6. THEIR "FIRST NIGHT"

Dev looked around to notice everyone's shocked faces ............pulling Sona closer to him he encircled his arm around her shoulder much to her discomfort.........."lagta hai koi humein aashirwaad dene ke mood mein nahi hai............koi baat nahi.........jab mood hoga inka tab le lenge inse .......aashirwaad.........."..........Dev's changed attitude was shocking one and all............what happened to the calm and cool Dev Dixit............this person standing infront of them seemed to be his dupe.............he seemed to be not bothered at all about anyone around..............neither his own parents nor Sona's...........what came next was enough to shock them all from the core.

Dev looked in Ishwari's direction as his next set of words were enough to scare his own mothers.........."waise to aapko rasmoan riwaajoan ka kaafi khayal rehta hai maa...........aaj kya hogaya hai aapko.........aapke bete ne shaadi kar li hai.........aapki bahu ghar aayi hai..........aap to aise khadi hai jaise pata nahi aapne koi bhoot dekh liya ho..........arrey maa yeh Sona hi to hai ...........humari apni Sona...........".................Dev pulled her more into him as his fingers dug into the flesh of her arm............she wanted to push him away from herself as her body squealed in pain..............but she was too scared to do so infront of all the people present there.............

"kihu bhaiyya..........jayiye jaakar mandir se pooja ki thal aur gruhpravesh ka baaki saara samaan lekar ayiye..........."................Dev barked orders at the househelp as he quickly came back with the stuff instructed by Dev................."aayiye maa.........apne bete aur bahu ki aarti nahi karengi kya aap............aakhir poora din to hum dono yahaan darwaaje par khade nahin reh sakte...........hum aur bhi kayi jaroori kaam hai..........haina Sona.....".........Sona cringed at the mention of baaki jaroori kaam by Dev..........she very well understood what all he was referring to ...............the thought itself made her scared to heart..........what would she do if he would try to force her for their first night............she knew her Bunny would never do such a cheap thing with her..........but a rage driven Dev could go to any length she thought...............she had no help at all..........neither her in-laws would support her nor her own parents............she was thinking of ways to escape his wrath when she was disturbed by his next move.

As Ishwari refused to move from her place, Dev decided his next move.............."aaj ke din main apna mood nahin kharab karna chahta.............after all aaj humari shaadi hui hai.........aur aap sab andaaja bhi nahin laga sakti ki how excited I'm about it............aap mein se kisiko humara welcome nahi karna hai to mat karo..........main apna aur apni patni ka welcome khud karunga".........saying so Dev stepped forward and took the pooja ki thaali from Kichu and did Sona's aarti himself...........he also went ahead and completed other rituals of gruhapravesh for Sona........ everyone around had a displeasured expression on Dev's open display of affection for his newly wedded wife.

Handing over the stuff back to Kichu he went ahead and entwined his fingers with Sona's who still looked confused with Dev's extra caring behavior infront of their respective families............."chalo ab yahaan ka saara kaam to hogaya..........ab yahaan rukne ka koi fayda nahin............Kichu humara khana humare kamre mein hi le ayega...........waise bhi aas paas dekhke lagta nahin hai ki koi humare saath baithkar khana khana pasand karega..........koi nahin aaj se hum dono apni alag duniya basayenge.........sab se ala gaur sabse hatkar ........chale sweetheart.......you must be tired.......you should rest for sometime.............come".

Dev dragged Sona along with him as he made a dash towards his bedroom......Ishwari was busy hurling silent curses at Sona for snatching her son away from her ............Jay was shocked as well as happy as this was what he had always wished for, but he wished they had taken their consent before getting hitched.............Bijoy felt offended as his only daughter had decided to elope and get married without even bothering to inform him..........it was only Asha who could see the masked fear in Sona's eyes..........she felt something was bothering her daughter...............she was not her regular chirpy self today.........there was no absolute comfort between her and Dev..............she did see Sona shrug herself as Dev put his arm around her.............what was it that was bothering her...........had she married by her wish or was she being forced into this relation..........she wished she could talk to her daughter alone as she saw Dev pulling Sona into his bedroom and closing the door behind thereby shutting them away from the rest of the world.