15. WHEN JEALOUSY STRIKES............

Dev entered the office digging his head into his phone as he didn't want to face any of the onlookers.................The Dev Dixit, the boss himself had arrived late today by a whole good half-an-hour.............he knew his employees would always be scared of being late at work as Dev was very particular when it came to punctuality...............but today was a different day, Dev himself was late..............and why would he not be, it had taken almost 1 hour for him to prepare the breakfast for Sona............after-all he was doing it for the first time as he had promised her that he would be her personal cook and make sure she gets everything firsthand...............after a lot of insistence from Asha he had finally left for office, otherwise probably he would have taken a day off and cooked the lunch as well for Sona...............after all the strenuous work he had done, he had practically forgotten to look into his favorite wrist watch (gifted to him by his Cheeku on his last birthday by breaking her favorite piggy bank for which she had shed tears for 3 days continuously) and thus had failed to realize he was running behind his scheduled timings..............as he was about to enter the cabin, his ever smiling secretary Tina stood up greeting him...............one thing he liked about her was she never questioned him or for that matter never ever complained to him..........sweetheart that she was, she would always take care of his office chores as she had also an added job of coaxing him to have his food and go home on time, to ensure that he would not starve and over-exert himself.

He signaled Tina to come into his cabin after sometime as she started picking up the files which she had to show him and get them signed from him..............Dev had just begun stretching his body to do away with the back-pain he was facing when he saw Tina entering his cabin and quickly straightened himself, but Tina was quick enough to notice his stretching exercise as she dared to question him controlling her laughter after seeing her boss doing weird things in office..............."Sir, are you alright............ I mean aap aaj kuch thake thake se lag rahe hai...........aapki tabiyat to theek haina?"............she questioned him worriedly as he looked onto her irritated..........hadn't he just thanked his stars for giving him a secretary who never questions him.................hell he seems to be on the wrong track off-late.............dismissing his queries he decided to answer her as she looked genuinely worried...................but wait, what would he tell her?...........that he had an aching back because of his last night's couch adventure?................what would she think if he tells her that his wife's face turns all red not due to shyness but due to anger as soon as she sees him which reminds him of the angry birds.................that she had made him sleep on the couch just as a measure to gain her forgiveness..............no, definitely not...............he was not out there to share his bedroom secrets........although the censored one's ...........with his secretary...........he just had to put her away by giving her some silly reason.................yes he would certainly do that.

Thinking hard he began with his bunch of lies............."woh actually na peeth dard kar rahi hai subah se.............kal Sunday tha na to maine socha ki gym chala jau........waise bhi bohot din ho gaye the gym gaye hue..............lekin wahaan jaake pata chala ki trainer badal gaya hai.............to jo naya trainer tha use nahi pata tha na ki mujhe kitna weight dena hai...........to meri capacity se jyaada workout karwa liya usne mujhse...............so you know backache ho gaya.........".............Dev rolled his tongue as he felt delighted that finally he had managed to feed some fake information into his secretary's head...............but she was not that of a fool right..............she was quick enough to reiterate..............."par Sir, agar trainer ko nahin pata tha to aap bata dete use............aapko to pata hi hoga na ki aapko kitna wajan allowed hai..........aapne use kuch kyun nahin bola..........."............an irritated Dev looked on in annoyance..............."Tina tumhe nahin lagta ki tum aaj kuch jyaada hi sawaal kar rahi ho?...............aur waise main bohot dino ke baad gym gaya tha toh bhool gaya ki kitna wajan utaya karta tha main.............khair woh sab chodo, mera aaj ka schedule laayi?...............aur yeh itni saari files, inpar mere signature ki jaroorat hai to abhi karwa lo............kyunki ek ghante main mujhe ek meeting keliye nikalna hai aur shayad main aaj directly wahin se ghar chala jau...........so be quick......."...........Tina apologized for being over-nosy and quickly handed over the files to him for signatures..............as he finished signing them, she picked them up one by one and started moving out of his cabin as he noticed she was limping ............stopping her he enquired............."Tina yeh tumhare pair mein kya hua hai.............aise langdake kyun chal rahi ho?................chot lagi hai kya tumhe?................you can take off and visit a doctor........"............he would have granted her a day-off just when Tina interrupted..............."arrey nahin Sir...........yeh to mamooli si chot hai...........woh darasal kya hua ki main roj jis taxi se aati hoon woh aaj kharaab ho gayi beech raaste mein..............ab jagah bhi aisi thi ki koi aur cab bhi nahin mili..............phir socha paidal hi aa jau..........office se jyaada door nahin tha............jab yahaan neeche lift ke paas pohunchi to pata nahin kaise achanak se pair hi mud gaya aur moch aa gayi.........painkiller liya hai aur dawaai bhi lagayi hai.............shaam tak theek ho jaayega hopefully..........."...............she had just informed Dev about her state when he started giggling after recollecting something.............Tina looked on confused as he asked her..............."waise tumhe lagta hai ki yeh sab kisi ki baddua se hua hoga?............I mean ki shayad tumse koi bohot jyaada gussa ho aur usne tumhe dil se kosa ho............ho sakta haina?..........."..............he resumed his giggling as she asked him..............."yeh kya keh rahe hain aap sir..............aap kabse inn sabhi cheejon mein believe karne lage?..............pehle aap hi to kehte the ki yeh sab kuch andhvishwaas hai , sirf humara bhram...........aur abhi aap hi aise bol rahe hai..........aur chaliye maan liya ki mujhe kisine baddua di hai............par aisa karega kaun?.......... I mean maine kisika kya bigaada hai ?."............she tried recollecting if she had erred someone recently..............Dev realized the blunder he had created and tried rectifying it............."arrey main to mazaak kar raha tha.........tumhara mood theek karne ki koshish kar raha tha...........woh tum badi sad jo lag rahi thi...........tum aisa karo yeh sab bhool jao aur jaao apna kaam karo........waise bhi mujhe kuch der mein nikalna hai to mai bhi apna thoda sa pending kaam kar loon.............."...........Tina nodded and left the cabin as Dev thought............"lagta hai kuch jyaada hi jal rahi hai aap Mrs. Dixit..........itna jyaada ki aapki jalan ne Tina ka pair bhi mod diya........not bad!!!!........agar aise hi jalti rahi toh bohot jald humesha mere aas paas rehne ke bahaane dhoodne lagogi.............and you know you hate me right?............".............he laughed silently as he got busy finishing his pending jobs.