Chapter Nineteen

"I never would mistreat ya, oh I'm not a criminal..."

- One Direction, Diana

:~:~:

Alex's POV

I rolled my eyes as I listened to Harry's never ending stories. He thought he came up with good jokes? Ha ha, nope. He thought he was quite the comedian, but it was torture.

"So I said, 'Suck my dick, oh wait, you did because you're a whore!'," Harry said between laughs. I rolled my eyes and let out a groan. He placed a hand on my right thigh and squeezed it gently. "Wasn't that a great story?"

"Oh well... if you want me to be honest..."

"Never mind," he said grinning, which made my insides melt. "Are we there yet?"

"Where am I supposed to stop?" We passed some large hotel that had the letters, MGM, on the side and a large golden statue of a lion next to me.

"Oh shit, we were supposed to be in the hotel that you just passed-"

"I was kind of distracted by your awful jokes," I whined, poking his neck.

"Awful?" He pretended to be hurt. I didn't think he would ever be an actor. He couldn't even act like I wounded his precious ego.

"Ha ha, now what do I do?!" I whined. "Harrrry."

"Just pull over. I'll drive and take that exit from here," he suggested. I turned the steering wheel counter clockwise and released my foot off the gas. I unbuckled the seat belt, and Harry did the same. We traded spots. He smiled when he sat at the driver's seat, like he wanted to be in control.

"Oh yeah," he said loudly. With that, we were flying and weaving through a wave of slower, honking cars and took an exit. He turned the wheel to the right, making an illegal U-turn.

"Harry," I whined. I was holding on for dear life, Jesus Christ, Harry!

"I'm not slowing down," Harry sighed, taking one hand off the wheel to fix his bandana.

"Put your hand back!" I yelled. "I don't wanna-"

"I am not going to crash," he assured. It didn't make me feel any better. "Besides, we're late for the reservation."

"What reservation?"

"For the hotel we just passed," he explained. "Basically I made a call on my way to your hospital to save a room for us. I already planned on taking you away, whether she attacked you or not."

"Why do you care?" I couldn't help it. I needed to ask it. I've been so curious on that for a long time. "I mean, why are you going through so much trouble for me? You could've just let me die there."

"No way," he snapped, resting the same free hand on the base of my neck. He squeezed it, massaging me, which surprisingly helped a lot. "I care because it was my own fucking fault you're in this mess. It's... my fault your parents are... dead."

Tears pricked my eyes. "What? You didn't kill them, did you?"

"Fuck no!" he yelled. Oops, wrong accusation. "Why the hell would you think that?"

"I- I don't know. You are in a gang, and your name is Harry..." The name on the radio rang in my head, "The robbers were known as The Infamous, a gang formed by the notorious leader, Harry Styles. He was described as tall, slim but muscular and young male..."

"Why'd you trail off?" Harry asked suspiciously.

I couldn't bring it up now. He was happy. I couldn't ruin his mood now. Damn it, Alex. "I didn't." Shitty excuse! "Gosh!"

"What?"

"I just realized that ever since I started hanging out with you, or um, 'forced against my will to hang out with you'," I started, "that I have been mentally cursing a lot. You're rubbing off on me!"

Harry laughed like it was the funniest thing ever. He had a nice sense of humor, an especially great one with him constantly thinking that he was funny. His jokes weren't... good whatsoever, but his laugh is ridiculously cute.

"Really now?" He was mocking my tone from earlier.

"Yes, Harry!"

He began laughing again.

"It's not funny," I whined. He stroked my hair a little before pulling away. I watched a large building with an innumerable amount of windows shining like Holy Jesus himself was rising. "Whoa." Then a large golden lion god appeared to the right. "It's so big!"

"That's what she said," he smirked. I couldn't help but laugh my head off.

"Ha, your first funny joke!" I remarked.

Harry scowled as we pulled in to a large parking spot. There were so many expensive looking, fancy cars.

Well, what did you expect? It's Las Vegas. I've seen pictures and heard news about stuff from here, and none of it was pretty. Of course unless you're a guy then it was. Hopefully, it was just a stereotypical thing.

"All of my jokes were great," he urged. Then he stepped out, slipping a pair of oversized black sunglasses with the words, Gucci, on the sides. He walked over and held the door open for me like a gentleman. I blushed and thanked him.

"No problem," he smirked. He pulled out another pair of oversized Gucci sunglasses, except this one had pink frames. "For you."

"Why? I am wearing such casual clothes," I said pointing to my tank top and new white shorts. I changed in the bathroom of a gas station earlier. It was the first outfit I saw in my suitcase.

"Whatever, it's fine," he said waving his hand. "Let's go in and settle down."

He led me to the trunk and popped it open. It felt so weird. I kept thinking that there was a dead body tied up in the back like a horror movie scene, but he was telling the truth. My bags and luggage were piled up like he threw it in there recklessly. I rolled my eyes at that thought. He was probably rushing though.

"I'll drag your bags," he said smiling. "Just follow me and sign up at the front, okay?"

"My name?" He nodded. "What about you?"

"I'll sign myself up," he said. "Don't worry about that."

I just nodded and suppressed my thoughts back. I hoped you were right, Harry.

:~:~:

Phoebe's POV

She never responded. Harry most likely deleted it. I knew it. It was time to take measures in my own hands.

(A/N Hiiiii. Thanks so much for reading this far! I hope you all like it as much as I do. I am very proud of it. Thanks again! Continue being such amazing readers and vote. Comment your feedback and feelings below. I love your reactions! Ilysm )

- A n n i e x x

Copyrights © 2014