In Another Life|Chapter 1/?

Dirty rats!" A gruff voice grumbles, kicking a pesky rodent away from his garden, replanting the messed up heads of lettuce.

"You know, Wayne's boys have created some sorta rodent repellent. If you weren't so stubborn and just exc-" A much smoother, and younger, voice pipes up from the porch of the house attached to the garden, his sentence cut off as the gruff voice scoffs.

"Boy, if you weren't my own blood I would've whooped you upside the head. That family is nothing but trouble, with their father being a crazy, widowed grump. That stuff kills, probably damages the produce as well."

The son, Patrick, sighed, resting his head against the railing of the porch he sat on, watching as Bruce Wayne himself, speak of the devil, stepped out of his house and off the porch, beginning his walk to the blacksmiths, where him and his eldest two sons worked.

The Wayne children were well known for their intelligence, but also for their frequent pranks and rowdiness that seemed to entertain the other children to no end, not so much the adults. Bruce Wayne was known as a quiet man who lost his parents in a raid years ago, and then lost his wife and mother of his children by a fire a year after his youngest was born. His whole life was divided up by sorrow, but some gossip about how the man acts around the only actually light and joy in his life; his children.

It was no secret that Bruce Wayne adored all of his children, Richard, Jason, Tim and Damian( from oldest to youngest), and is equally protective of all of them.

One time, before Damian was born and Tim was only three, Jason and Richard, or Dick, were playing by themselves when two older boys suddenly started making fun of them, before one pushed Jason, causing Dick to push the older boy back. Soon enough, both Dick and Jason were limping back home to a furious Bruce who marched over to the older boys family, while Alfred, their grandfather, tended to their wounds. Tim had stomped over to them, and in the limited amount of words he did know, had 'threatened' who ever hurt his 'big and bigger brother'. Those two boys had come knocking on their door holding play swords they had carved, offering them to the boys as an apology. Nobody bothered the boys again. Until years later, when Damian was five.

It had been a week after Damian's fifth birthday, and the boy was talking a walk along the outskirts of the village picking up random plants, when a man started following him. Creeped out, Damian had looped around and started his way back towards his house. But, as he started to make his way back, the man had began jogging, allowing him to walk alongside the boy. Damian was running, as fast as his little legs could carry him, before he tripped and scratched his leg on a stray piece of chicken wire, screaming in pain and fear as the creepy man loomed over him.

Fortunately, his scream had attracted a farmer's attention, who proceeded to pull Damian up and off the ground, guiding him away from the man and to the farmer's wife, before going back and yelling and threatening the other man until he ran, tail between his legs. When Damian had been brought back to his family, Bruce had been outraged, and his brother's were the same way, not allowing him to go on any walks alone again.

To this day, a thin white scar was etched into Damian's skin, ranging from just above his ankle to just below his knee cap.

So, everyone was quite aware of how family oriented and close the Wayne's were to each other, but not everyone particularly liked the family. With that family closeness, came separation. While the Wayne's did provide many different items and labor for the village, Bruce, Dick, and Jason working as blacksmiths while Tim and Damian helped farm and used their shining intelligence to create products, no one ever really communicated with the secluded family. If you were to see a Wayne passing by, a 'hello' or a 'good morning/evening' was never uttered, only a slight nod if one was lucky.

The lack of relationships outside of the family different bother them, as they were content to keep their noses in their own business, and keep other people's away from theirs'.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Deep in the forest that acted as a wall on the villages south side, a house was rumoured to be located in clearing surrounded by sunflowers. Inside this house is a woman and her black cat, a woman who has never been seen and heard once in the hundreds of years that the ghost story has been around.

Her appearance has been described over bonfire's to children with their bellies stuffed full of fire roasted pig and fresh baked bread. Each man spinning the tale pictured a different woman, sometimes ugly, sometimes gorgeous behind compare, and sometimes she had not face at all.

The black cat associated with the woman was always sleek, and had eyes bluer than a perfect summer's day sky. He would follow the woman, walking between her legs as neither the woman nor the cat tripped our stumbled as they walked together.

As well as her appearance, the woman's name was changed between stories, some theorizing a god given name, one of royal descendants, or a name as mundane as the storyteller's own. Although she had never been seen, and there was no actual proof of the house in the forest, the village still acted wary of the forest, offering gifts every full moon in an act to quell the emotions of the magical being inside of the unexplored tree-packed area. And for those that dared enter the forest for any other reason than to offer gifts, well, they never actually lived to spread the horrors of the woods to anyone else. Only their torn clothes and missing body acted as a warning for the village, a warning no wise man would dare ignore.

———————————-

A/N- Yay! I've been really excited to share this story with you guys, so I hope you enjoyed it! This story does involve Batmom, but that will come in later in the story! Dirty rats!" A gruff voice grumbles, kicking a pesky rodent away from his garden, replanting the messed up heads of lettuce. Anyway, prompts and requests are wanted and appreciated, keep it PG-PG-13 and NO SMUT! Ciao!

Question of the Day: What's your favorite underrated band? Mine is Set It Off, because their music is amazing and deserves a lot more recognition!

P.S- I'm busy.