Chapter Twenty-One

"One way or another, I'm gonna find ya, I'm gonna getcha, getcha, getcha, getcha..."

- Blondie, One Way or Another (OR the One Direction cover ;)

:~:~:

Harry's POV

I watched her face twist in disgust and pain, and I knew that she was going to throw up, yet I didn't move.

My reactions were too slow, and I was most vulnerable when I was tipsy. I wasn't drunk because I could still think somewhat straight and I wasn't doing stuff that I would regret in the morning during my hangover.

A discreet smell followed by wretched groans and some splattering sounds interrupted my thoughts.

Immediately I said curtly, "I'll go get someone to clean it."

But Alex didn't reply. Instead she laid on her bed, breathing in and out deeply. Tears stained her face as she clutched her stomach.

I walked over to the door, stumbling part of the way, and swung it open.

"Excuse me!" I exclaimed. A young man in a hotel uniform turned around with a lop-sided smile.

"What can I do for you, sir?"

"My friend just threw up on your floor," I replied, annoyed at his perky tone and happy face. Oh, yeah, I was definitely about to relapse back into my depressed phase. "Go clean it up. Room with a wide opened door."

He nodded, not meeting my eyes. The man, Josh, walked past me with a bucket of cleaning supplies.

I then heard a bunch of excited screams, so I made my way to the casino, ready to steal.

:~:~:

Josh's POV

The rude young man made his way to the casino as I walked towards the room with an open door. I pressed my emergency button to notify my back up then stood in the doorway.

"Room service," I said softly, knocking on the door.

No reply. Instead a young lady was sleeping on the red bed.

I set the supply box down next to her mess, but the whole time, my eyes were glued on her face.

She was beautiful. She was definitely younger than me by a couple of years because she had an innocent face that still had some baby fat.

Her eyes fluttered open after I watched her lips part to breathe. It was peaceful.

"Who are you?" her voice rang, breaking the silence. It was sweet and sappy like honey.

"Room service."

She raised an eyebrow questioning my answer.

"Erm, my name's Josh," I corrected myself.

"Nice name. I'm Alex," she said smiling weakly. She tried to sit up but failed to. I caught her before she fell. Her eyes widened as I realized where I held her. My hands were tightly gripping her petite waist.

"Oh, God," I muttered, hesitating to let her go. "Sorry, ma'am."

"It's Alex," she groaned.

I apologized again then started to clean the carpet. After disposing the paper towels and spraying Febreeze in that area, I washed my hands in her - oh, um, their - bathroom.

"So have you worked here long?" Alex asked me curiously. I gave her a glass of water to rinse her mouth and ease her stomach.

My heart started beating faster. No one really cared about me and my job. It was mostly the rich, stuck-up people that came and stayed at the hotel.

Quick, lie to her!

"I have been working here for... a while," I started. "It's a... good job, well, um part time kind of job..."

Her reaction to my lies seemed... amused.

I was ashamed of myself. Why was I stuttering and making a fool of myself? I should be one of the best liars ever.

Maybe it was her.

"Wow, Josh, that sounds... interesting," she said, dragging out the last two syllables in "interesting".

I nodded.

"You seem shy," she stated.

"No, actually, I'm quite the opposite. I am very... hyper and weird most of the time."

"Really? So am I!" she cheered.

I smiled as we continued talking about the difference and similarities between our personalities.

Turned out she was so perfect for me.

Too bad Alex has a boyfriend.

"I don't, actually," I heard her say.

Shit! Did I say that outloud?

She laughed. "Yes, you did."

"Sorry, Alex," I said carefully. Her name rolled off of my tongue smoothly.

"No problem," she shrugged.

"You must get that a lot," I stated, feeling my chances with Alex decreasing. She was gorgeous and cute. I bet every guy in her... wait, does she still go to school?

"Nah. I'm not pretty or popular," she shrugged again, but I sensed some hurt in her voice.

"No, Alex," I heard myself say. "You are pretty, and you don't have to be popular to be beautiful. Those guys don't know what they're missing. Your personality is real, not fake like the superficial girls these days."

I saw a sweep of pink tint her neck, cheeks, and the tips of her ears. My stomach did a flip. She was blushing!

"I gotta go change this stupid bandage," she said, her voice cracking. "It's beginning to be itchy again."

I looked down and noticed a dirty white bandage wrapped around one of her thighs but didn't think much of it.

I watched her make her way to the bathroom, closing the door behind her.

Then I heard the familiar ear screeching sound from my emergency phone. I grabbed the ear buds from it and inserted them into my ears, getting up and away from Alex. I stepped into the halls, closing the door, and whispered into the speaker, "Ready?"

"Are you sure it's Styles, sir?" one of my men repeated. The last time it was a false alarm that costed a couple of men's lives and thousands of dollars. It wasn't my fault that that man looked so similar to that disruptive criminal.

"Yes, I know that drunk ass anywhere," I hissed.

"Not that last time, Mr. Devine," he muttered to himself, but I still heard it.

I decided to ignore that snide remark and convinced him to bring just ten men, even though he recommended at least twenty five. I reassured him that he came alone... and with Alex, but she seemed harmless.

It was just one man. It would be easy to take him down, especially with him in that state.

(A/N Hiiiii. Sorry I updated so late. I was busy. I'll update again tomorrow. THANKS SO MUCH FOR THE 5.5K READS AND 300+ VOTES!! LOVE YOU GUYS SO MUCH!! Continue to COMMENT and VOTE for your favorite chapters! Ilysm )

-A n n i e x x

Copyrights © 2014