18. Goodbye?

"Where were you? And aren't the doors supposed to be locked by now? How did you get in?" Zayn asks as soon Harry enters their dorm at 3.30A.M.

Harry doesn't say anything instead walks toward his desk and takes the duffle bag and places it on his bed. Zayn quirks an eyebrow from where he is sitting on his own bed, watching Harry place his books in them.

"You're going somewhere?" Zayn asks suspiciously.

"Harry?" Zayn asks again when Harry doesn't say anything instead keeps on packing his books.

"Is this a vampire thing? Ignoring people after revealing your identity to them?" Zayn asks, clearly annoyed of Harry ignoring him.

Harry stops packing and looks at Zayn who is looking at him and in a blink of an eye, Harry was in front of Zayn. Zayn gasps at that because well, he's still not used to the fact that Harry is a vampire.

"Do you think you love me?" Harry asks instead and Zayn is at loss of words.

"Wh-what?" He stutters.

"Do you think you love me? Harry repeat the words.

"I-I" Zayn opens his mouth to say something but nothing comes out of it.

"Right." Harry says and just like that he's back to packing his back in a blink of Zayn's eye.

"So you're really a vampire?" Zayn asks dumbly.

"No shit sherlock." Harry snaps at him. "Those fangs you saw earlier today were fake, I am light as wind that's why I ran all the way from Bradford to the Norton Cemetery and came back in what? 4 hours and oh, I so  enjoy drinking blood to keep this body alive."

Harry knows that it's probably Louis' sassiness rubbing on him but he could care less with how heart broken he is feeling right now. He looks at Zayn who has his head bowed down and he is fidgeting with his fingers on his lap. He looks so soft like this. For a moment Harry considers to leave everything and cuddle this boy but then shakes his head. Zayn probably wouldn't want that right now.

The room is quiet for a moment. So quiet that even the sound of Harry zipping up his bag is too loud to Zayn's ear.

He finally looks up at Harry who has his bag sling over his shoulder and looking at him expectantly. As if wanting Zayn to say something. He clears his throat to finally say what he needs to.

"I liked you Harry. I really did." Zayn admits. "But now, I don't know." He sighs and although Harry keeps on holding a strong demeanor, inside, every syllable of Zayn is breaking him.

"Love...love is a big thing you know?" Zayn says and Harry wants to laugh at the irony because who else understands this better than him? He has been hopelessly waiting for his love to come back for 118 years.

"What do you want to say?" Harry asks in an emotionless voice. He knows what is Zayn going to say and it hurts like hell.

"I don't know if I love you Harry. You maybe a vampire. You may have been waiting for Zahan for all these years. I may look like him but I am not him Harry. I am not your Zahan. I am sorry but I don't love you. Yes I liked you before but knowing you are not even a human, I don't know." Zayn sighs.

Harry can't help the single drop of tear that escapes his eyes. He turns around quickly to wipe it away but Zayn sees it nonetheless. He feels bad for Harry but he can't do anything. Everything is just so, so confusing to him.

Harry turns around to face him. He makes his way to Zayn's bed where Zayn is sitting and stands in front of him. He places one of his cold hands (that is not holding his bag) on Zayn's left cheek and for the first time, Zayn realizes, how much he loves Harry touching his face. His eyes close on their own as if to savour the moment.

"Zayn" Harry softly says, making Zayn open his eyes and look at him. For the first time, Zayn notices how green his eyes actually are.

"You are Zahan and my Jaan. Don't ask me how I know this because I just do."

Zayn goes to say something but Harry stops him.

"No, let me finish. I need to tell you this before I go." Harry says making Zayn frown.

Where are you going? He wants to ask but it's like, cat got his tongue.

"You loved me then. You love me even now. I have felt your love every time. It's there in your eyes. You may not realize it but you will one day." He whispers. "Well, I hope you do." He chuckles through the tears.

"And I don't care how much time it will take for you to realize that you love me. I have waited for a hundred years, I will wait for a hundred more. For you only." Harry  softly rubs the skin under his eyes while looking at Zayn with so much love in them.

Suddenly, Zayn feels too emotional. He doesn't know what happened but suddenly he wants to wrap Harry in his arms. He wants to tell him that no, he doesn't need to go anywhere, specially at this hour of night but no words come out of his mouth.

Harry softly caresses the cheek while smiling down at him sadly. He leans in a bit and Zayn's breath hitch. He knows what's coming. He knows he wants this - Harry's lips on his own. Two pair of lips that molds perfectly even when they aren't supposed to be.

He feels Harry's breath on his lips and looks down at those heart shaped lips then back at those green eyes. He is about to lean up and close the little distance between them when he sees Harry shaking his head and pulling away. His cold hand no longer on Zayn's cheek as well and Zayn feels so cold.

"Goodbye Zayn."

And just like that, Harry is out of the door before Zayn can even process what just happened.

*******
I hope you feel better low-keyzarry

Third update in 24 hours. Hehe
I love/loce you all. xxx