Chapter Eighteen

"You and I, we don't wanna be like them, we can make it til the end... nothing can come between You and I..."

- One Direction, You and I

:~:~:

Alex's POV

I was happy, smiling with the sun in my face. My legs were running faster than I ever thought I could. Maybe I should've joined track... The wind was blowing in my face, my hair flying behind me.

"Alex, sweetheart," my dad cheered. "You're almost to me!"

I grinned ear to ear and darted faster, his face growing clearer. "Dad!"

"C'mon Alex," my mom, who was next to him, exclaimed. "You're so close! When you come, you get... Ice cream!"

I screamed of joy, but as I grew closer, the sky darkened and the clouds rolled in faster by the second. What is going on? I thought to myself.

My feet ached as I slowed in my tracks. That's weird, I thought. My parents stood taller, but their faces... were twisting in a hypnotic spiral that was so creepy like.

"Mom? Dad?" I screamed. I started running against, only to be slowed by forceful winds as hands pulling me back. "No! Don't go, please!"

"Sorry, sweetheart," my dad whispered as a lightning bolt struck them both in a fiery flame.

"No!"

~

"Alex?" Harry was hovering in front of me when my eyes snapped open. Another nightmare? This time it was more vivid and realistic. His body was over mine. We were still in the car. The sky was completely dark outside, which meant it was super late.

"Harry," I whispered, feeling drops of water dripping on my arm. Turned out, it was just my tears. "I'm so scared. I am so fricking scared! My parents are dead!"

"It wasn't your fault," he said softly, but I saw his mouth hesitate slightly.

"You're keeping something from me, aren't you?" I whispered, tracing the freckles on my arm.

"No I'm not," he said with more confidence. "You can trust me."

I have heard those four words so many times. As many times as the damned three words. Lies. I couldn't trust anyone... yet I was somewhere far and in a car with a complete stranger. Was I out of my mind?

"Harry," I said.

"What?"

"Why the hell are you on top of me?"

His eyes lightened as far as I could tell from the faraway city lights. "It was uncomfortable to watch you struggle. Thought you needed a hug."

"Really? You weren't planning on doing things to me?"

Harry laughed lightly. "Whoa, you caught me there, Alex."

I laughed with him, and soon we both were out of breath.

"Where are we, Harry?" I said after a couple seconds of fixing our positions, meaning Harry moving away from me.

"Um, somewhere in Nevada, I think," he replied scratching his head, his hands furrowed in to his brown, thick curls. I had the urge of wanting to feel his hair, but that would be weird, so I controlled myself.

"Nevada? How many hours did you drive?"

"Erm, maybe six or so," he said. The car was off with the sunroof above our heads half opened. The soft breeze helped circulate the rather awkward tension.