35. Niall?!

"Wait, Niall? Your friend? The one who informed us about Harry?" Zayn asks Louis.

Louis nods.

"That means..That means we can start the process?" Zayn looks at Harry with hope but it soon dies down when he sees the vampire shaking his head.

"We still need to find the witch and the other human Zayn." Harry reminds him in a small voice.

"Hey" The hazel eyes man cups his face with both his hands. His heart aches when he sees the sadness in those dull green eyes.

"We'll find a way out okay?" Zayn assures him with a kiss on his forehead. He pulls Harry close so that his head is resting on his chest. The vampire tightens his grip on his waist and nods against his chest.

"I'm gonna call Niall and ask him to come here, okay?" Louis tells them. Ethan gives him a small smile while Zayn nods at him to go ahead.

Louis nods before picking up his from the bedside table and dialling Niall's no.

"Hello Niall? Louis here. .... Yeah Harry is okay....um, Could you please come down here? Like right now?... Yeah, it's kinda  important.... You will? Thank you so much...see you later."  With that, Louis hangs up. He smiles when he see three pairs of expectant eyes looking at him.

"He's coming."

****

"So what did you guys want to tell me?" Sitting on a chair, Niall asks while munching on his chips,

"Uh, it may sound weird but you can become a human again." Louis informs the blue eyed lad.

Niall stops eating for a second to glance at Zayn, Louis, Harry, Grayson and Ethan who are looking at him with curious eyes.

"And?" Niall raises an eyebrow.

"And we need your help to become human again. Will you help us?" Harry asks him.

"Will I become a human as well?" Niall asks.

"Yes." This time Grayson answers.

"Sorry, but I am happy being a vampire." Niall shrugs and resumes eating his chips.

"But Niall just imagine, you'll be able to eat whatever you want. You won't have to drink blood."

"I do eat whatever I want Louis." Niall roll his eyes.

"You'll be able to go out in sunlight." Harry bargains.

"I don't want to."

"You can get your original skin colour back." Grayson reminds him.

"I don't mind being pale "

"You can..."

"Stop it guys. You can't manipulate me.  Nothing can change my mind. I don't want to become a weak human again."

"But Niall..."

"But what Louis?" Niall cuts him in the middle. "You and Harry wants to become humans because you guys want to spend your life with your boyfriends but I have no one. Absolutely no one." He throws the empty packet in the trashcan. "Have you guys ever thought how it feels to live a life with no one to care about you? To be always feeling lonely? I have Louis. And trust me, I don't want to go back to that ever again."

"But that's where you are wrong. This process can't be done without your human mate. So  this means, you won't be alone when you'll become a human." Louis bargains again but Niall laughs humorlessly.

"Really? A mate for me? You gotta be kidding. Because in my 200 years of Vampire life, I haven't got to see my mate when you guys found yours in just 118 years. So I am pretty much sure, I don't have a mate." Niall stands up quickly from the chair he was sitting on and makes his way towards the door.

Resting his hand on the doorknob, he turns around to see the 5 lads have sadness etched on their faces.

He feels guilty for letting them down.

"I hope you guys find another way soon." With that he turns around the doorknob.

He didn't expect it when he's collides with a strong chest, causing him to fall on his butt. It doesn't surprise him though. He's used to fall anywhere. What surprises him, is the pull he suddenly starts to feel.

"Oh my God, I am so sorry. Are you okay?"

Niall has travelled all around the world enough to know that this man has a Wolverhampton accent. He looks up at the owner of this beautiful voice and his breath hitch at how beautiful and warm those brown eyes are.

"Here, take this." The man holds out a hand for Niall to take.

Niall doesn't expect the sparks he feels as soon his pale and cold hand touch the brown eyed man's warm ones.

The man pulls him up gently on his feet and Niall doesn't have it in himself to avert his eyes from the man's.

"Liam? What are you doing here?" A voice, which Niall thinks is of Zayn's, speaks from behind.

"Oh, I needed to ask you something about the new assignment. I went to your dorm bug you were not there then I thought to check Ethan and Louis' room and here you are." Liam tells him with a smile before turning his attention back to Niall.

"Are you okay?" Liam asks in a soft voice.

Niall nods at him. Liam gives him a soft smile and squeezes his hand gently. It's then Niall realizes that they haven't let go of each other's hands yet.

Niall smiles at him before squeezing back his hands softly. He doesn't want to let go of his hands ever.

"Your hand is so cold." Liam whispers. Maybe Liam doesn't want to let go either because the next moment he is intertwining their fingers together. "What's your name?"

"Niall." He whispers.

"Niall." Liam whispers as if he's tasting the name on his tongue.

"Niall." He smiles and Niall feels the heat bloom across his cheek. "I like your name."

"Thanks." Niall whispers.

Both the lads unaware of the 5 pairs of relieved eyes looking at them.

"I think Niall has found his mate." Louis whispers so Niall and Liam can't hear.

"I think that too." Zayn nods along with the other lads.

"By now you should have learnt that we can hear the whispers, from miles away." Turning around a bit, Niall chuckles at the 5 lads. He then  looks back at Liam who has a confused expression on his face. He squeezes his hands softly before giving him a soft, shy smile.

"But yeah, I think I have found him."

******

So any thoughts about who's going to be the witch? 😉

Happy Durga Puja/Navaratri to all.

I love/loce you all. xxx