4. Friends?

"What the hell were you thinking Styles? We can't let the humans know about our existence. You know the punishment. The authorities would kill us. Fućk!" Pacing in front of him, Louis lectures Harry as the green eyed boy continues sobbing, sitting at the foot of his bed. Louis knows Harry's feelings for Zahan but he can't let the higher authorities know.

They'd kill them.

"You don't understand Lou. He-he was Zahan. Zahan is back. And after all these tears of waiting, when he's finally back he doesn't even remember me? What a fùcking joke this universe is playing with me?" Harry wipes his eyes. His voice groggy from all the crying.

Louis' eyes soften a bit. He knows, if Harry's swearing then it must have really did upset him. He stops pacing and takes a sit beside his best friend on the bed.

"I know it hurts, love, but you know the rules, right?" Louis asks softly and when Harry nods, he smiles at his friend sympathetically before wrapping him in his arms.

They sits there like that in silence for a moment before Louis decides to break it. He totally forgot that he is yet to unpack and his roommate will be arriving soon.

"Hey, I gotta go and unpack, love. You think you'll be okay staying here alone?" Harry nods softly.

"OKay." Louis breaks the hug and ruffles his curl a bit. Harry gives him a watery smile in return.

"You're lucky you'll be staying here with a roommate who at least keeps his side clean. God knows what kind of twat I gotta deal with today." Louis dramatically sighs, trying to cheer up his friend and it works a little because Harry chuckles.

He still remembers that one time when Louis had to deal with this roommate of his in Stanford University dorm who always used to steal his things without asking and never gave them back. He remembers Louis telling him that he wanted to kill his roommate and feed off of him because then he wouldn't have to deal with him.

After another hug, Louis finally leaves his dorm. Harry goes to the joint bathroom and changes his still coffee stained t-shirt and takes a shower even though it's unnecessary for the vampires. He takes them anyway because well, he loves smell of the green apple shampoo and the soaps that humans use. Louis often make fun of him for it even though he loves eating carrots.

After walking out of the bathroom, he rummage through his luggage and puts on a Rolling Stones T-shirt . He then looks around the room and yes, his roomate is indeed a clean person. His books are placed neatly on his desk and his bed is made neatly as well. That reminds him that he needs to unpack as well. He sighs and starts arranging the small closet that was provided for him and his roommate. He was impressed that his roommate has already made a room for his clothes.

He hasn't seen his roommate yet though, because he had arrived in his dorm just this morning but his roommate had already left by then. Probably he had an early morning class, Harry concluded as he starts making his bed.

He was just arranging the books on his desk when the door to his dorm opens. He doesn't turn around to look at his roommate and keeps stacking his books on the desk.

"Hey man, you have finally arrived, I have been waiting to meet you. I am Zayn Malik, your roommate for this year."

Harry stops arranging his books when he hears the same voice.

Zahan.

He doesn't turn around. Instead, starts putting his pens and pencils in the pen holder.

He needs to keep his cool. He can do it. He can't break the rules. He can't afford to die now that he has finally met his love.

He needs to remind him of him, of them.

No matter how much time it will take him to make Zayn realize that. He has to do it. He will do it. For their love.

"I am Harry Styles. Nice to meet you." Harry hears Zah-Zayn chuckle behind him.

"What a coincidence, I just met a weirdo today with the same name." Zayn chuckles.

"Well, does that weirdo happen to have the same face as mine?" Harry says before turning around.

He chuckles when he sees Zayn's smile turning into a hard glare.

"You?" He asks. "What are you doing in here? Stalking me?" he demands in a stern tone.

"I'd rather solve an equation than stalking you." Harry lies through a fake smile.

"Yeah yeah. Says the boy who was throwing himself at me just some hours ago." Zayn rolls his eyes before sitting on his bed. Harry can't help but notice, Zayn rolls his eyes pretty often. Taking off the leather jacket he was wearing, Zayn rests his back against the wooden headboard of his bed when Harry speaks up again.

"Look, I am sorry for that but that was because I was stressed. I hope you can understand."

Another lie.

But Harry knew, if he has to get closer to Zayn, he needs to be his friend first. He needs to remind Zayn of them.

One way or another.

"Yeah I guess." Zayn nods his head looking at his lap. "UNI and the stress comes with it. I can understand." Zayn looks up at him and offers him a smile because he really understands, he isn't an insensitive person.

"So" Harry rubs his hand and sits down on his own bed, which is next to Zayn's. "Can we forget today's incident and become friends? Because I don't want a bad blood between us if we are going to be rooming for a whole year." Harry asks with expectant eyes and when Zayn nods with a smile, his eyes lit up.

"Thank you" Harry giggles like a school girl who just got a 'hi' from his long term crush.

Zayn chuckles because yeah, he can forget today's morning and move on. He is never the one to hold grudges. Besides, after talking to Harry, he thinks, rooming with this curly haired lad for a year could not be that bad at all.

Well, he can only pray.

"You're such a dork, Harry Styles."

***************
I love you all. xxx