Insanity

Enjoy!

Rotting cells, grime and the smell of decay coats the walls and surrounding areas. Different whines and moans of pain, and maybe a scream, echoes around the building. It builds into a symphony, a song of distant cries and needy groans. The difference, although slight, between here and a prison, is that everyone is crazy. In an asylum, doctors are working to maybe make it possible for someone to leave this place sane. It's never happened, at least not yet, and it will most likely never happen. The people admitted here aren't your regular crazy, they are experienced. For years they've been swimming in their own minds, folding and needing in the words and memories that made them who they are. For most, it's anxiety, depression and suicide. Nothing can let them escape. Nothing can pull them out, real them in from this torment they create for themselves. It's not something you can turn off, it takes time. Time that these people don't have. They dug a whole so big  and deep, it will take them years to climb out.

An asylum isn't any different than a prison. They both hold people who society has deemed unlawful, shoved into large dog cages. One holds people deemed incurable, the other holding doctors that smile lightly and treat sickly insane people like their physically able to get rid of their insanity. The doctors aren't qualified to deal with the level of insanity that their patients possess, really they should only be allowed to treat people with only anxiety.

To him, a man whose insanity is his profession, he doesn't mind much. He could probably live without the reassuring touches from the doctors, the screams of electric torture (ahem, treatment) and the whining and moaning songs from other patients. They need to suck up and deal with it. He has, for more than twenty years and counting.

Suggestions are wanted and appreciated. Keep it PG to PG-13 and NO SMUT! Ciao!

Question of the Day: Would you rather always be 10 minutes late or always be 20 minutes early? I would rather be 20 minutes early, since I love being early to events and almost everything. Comment your Answer.

P.S-@ForeverASoldier beta'd this chapter so a big thank you to them. They also write bat-family one-shots so go check them out!