Minicat - in a heartbeat

Based on the short film in a heartbeat. I cried at the ending it was absolutely beautiful, if you haven't watched it you can watch it on YouTube or tumblr.

Third person pov:

Craig panted as he raced to the schoolyard, he saw his biggest crush Tyler who was a popular jock in the whole school, everytime he would see him his heart would be pounding begging to be near Tyler. Craig hid in a tree as his crush passed by. Craig blushed furiously and stared at the handsome man, as he was about to get a little higher his head hit the branch making the jock look up. Craig went behind the bark his heart still pounding feeling like the world could hear it. He tried to calm down and put his hands on his chest. Tyler shrugged it off and walked along reading his book, Craig looked over and his little heart came out of his chest.

The little heart tugged on Craig's finger and Craig shook his head as they both went back and forth. But the heart let go and landed on Tyler's hand without Tyler noticing. Craig panicked and ran over to Tyler and sneakily tried to grab the little heart but missed and grabbed Tyler by the hand instead, Tyler looked at him weirdly and Craig gave a shy smile and took his hand off of him. The little heart popped out from the book and Craig chases it around Tyler he finally caught it and realized in the position he was in, he had his arms around Tyler and was close to his face.

Craig quickly hid inside an empty trashcan before anyone could see him, Tyler acted normal and waved at someone who was walking by. He stares at the trashcan before the bell rings Tyler gives one last glance before walking away. Craig peeked out of the can and the little heart tugged him towards Tyler and Craig tried to go in a different direction but the little heart tugged his hand back to his crush and he closed his eyes waiting for an impact but tripped on a rock and went flying over Tyler's head, the little heart touched his hair before Craig fell on the hard ground. He sees the little heart follow Tyler into the school and he runs up the stairs, he opens the door revealing Tyler on the ground and the little heart rubbing itself on his cheek.

Craig grabbed the hand of the heart and it grabbed Tyler's finger, Tyler looked at the heart and then at Craig soon realized what all this means. The heart was breaking between them, the other students looked at them weirdly Tyler looked around at all of them and looked down on the floor, Craig pulled at the heart and it ripped in half. He ran out of the school as Tyler caught the half of the broken heart looking dumbfounded. Craig sat on the grass against the tree. Heartbroken. He let tears fall as he stared at the other half of the heart. His head laid back on the bark, Tyler finds him and Craig noticed and wiped his tears with his shoulders.

Tyler crouched down in front of him and grabbed Craig hands and put both of the pieces of the heart back together making it into one again. The little heart smiled at Craig and Tyler sat down next to him. Craig smiled at him shyly. Tyler leans in and kisses his cheek Craig blushed red as Tyler smiles at him. Now both of their hearts are beating as one.

The kiss didn't actually happen in the animation but I demanded for a kiss at the end so I just put the cute kiss in the end.