Flying Graysons

I am so sorry if I'm not able to update in the next few days. I am currently on a camping trip to Virginia and I won't be back until Sunday. Enjoy!!

WARNING: DEATH!!

Bruce, Alfred, Jason, Tim, and Damian took their seats and smiled up at their siblings. Dick and Y/N were standing on a platform, eyes scanning over the crowd that all came to watch Haley's Circus. The siblings held each other's hand, steadying their breathing and tuning out Haley's and the crowds voices. They were there to perform the act their parents weren't able to finish. They had triple checked the trapeze this time, so there was no way anything could go wrong (A/N: Every Man's Last Words ;D). Y/N smiled over to her and Dick's family, letting out a snort at their antics. Bruce and Alfred were fine, but Jason was jumping up and down waving his arms above his head. Tim was just waving, giving them enthusiastic thumbs up. Damian was the craziest, he was smiling broadly at them. Their ears tuned into to Haley's voice just in time as he introduced them. 

        "And Now welcome, The Grayson siblings! They are here to finish their parents act many years ago! Ladies and Gentlemen....ENJOY!!" Haley exclaimed throwing his arms out to the crowd. They cheered loudly, but the siblings had already tuned them out again. Dick swung across the trapeze, locking eyes with his sister the whole time. She gave a jerked nod before jumping off of the platform, flipping through the air. Once, Twice, Thrice, and Four times! She caught her brothers hands, smiling as they traded places. Dick jumped off of the opposite platform, copying his sisters actions. The crowd was dead silent, chewing their nails in anticipation. As brother and sister locked eyes, a loud scream was echoed through the tent. Dick missed her hands, tumbling toward the ground at break-neck speed.

        Dick felt like he was flying, like he was actually flying. It was amazing the feeling of being weightless as the air rushed past him. He had closed his eyes when he did his final flip in the air, knowing that he wouldn't make it. He heard a heart-wrenching scream from somewhere around him, and that was what he was using as a distraction. He was trying to pinpoint where the voice came from, but it was difficult when another scream interrupted his thinking. This one was more of a shout than a scream, a manly one at that. And Then it clicked. The first scream was from his sister, seconds after he fell, the second one was from Bruce. He had shouted a name, but it didn't sound like his name. Not that he could tell anyways. Something wrapped around his body, Dick guessing it was death and snuggled into it, noting how it felt soft and warm. He was heart-breakingly calm through out his fall, only reacting when he felt someone grab his hand. Wait, if he could feel someone taking his hand, did that mean he was alive? What had wrapped around him and what name did Bruce shout? When he opened his eyes and felt he was perfectly fine, he eyes filled with tears and he let out a sob.

          Bruce's POV:

I watched as Dick's hand slid from Y/N's, and the terror that clouded  my daughters face. Before I could even move, Y/N was free falling too, wrapping herself around her brother and facing her back to the floor.

        "Y/N!" I shouted, half a second too late.

No One's POV:

Dick let out a sob, knowing exactly what happened without even being told. He heard Bruce's voice clearly in his mind, shouting his sister's name. Y/N's arms had wrapped around him, not deaths. Y/N was soft and warm, not death. Y/N was dead, not him. He turned around slowly, letting out another sob at the sight before him. Y/N back was to the ground, nose and mouth leaking large amounts of blood. The ground beneath her was beginning to be stained red, drying slightly and turning brown. Dick scrambled over to his lifeless sister, hands hovering over her, not touching her. He didn't have the right too. He had insisted they finished this act for their parents, and she did. He was the one to mess up his jumped and projectile. He was inches away from vistory, inches away from having a sister till he grew old. And now her life was wasted because of him. She wouldn't ever get to grow old and get married with kids. He wouldn't have an annoying lovable big sister teasing him all day long. He lost his parents. He lost the only connection he had with his parents. He didn't want to let either go, so he finally took her hand and squeezed it tightly, letting his tears run down her hand to her shoulder. She always said she would be his shoulder to cry on.

*Hides behind chairs and tables* I'm sorry for making another death fic, but it had to be done! I thought of this on the road trip to Virginia and it was too good to pass up. Anyway, suggestions are always wanted and appreciated. Keep it PG to PG 13 and NO SMUT!!. Ciao!

Question Of The Day: What was the saddest part about this chapter? For me it was the fact that Dick was so calm and willing to die. Comment your answer!

P.S I'm on vacation, of course I'm not editing.