Chapter Forty-One

Chapter Forty-One 

(Like I said in the previous chapter, DO NOT READ THIS IF YOU ARE NOT 100% SURE OR IF YOU HAVE BEEN THROUGH A TRAMATIC. YOU WILL NOT MISS ANYTHING, EXCEPT THE BACK-UP STORY OF ALEX'S PAST, WHICH WON'T BE DESCRIBED IN THE NEXT CHAPTERS! Please read at your own discretion!)

:~:~:~:

"Hey there," a masculine voice said politely from behind me. I uncovered my eyes, which were red and puffy from crying. The wind blew on my face, drying the salty water, but the stranger crouched down next to me and used his thumb to wipe them gently away.

The horrifying thing was I let him touch my face. I didn't even let my mom and dad touch it, let alone a stranger, but something about the sweet, innocent, and pure look in his light, hazel eyes persuaded my heart over mind and conscience.

The tree that I was resting my back against had another guest accompanying it as the man sat down next to me on the green grass.

"What is a beautiful girl doing here all alone?" he whispered, the honey in his voice riding on the wind like a song. "It's not safe here."

"I ran away because... my dad was angry at me," I bit my lip nervously. Why was I telling him this?

"You can't just run away because he was angry at you, sweetheart," the man, who didn't look more than five years older than me, smiled at me like I was a little kid. I kind of was. I mean, I'm fifteen for Pete's sake.

"I know," I mumbled, resting my chin on the palms of my hands, my elbows digging into my knnes.

We sat there, listening to the birds' songs and the wind, but all of a sudden, the song was gone. The wind sped up, howling in my ears. That was never good.

I felt a warm hand wrap around my arm, yanking my body up like a fruit being picked from its tree. The feeling of wet drops falling on my hair and body, showers of rain pelting the two of us, made me feel cold.

I sneezed and started telling him that I should get home, but he interrupted me with a charming yet sensitive, trusting smile.

"I know that we only met," he said a bit louder over the roar and rain, "but my house is only across the street from this park."

I was stupid and knew it... but I said yes.

:~:~:~:

"Thanks so much for all of this," I smiled into the cup of tea.

"I have a shirt and some loose shorts for you to change into in my room," he said, washing the pile of dishes that was left in the sink when we arrived at his home. "You're soaked."

I giggled and thanked him, waddling to his room. One whiff and I knew that it smelled safe and comforting. I locked the bedroom door and double-, triple-, and quadruple-checked the lock, making sure there was no way anyone could get in.

I pulled my wet t-shirt over my head and threw it on the floor. Before I could put the plain grey shirt that was left on his bed, the door swung open like it was ajar the whole time.

Oh, my God, I thought to myself, grabbing his comforting and wrapping it around me. "How-" Then i remembered. It was his room after all. Why would he not have a key to his own room?

I tried to laugh it off as a joke, but the darkness in his eyes told me to shut up.

"Take that off," the man said behind gritted teeth.

"What? No!" I frowned.

"Take it off, you slut," he growled, striding large steps towards me. I backed up quickly, wishing that I could be anywhere, but there. My clumsy foot slipped on the long blanket, my butt landing on the no-longer soft carpet.

The man grabbed my wrist and practically threw me on the bed without any efforts. Because of that, and I should've known about his strength since he pulled me off of my butt at the park, I was terrified of what other powers he could possess.

The blanket was immediately stripped off of my body, and he leaped onto me, his eyes taking in my plain white bra. The large hands of his pushed my hands above my head, and I was completely pinned down like a voodoo doll with a thousand needles in it.

"Please!" i screamed, fighting his grasp. "Don't!"

"Stupid, little slut," he growled, licking my chest, and I screamed even more as his dirty lips moved one cup up, revealing my exposed self.

I felt so nasty, violated, disgusting, horrible... Tears kept falling, more than I had ever shed before, as he kept touching me.

I finally managed to get one leg out of his reach and kneed him hard in the groin, over and over until he released me. My fist swung at his jaw, feeling the bone crack against my already-white knuckles.

I never was one for violence, but in this case, it was necessary. I memorized his face for the police and rushed out of the room, grabbing my wet shirt and throwing it on me.

I left the damned house and never looked back, my heart beating out of my chest. I couldn't help but repeat the whole thing in my head like a movie scene. The way his eyes were full of hate and anger and want, almost an evil version of lust, only it wasn't just that. My body shook as the rain cut my skin, making the pain even more unbearable.

I was stupid, stupid, stupid. I was too trusting. I was now scarred and terrified of everything.

So when a pair of arms wrapped around my shoulders, I screamed and ran like a maniac, but who would ever, ever, ever blame me?

"Shh, sweetheart, sweetheart," the familiar and wonderful voice hushed me.

"Daddy!"

"Alex," my dad grinned, pulling me into a tight hug.

"What are you doing out here in the rain?" i yelled over the storm.

"I've been looking for you, baby," he cried, squeezing me tighter. "Please don't do that again. I love you, I love you, I love you."

"I love you too, Daddy," I sobbed into his chest, "but please do me a favor."

"Anything."

"Don't call me, 'sweetheart', ever again.