27. Freed?!

"Wait, you're his son?" Zayn asks Grayson in shock who just nods.

"But how? You're a human." Louis asks Ethan who is still glaring at the man in front of them.

"Well apparently, he did the dirty with our mother who's a human and that's how she conceived us. We're not vampires but we have some qualities of them." Ethan says through gritted teeth, not leaving his eyes off the man for once.

"Well described son." The man smirks.

"Don't call us that when you're the one who killed our mother." Grayson warns, looking dead at the man's eyes.

"Ah, isn't that my dyslexic son talking?" The man chuckles and Ethan balls his fist by his sides.

"Well yeah, sometimes I think I should have killed you instead of her. I mean, it's not like you are any good. Only a weak human being."

"Don't call him dyslexic. At least he is more sensible that you could ever be." Ethan growls to which the man laughs in an evil way.

"Besides, we both know you can't kill either of us. Because if you even try bite us, we'll both become immortal and the strongest vampire to ever exist." Ethan smirks as the smirk slowly disappears from the man's face.

"How did you know that?" The man hisses.

"That for you to never find out." Ethan smirks.

The air is thick. Everyone in the room can feel that.

Harry looks at Zayn who is frowning and slips a hands into his before squeezing it softly as an assurance.

Everything's gonna be fine.

Zayn looks down at his hands first then up at Harry. He smiles back at him and squeezes his hand back as a reassurance.

They turn their gaze at Louis who is holding Ethan's hand. They don't comment anything about it, figuring that could wait.

"You three." Both Zayn and Harry turns their attention to the man who is pointing at them and Louis. "You three are going to stay here."

"Oh in your dreams." Grayson growls as he comes in front of Zayn and Harry so he's shielding them. Ethan does the same with Louis.

"You two can leave the house if you leave the three of them here." The man says.

"As if we are gonna listen to you." Ethan says in a sarcastic tone.

"I'm gonna kill all of you then." The man says in an intimidating voice as he takes a step forward.

"I dare you to try." Ethan challenges while taking a step towards him as well. Louis squeezes his hand hard which doesn't go unnoticed by Zayn and Harry.

The son and father keeps staring at each other in silence for what feels like hour before the man breaks it.

"Okay, you all can leave." The man takes a step back and turns around so his back is facing them.

The main door to the warehouse opens behind them shortly after.

They can't believe he's letting them go so easily. But they'll take what they can get.

They turn around and is about to walk out when they hear an evil, "Ha, you thought!" follows by a loud gasp from Louis and a commotion behind them.

Zayn, Harry and Grayson turns around only to find Louis lying on his back on the floor. His eyes blown wide in what seems like shock, looking at them.

"I couldn't save our mother but that doesn't mean I will let you take any other innocent life." They all turn their attention to Ethan who is sitting on the man's abdomen while holding a middle sized silver knife against his now-bloody throat.

"Ho-how could you-you do this to-to me? I'm your father." The man chokes out as his body starts to burn.

"I wouldn't have done that if you wouldn't have tried to harm my Louis." Ethan spits at him before getting up, leaving the fire to burn his whole body.
He helps Louis, who's still in shock, stand on his own feet and pulls him into a hug.

"You okay." Harry and Zayn who has been seeing all these in shock, turns their attention to Grayson who has a concerned look on his face.

"Ye-yeah" Harry stutters. He turns his gaze back to the burning man who is slowly disappearing into the smoke and shudders internally. Yes, he has heard that silver is bad for vampires but he never knew that it could be this bad.

"We should be asking you this you know? He was your father after all." Zayn says, placing a hand on Grayson's broad shoulder.

"He was never there you know. Our mom brought us up on her own completely. He would just give her the money once a month but that was it. He killed our mother in front of our eyes when we were 15 because well, he was in need of blood. I still don't understand why couldn't he just go to the blood bank? At least we would have our mother." Grayson wipes away the tears from his cheek.

He then looks at Ethan who is whispering what sweet things into Louis' ears who just nods against his cheat and hugs the taller lad even more tight.

"Ethan has been more of a father to me than that man could ever be." Grayson turns to Zayn and Harry who just gives him a warm smile.

"You two have us, you know?" Harry whispers to him. Grayson nods and smiles at him.

Zayns nods in agreement as well before pulling them both in a hug. They break the hug when they hear Ethan's voice.

"I think we all should leave now."

Harry hold both Grayson and Zayn's hands while Louis holds Ethan's as the five of them leave the warehouse together. Safe and sound.

Zayn, Grayson and Ethan sighs as they finally breathes in the fresh air. And although the two vampires can't breathe in the air, the relief that they see on their loved ones and friends' faces, is enough for them.

They are free now.

*********
Okay, this chapter was lame. I agree. But I couldn't think of anything else :(

Sorry to disappoint you :(

I love/loce you all. xxx