Chapter Forty-Six, Part Three

Alex's POV 

I wiped my tears on the back of my hands. I pushed myself up on my feet and walked out, arriving at the front desk. The same friendly nurse from before was sitting at the same place, typing away on her ancient desktop computer. A sympathetic smile had spread on her pretty face as she asked me tenderly, "Do you need something, sweetie?"

"D-Did my aunt, Gretchen Clifford, receive my note? What about my... friend, Phoebe I-don't-know-her-last-name?" I stuttered as my hands kept wiping my face until it was overly dry. 

"Yes, both women are conscious, in case you're wondering," the nurse said kindly. "They're still in their rooms. Visiting hours are open until six in the evening."

"Thank you so much," I said gratefully as I rushed down the hall. I visited my aunt first, knocking lightly on the door. Her crackly voice was louder than my heart's beating pulses against my ears.

"Hi, Aunt Gretchen," I sobbed as I ran over to her side. She was hooked up to all kinds of machines with her heart rate machine beeping rhythmically. "I missed you so much. How are you feeling?"

"I'm okay, I think," she chuckled. "How are you, my love?"

"I don't know," I shrugged with a deep frown. "I think I just lost my love, and I wanted to just say good bye."

"What? What are you talking about?" My aunt became alarmed, setting the machine into overdrive with abnormal pulses. "You better not be going after him! You'll be risking-"

"Don't worry," I said with my finger pushing the red emergency button on her bed side.

"What are you doing?" she exclaimed at me whilst wriggling herself out of the equipment and wires.

A wave of nurses rushed into the room and held her back. One man who was holding the clear syringe inserted it into her arm. The tears fell out of my eyes as I said as calmly as I could at that moment, "Make sure she reads the letter once she wakes back up! Take care of her please!"

I turned away from the commotion and went across the hall to Phoebe's room. She was lying peacefully on her hospital bed. Her eyes were closed as she slept, but I could read through the poker face. Her right leg was positioned upward at a forty-five degree angle, and her neck was in a large, white cast. Her arm had a couple of thick needles under her pale skin. Phoebe also seemed to have injured her back as it was wrapped and supported under and over her thin clothes.

I didn't want to disturb her as I positioned my letter to her in a place where she couldn't possibly miss and left the room with a sigh.

Good-bye.

I hurried through the slightly busy lobby and turned the corner, exiting the building. I ran through the full parking lot. Looking for a car that was on without a driver, I found one, which was in a decent condition. I looked through the glass without drawing too much attention to myself then pulled the door handle open, cliimbing in quickly. I hadn't driven much since I had received my official license, but now was the final test. I shifted the car into Drive and stepped on the gas.

I'm going to find you, Harry, even if that's the last thing I do. 

*~*~*

Harry's POV 

Hearing the way Alex screamed my name made my heart crack into a million pieces, but my anger killed and silenced my soft side. So this fucking fucker wanted to kill me and my Alex? Well he would have to kill me first before laying a disgusting finger on the love of my life.