to ride my bike over to Beans and Teas. Maybe Liam was working there or something.

I really needed a friend right now. He was all I wanted...

:~:~:

Harry's POV

I stood there awkwardly knocking on the red wooden door. I wasn't used to this manner. I was used to just barging in and shouting threats to innocent victims.

"What are you doing here?" Alex snapped after opening the door just a crack.

"Nice greeting," I smirked. She looked really sad. Michael was right. My pulse was rushing, and my brain was functioning much properly now that I thought of it. How did Michael know that she was traumatized? Maybe he -

"Yeah, whatever," she said, clearly not amused.

I put my hand on the door, and with some force, pushed the door a little more until it was enough to fit my body through.

She looked defenseless. Just how I liked my girls.

"W-what are you doing?" she yelled, but I heard her voice crack.

"I'm not going to hurt you. I just wanted to check up on you," I shrugged. I honestly didn't know myself. I just showed up here and wanted to come in, instead of standing outside like an idiot.

"Why? What... what have you heard?" Her voice was small but clear.

"I feel really sor- I feel bad for you," I said sympathetically. I stopped myself from apologizing. I didn't apologize to anyone.

But I knew how she felt. I opened my arms and tried to comfort her, but she pushed me away. Her normally beautiful and lively brown eyes were now dull and just... dead.

"My parents are dead," she said like I didn't know. "My parents were murdered. Slaughtered. Viciously assaulted. Attack-"

"I get it, Alex," I said calmly. She was getting on my nerves.

"I don't feel anything from you, and I care less about your opinion," she snapped then stomped off to her room like a sad little spoiled baby. Except she was sad and little and spoiled and definitely was a baby.

"I came over here to help you," I said sheepishly.

Alex's head whirled around. She narrowed her eyes cautiously. "What do you mean, 'help?'"

"I want to help you find the killer."

She looked away. I could tell that the word pained her, but she has to face her fears and demons instead of running. Just by looking at her vulnerable self, I knew she was weak and was used to running away. She wasn't strong. She was weak.

"I don't need your help!" she yelled. Was she bipolar or what?

"What do you mean?" I said, my voice rising. "Don't you want to find out who, 'murdered, slaughtered, viciously assaulted-'"

"Shut up! Stop mocking me," she said angrily. Then she started crying.

I've never dealt with an emotional teenage girl. I awkwardly put my arm around her shoulder and brought her closer.

"Y-you're just pitying me," she said between sobs. "I'm such an idiot."

"You're not an idiot," I breathed. She was so unattractive when she cried. But there was something about her that made her different than the others.

"Yes, I am. I should've done something earlier. I thought that they would be okay."

"I couldn't blame you," I shrugged. "You're not an idiot, trust me."

"Why would you say that?"

"Because an idiot wouldn't make all A's in all of her AP and Honors classes," I stated, recalling her achievements that were displayed on her bedroom walls.

What I meant to say was, 'Because an idiot would open the door without looking first, being alone in a house, for a goddamn stranger,' so, yes, she was an idiot, but I couldn't say that now. Why not? I usually had no filter, even around crying whores.

I saw her smile a little. It was like a ray of sunshine in the dark abyss of an ocean trench.

My heart skipped a beat when she wrapped her arms around my waist to bring me closer.

I actually wanted to stay like this forever.

Just me and Alex.

(A/N Hiiiii. Don't be a ghost, so VOTE and COMMENT BELOW. Ilysm )

- A n n i e x x

Copyrights © 2014