8. Sad?

"You wanna go out tonight, mate? The lads wanna have a night out tonight." Liam asks on the phone.

Zayn looks at his side where Harry is sleeping silently on his bed and smiles sadly. He looks so peaceful like that but at the same time so much in pain.

"I don't know Liam. Harry's not well and he's sleeping right now. I will stay here in case if he needs anything. You guys go, I'll join you guys another day." Zayn assures Liam, still looking at Harry's pale, sleeping face.

"Zayn?" Liam asks softly from the other side.

"Mhm." Zayn hums not looking away from his roommate.

"You care for Harry, don't you?"

Zayn replies with a soft, breathy laugh.

"It's hard not to care for this dork, Liam. He can't even take care of himself. I mean, he is so ill and when I asked him the reason he said that he had no idea. I mean how could one not know the reasin behind their illness?" Zayn says with fondness in his voice.

"Yeah I know. He's a sweet guy." Liam agrees. "So I guess you're not coming today."

"No. I am sorry."

"Nah, it's okay man. I'll talk to you tomorrow."

"Sure."

"Take care of Harry and yourself too. Yeah?"

"Yeah."

"Bye Zayn."

"Bye Liam."

Zayn locks his phone and gets up from his bed where he was sitting. He walks toward Harry's and kneels down in front of it. He looks at his sleeping figure and smiles.

He doesn't know what makes him do that but he reaches out a hand and tucks a strand of curl behind his ear. He flinches at how cold the curly haired boy's skin is. It's the first time he has touched him and he is surprised how familiar it does feel.

Suddenly he gets the urge to touch his face.

Over and over again.

He closes his eyes as he runs his thumb along Harry's eyebrows, moving them down to the slope of his nose. He runs his thumb on the pale skin under his eyes, dragging them down to his cheekbones, then his chin.

Zayn doesn't know what is happening to him but this feeling of Harry's skin under his fingertips feels all too familiar.

Just as his thumb touches Harry's nearly cold, blue lips, Zayn starts to see something behind his closed eyelids.

He frowns as the image is blurry but he could see two boys running after each other in what seems like around a backtard of a house. The one with black hair was a bit shorter than the curly one. From his blurry vision he could see the curly haired is wearing a trouser and a shirt while the black haired one wore a dress that Zayn had only seen in some Indian movie long time ago. What was it said? Kurti-kurta?

Zayn frowns when he starts to hear them talking.

"Haz, no wait!"  The shorter lad screams, laughing.

"nope. You have to catch me Zahan." The haired boy laughs while running around a tree, that boy with black hair- Zahan chasing after him.

"Haz" Zahan pants. "Please stop. I am getting tired." 

The curly haired boy looks at the Zahan boy and stops running.

"Hey" the curly haired boy comes to him and places a hand on his shoulder. "You okay Zahan?"

The Zahan guy looks at him then nods.

"Yeah."

"I am so sorry Zahan." the curly haired boy hugs him.

"It's okay." Zahan hug him back looking a bit hesitant.

"You know the way you say my name, sounds a bit like Jaan." Zahan chuckles breaking the hug.

"Jaan? What a beautiful word. What does it mean?" Harry asks as they take a seat under the tree they were running around just before.

"Jaan usually means life but when someone calls a person Jaan, it means 'My Love'. " Zahan explains the curly haired boy-Haz.

"That's beautiful Zahan. Can I call you Jaan from now on?" Haz asks excitedly.

"Ye-yeah. But we call Jaan only our loved ones." Zahan says.

"Yeah. And you are my best and only friend in here Zahan. And I loved the name. So canI? Please?"

"Sure."

"Thank you. Thank you so much Jaan." Haz says before huggin the Zahan guy.

Zahan only smiles and hugs back.

Zayn frowns when he can't see or hear anything anymore but hears a knock on his dorm door.

"Harry? You there?" Louis' voice could be heard from the other side.

Zayn sighs before getting up from his kneeling position and makes his way toward the door.

"Louis? What are you doing here this late?" Zayn asks as soon he opens the door. He gets confused when he sees the a cup in Louis' hand.

Louis doesn't say anything to him, instead makes his way to where Harry was sleeping in his bed. Zayn stands there with a cinfusion laced face.

Louis looks at his friend's pale face and instantly feels like crying. He should have get here more quickly.

But it was all his twat of a roommate, Ethan's fault. If he wouldn't have stayed awake all night studying, Louis wouldn't have to wait for the morning to go hunting.

He needs to start plotting some back up plans for situations like these.

"Oh my God, I am so sorry Harry." Louis sits beside him and places the cup on the table that's in between Zayn and his bed.

Zayn doesn't know why he feels an ache in his heart when Louis pulls Harry up and hugs him.

He doesn't know why he feels a pang of jealousy when he sees Louis whispering something to Harry's nearly lifeless looking body.

He doesn't know why he starts feeling sad when a sip from the drink that Louis brought, brings back the colour to Harry's face when the best medicines or the tea Zayn had been giving him for past two days couldn't.

"He is okay now." Louis says as he places Harry back in his sleeping position and pulls the blanket over his body.  "He won't be awake for a long time. Make sure he sleeps well."

"What did you give him?" Zayn asks when Louis' done tucking Harry in.

"Just some secret tonic from grandma." Louis lies easily before getting up from his friend's bed and facing Zayn.

"Oh really? Please share the recipe then." Zayn challenges. He doesn't know why he is doing this. He is not like this.

He has never been so protective like this.

No even for his own girlfriend.

"It's called secret for a reason pretty boy." Louis smirks as he makes his way to the door.

He opens the door and looks at Zayn over his shoulder.

"Whatever you do, just don't hirt him okay?"

And with that Louis walks out of the room, leaving a confused Zayn behind.

********
Everyone is invited to me and Hamna's ( abdhhll) marriage tomorrow. Lol

Pushpa ( SamanthaAMMY) you better get there on time *glares at you*

I love/loce you all. xxx