Chapter Five

"Conceal, don't feel. Don't let them know."

- Idina Menzel/Demi Lovato, Let It Go

:~:~:

Alex's POV

I woke up with the sun blinding on my eyes. Did I forget to shut my blinds? Was I stupid or what? My room was on the first floor, facing the busy street.

Nothing in my room was touched. The door was still locked. Everything was in place.

Did my parents even come home last night?

I walked over to my backpack, which was lying by my desk. I found my phone in the front pocket to check the time and to see if there were any missed calls or texts.

No texts, no missed calls, no notifications. Then I looked at the time: 10:45 A.M. I almost darted to my closet to throw on clothes, but instead I slumped back on my bed. I already missed half the day. Why go? I could just skip.

I laid back down on my bed, wrapping my blanket around my body. What happened yesterday? So many questions were scattered around my mind.

Why did my parents leave me? Where were they? Were they okay? Who was he? Why did Liam leave me? Why did he hit me? Why did I go down the alley? Why was I so stupid and nosy, like he said?

:~:~:

After an hour or so of just being lazy and watching T.V., I went out of my room to make breakfast. I saw that nothing was moved or touched. The A/C was still on the usual 70 degrees that I set to before I went to bed. If my mother was home, she would have set it to exactly 75 degrees, a.k.a. the "perfect temperature", but if my father was home, the house would be a fricking 55 degrees because he was cheap.

I decided to get out of the house. I needed to do something. Maybe I could go to work and earn extra... or... I could go to the mall.

I smiled at the second choice and floated back to my room, swinging the door open.

"You!" I shrieked. "How did you find me?!"

The green-eyed monster sat casually on my bed and just shrugged.

"Get out! I never want to see you again! I thought you didn't want to see me either, you fricking stalker!"

"Calm down!" he yelled back. He stood up. He had to be at least six feet tall. I was only five foot two. I was a little startled by his height, and he noticed, slowly walking towards me. I turned around the darted towards the kitchen then grabbed a knife.

"You better get out of here!" I yelled. No reply. "Go away!" Still nothing. I felt like I was talking to myself. "Are you gone?!"

"No," he said lazily, walking out of my room. He looked at me then smirked at the knife. "Whatcha doing with that knife, babe?"

My hands were shaking. "Just go away!"

He came closer. "A girl like you don't scared me. In fact, you don't scare anyone."

I bit my bottom lip and chewed on it nervously. He was dangerously close.

"Just put it down, babe," he said calmly.

"Don't call me babe, you monster!" I yelled at him, pissed that he was still moving towards me. He thought his bad boy act could fool me. No way. "You're a coward who loves to stalk girls!"

"A coward, you say? I still recall you crying and practically begging for Liam yesterday," he smirked. "Who's the coward now, babe?"

I tried to run, but I swore my feet were glued to the marble floor. I put the knife in the sink like he wanted me to.

"Just... stop, please," I sighed. "I'm done with being scared. I'm done with being pushed around. I'm done with being bullied."

In a blink of an eye, we were face to face.

His eyes changed. The usual dark emerald transitioned to a more bright lime green. His tensed shoulders relaxed. His frown and furrowed brows became neutral.

He was surprised as much as myself, of me lowering my walls so quickly and to a complete stranger, who broke into my house and smacked the daylights out of me.

"Look. We got off on the wrong foot," his surprisingly deep voice said calmly.

My heart was racing. "Yeah."

At that moment, I heard four knocks on the front door.

Harry looked at me and then ran towards the back door.

"Where are you going?" I called out to him, running as well, but Harry was faster.

He reached the door and darted out of my house and out of my sight by climbing over the fence.

It all happened so quickly. In a blink of an eye, he was... gone.

My body felt numb. Was my mind playing tricks on me? No way was he really in my room. No way.

I closed the door and ran to the continuous knocking. I swung it open.

"Erm, hi Alex."

(A/N Hiiiii. Please tell everybody you know about this book! Haha, just guess who the nine boys were ;) I'm sure most of my readers already knew. Vote and comment Ilysm P.S. How do you think Harry found her? P.P.S. Can any of y'all guess where Alex's parents are and why they didn't return?)

- A n n i e x x

Copyrights © 2014