Pinky Promise|Dick x Reader

You reloaded your gun and ran to a big bolder for protection against the bullets speeding past you. Your breath was ragged and heavy, eyes squeezed shut. Your mind replayed the exchange you had with your boyfriend, Dick, before you left to serve.

You and Dick stood side by side, waiting for the plane to arrive. Dick had his arm wrapped around your shoulder tightly, fingers playing with a strand of air hanging down from your bun. He sighed heavily, turning to face toward you. He had his eyes closed, head hanging slightly. You put two fingers under his chin and lifted it up, forcing his eyes to open and to meet yours. You gave him a soft smile but he didn't return it.

"Dick, I know you don't want me to go. I get it. If it was the other way around I wouldn't want you to leave either. I have to do this. It's been a dream of mine since I was a kid." You said softly. He nodded, a tear sliding its way down his face. He wiped it away quickly, cupping your cheek with one hand. You nuzzled into it, another soft smile appearing on your lips. This time he returned it.

"I want you to stay so bad. I want you to just come home and stay home. I feel like a selfish brat saying it but it's true." He admitted, then let out a low laugh."Here I am in total dismay and grief about you leaving. I can't imagine what your feeling right now. I just....I love you so much. I really do. And I don't want you to die out there. Who is gonna be there for me in the mornings to make sure I eat more than just cereal? Who is gonna bandage me up after patrol? Who is gonna be there when I need cuddles and kisses? I can't loose you, Y/N." He said, more tears slipping from his eyes. He pulled you into a tight hug. You hugged him back just as tight.

"I promise I'll come back." You reassured, even though you knew any promises made before battle were as good as broken.

"Promise?" He asked, chin resting on your head. You nodded. "Pink-y Promise?" He asked again, pulling back slightly and holding out his pinky. You latched onto his with yours, bringing him in for a love-filled kiss.

"Pink-y Promise."

You shook your head of the memory, rolling out of the protection of the boulder and firing your weapon. The echoing sound of bullets filled the air around you, thuds of bodies dropping adding to the mix of noise.

--------------------------------------

A strangled cry was released into he air. The calm night broken by that heart-broken scream. It echoed and reverberated against the stones surrounding the owner of the scream. He dropped to his knees in front of a new polished stone. The words engraved made him cry in rage and grief again, bringing his head to his hands. He managed to strangle out a sentence through his cries. Who he said it too was a mystery, but the words said will forever remain in his mind.

"You Pink-y Promised!"

If your now sad and depressed and you know it clap your hands *Clap Clap* If your now sad and depressed and you know it, clap your hands. *Clap Clap* If your sad and depressed and you know it and you really wanna show it, if your sad and depressed and you know it clap your hands *Clap Clap* Yeah I just had to squeezed in a death update for this suppose to be happy day! Let's be real here, If I didn't it wouldn't be me right? Right! Anyway, suggestions are wanted and appreciated. Keep it PG to PG-13 and NO SMUT!! Ciao!

Question of the day: Who's your least favorite bat-brat-I mean bat-brother! Mines Tim. Now don't get me wrong, I love all of the bat-brothers but I had to choose so yeah Tim. Comment Your Answer!

P.S Um Yeah I wrote this one really late at night so I need sleep and stuff like that.