It's Cold.|Jason/Reader

Enjoy!

Despite the job he held, Jason hated the dark. He hated the feeling of grief and lose darkness seemed to bring. The way the dark ripped away loved ones likes roots from a garden. He despises it in every way possible. But, it's also the reason he loved you so much. You were the light in his darkness, that one sunflower in a patch of dried stalks. He often wondered how you were able to be so smiley and bubbly in the worst situations.
So, Jason does his best to keep that smile on your face at all times. He does whatever he can to keep that growing darkness away from you at all times. Jason chases away every shadow away from his sunshine. Ever tower blocking your view he destroys.

But, sometimes it's the brightest smiles that have the darkest secrets.

You had put your heart and soul into everything you did, no matter what others thought of it. Lately though, the talk of others has really been eating you alive. It's like their words are venom, or acid, that's burning away at your skin and showing your weaknesses and vulnerabilities. To add to your ever growing weight of worry's, Jason left two days ago. He hasn't sent any letter's back, which he usually did, so You had the right to worry. 

It's only when he doesn't come back for two weeks that everything goes down.

Your on your very last thread of sanity, rushing around and trying to maintain your happy and peaceful facade. It wasn't working. Usually, you had Jason to comfort you in the times it got so hard. But, no. He wasn't here and you were braking. In half. You keep shaking yourself from your intense stare at the window, expecting your dashing prince to ump in and comfort you and explain what is taking him so flipping long to just come home! Your pulling at the hairs on your head and threatening to rip them out. 

Ever have that feeling strange feeling you get when you know it's not going to snow but your counting on it to even as you do your work? That's the exact feeling You felt when Jason stumbled into the apartment with another girl under his arm. You watch from the closet door as she sits him down and tends to his wounds. She tenderly brushes his skin where it's starting to bruise, kissing over the newly bandaged cuts. He smiles at her and brushes the hair behind her ear before kissing her softly. 

So, you silently pack up all of your things in the bedroom and climb through the window ready to get as far away from here as possible. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

You're half way to the manor when the sky begins to empty itself of it's moisture. You're drenched and the rain adds to the tears pouring down your face. When you finally make it to the manor, you knock softly and stare around the grounds of the mansion. Alfred opens the door and instantly widens it and beckons you in.

"My dear, what are you doing here, drenched?" He asks as he hands you a towel and some hot tea.

"He-He came back. But someone was with him. They acted so in love and passionate I couldn't stand to just watch them, Alfred. He left me Alfred, two weeks without word and then comes back with a girl on his side and not a single look of regret or quilt on his face." You were bawling and sobbing in Alfred's arms by now. He ran his finger's through your hair softly, murmuring shh's in your ear. It didn't take long before you fell asleep on the couch of the family of your ex-boyfriend. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------

It's cold when Jason comes back, the apartment is cold and there's not a speck of dirt on any surface. He enter's the apartment with a smile and a bouquet of flowers in his hand to give to his love. As he ventures farther, he notices the bathroom light on, the door slightly cracked. With a goofy smile plastered to his face, he enters without a single negative thought.

It's cold in the bathroom, even colder when he sees the red splattered everywhere. It's on the mirror, on the sink, on the toilet, on the bathtub. Everywhere. There's a long and deep wound running from on side of your neck to the other. He drops the flowers and the white roses color them selves dark red in the blood of his love. There's a bloody chef's knife on the counter, but he ignores it in favor of sweeping up the red beauty of his love and cradling the body close to him.

It's cold when Jason's finds the killer, a new villain capable of giving visions to the ones he kills as they die, just torment them after death. He doesn't know how long he pounds into the man after he kills him. He pounds his fists in the villain, the man who took his world away from him, the man who ruined everything he had going. 

It's warm when he wraps your blanket around him to sleep soundly through the night, your scent slowly fading from material.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm evil, I realize that, but really would it be me to not have death or gore in? Also, I am going to be taking a break for a bit. I will only be posting three more chapters and then it's hiatus time. I want to try new things, but that doesn't mean I won't be writing. I have another story that I am going to be writing on. It's called Family Bonding, which includes a multitude of fandoms. I will be writing there until I decide to start up with this again. Anyway, suggestions are wanted and appreciated. Please keep it PG to PG-13 and NO SMUT!! Ciao!

P.S, I am really sad to be dropping this project for a little bit but I think it really makes sense to do it. I just want to write in more than one fandom, so that's why I created Family Bonding. Plus, I might do a couple batman one-shots on that one too!