Chapter Seventeen

"You're my downfall, you're my muse... My worst distraction, my rhythm and blues..."

- John Legend, All of Me

:~:~:

Harry's POV

"Harry?" Alex's voice rang in my head.

"Hmm?" I said absentmindedly. There was traffic ahead with so many slow cars around us. Honking sounds echoed in the diatance, making my temper fluctuate.

"Why do you always have perfect timing?" she said softly.

"What do you mean, Alex?" I glanced at her from the corner of my eyes. She had her head resting on the window, her body leaning away from me. That made me annoyed, but maybe she was just tired?

"You have perfect timing all of the time," she started. "You always come to my rescue like... like-"

"A hero?" I finished for her. I smirked then added cockily, "I get that a lot."

"Oh really? Do you now?" she said surprised.

I laughed quietly. "Actually, I don't. You're my first." I watched her nod in agreement. "Did you just agree? You don't think I'm smooth with the ladies? I am pretty handsome if I do say so myself."

"Really now?"

"Don't you think I am quite the killer?" Immediately, I regretted my choice of words. Damn, she must be terrified of me. "I meant, don't you think I am stunning? Perfect? I've been called that so many times, it's quite amusing."

Her shoulders slumped and her mouth let out the breath. "You must be quite a player to be so damn cocky like that, Henry."

Henry? How the hell did she know my name?

I swerved the car over to the left to the emergency lane and yelled, "What did you just call me?"

"Why?" she yelled back. "You think I wouldn't have known? That woman was asking about some Henry guy! I thought about it earlier and knew it was you. You knew it was about that money! I am not wrong about this. I know for sure because you're clearly pissed at me!"

"What the fuck Alex?" I screamed. I punched the horn on the wheel. "Why didn't you tell me?"

"I don't know! I was scared to death. Speaking of death, I almost died-"

"If it weren't for me to save your stupid ass as always!" I argued and sighed angrily. I closed my eyes, thinking for a brief second. Should I trust her with that classified information on how she knew my real last name? Maybe I should... "Maybe you should be thankful for me! You never thanked me or anything. You must hate me. Also, don't ever fucking dare call me 'Henry' again, do you understand?"

To my surprise, she just nodded obediently. "Sorry, Harry. And thank you."

Whoa, she just thanked me. I mentally shook my head. She just listened to me. No big deal. "Okay."

"Okay," she repeated.

I stepped on the gas and pulled the car back onto the main road. She was so obedient. Why wasn't she like that all of the damn time? I thought she was only a stubborn girl.

Her small hand reached over and pressed a button on my old radio.

"It's broken," I said simply.

She nodded again and leaned against the window again. I couldn't control myself because I wanted to touch her face. Instead, I rested one hand on her bandaged thigh.

"Sleep well, Alexandra," I whispered. She didn't reply. She slept really quick.

I smirked, thinking, That was good information to know.

:~:~:

Gretchen's POV

Later that night, Michael came stumbling through the front door with alcohol and the smell of weed trailing behind him.

"Where have you been? I told you to come home right after work," I snapped. That ignorant son just walked away from me, avoiding eye contact to me.

"Michael Clifford!" I yelled. "Come back here!"

"What the hell do you want, Mom?" he yelled, whirling around. His face was red and puffy with some red scratches on his face and arms.

"Honey... what's this?"

"Nothing," he spat. "Just leave me the fuck alone."

"Language, Mikey," I said softly. Michael's eyes hardened and darkened for a second before tearing up. He ran into my open arms, and I wrapped him tightly. "What's wrong, baby?"

"Shit!" he yelled in to my shoulder. "I fucked up big time!"

I started tearing up. "What did you... do?"

Michael released me and glanced at me before walking away. "Ask Dad."

With that, he ran in to his room and slammed it. I heard a quiet lock on it. Of course I have to ask him.

"Paul!"

(A/N Hiiiii. Sorry I haven't updated too often. I've been busy and have been reading a lot of books because I love it. HAS EVERYONE HEARD THE NEWS ABOUT "AFTER" BEING TURNED INTO A FRICKING MOVIE?! Comment BELOW what you think and if you read it. Congrats Anna! Ilysm Also, please continue to read and vote. I love 5SOS so much, not as much as the boys of course. I love every member a lot. I have nothing against Michael, but he looks more punk rock than the others ;) I love them and am proud of the 1D boys for the WWAT. OMFG I WATCHED THE WHOLE CONCERT VIA VINES hahahaha. NIALL TOUCHED HIS DICK I HAD TO SAY THAT. Okay, thanks for reading this long Author's Note! Again, ilysm )

- A n n i e x x

Copyrights © 2014