12. AND HE REPENTS.........

TARGET : 80 VOTES

As Dev got back to the car after having a word with the manager he saw Sona resting her head against the window frame looking on to nothing in particular.........Dev got in and tried grabbing her attention by caressing her hair............" Cheeku.........seatbelt pehenlo.........humein ghar jaana haina........."............despite of repeatedly instructing her for around 4-5 times when she didn't respond, he himself fixed up her seat belt with no other option left...............his heart ached as he realized that despite of him leaning onto her for fixing the seat belt she didn't notice him.............Dev had sent off the driver much earlier as he decided to drive to the airport all by himself...........more over because he wanted to spend some time with Sona to check if she would budge off her stance and speak to him.

During the entire journey Sona had not even uttered a single word .........she kept starring into oblivion while Dev stole glances at her at regular intervals..........he couldn't help but remember their past days, whenever they would go for an outing Sona would be talking non-stop, cracking nonsensical jokes............her blabbering would just not seem to stop as all Dev would do would be trying his level best to concentrate on the road and not get disturbed by her talks while nodding his head like a bull..............not because he would enjoy her jokes and agree with all her points............but because his Cheeku pie would get upset if he failed to respond to her..........he could indulge in any foolishness just for the sake of her happiness.

But today the Sona who was sitting next to him was an alien for him............he was completely unaware of her existence................his guilt welled up as tears in his eyes as he realized that he was the sole responsible for this state of hers............yes his mother had back-stabbed him, his so called girlfriend had cheated him.............but the fact which couldn't be amended was that he had doubted his bestie ...........and now he had to sort out this mess all by himself..............and he would do it............he would get his buddy back at any cost...............because even he knew that with her being lifeless and unhappy, he will never be able to live happily in his life.

Lost in his thoughts he didn't realize they had already reached the airport......his office correspondent was waiting for them with the tickets........helping Sona match up her steps with him he finally boarded the flight with her.........most of the flight journey was also silent as Sona didn't even respond to the airhostess asking her what she would like to have............finally giving up Dev ordered the lunch for her as he didn't want the people around to feel suspicious about her behavior ............citing the reason of her being unwell Dev forcefully fed her the food as she munched it on emotionlessly..........as Dev had already informed Jay about their arrival, he had sent the driver to pick them up from the airport..............As the car entered the gates of Dixit Niwaas the watchman quickly opened the gate for them and informed Jay over the intercom that Dev and Sona had arrived from their Indore trip.

As the car halted Dev turned towards Sona to see find Sona dozing off peacefully in her position.............he couldn't help wonder how cute she looked while sleeping, he simultaneously realized that she must have spent a sleepless night due to his bad behavior................looking on to her creaseless, worriless face he promised himself........." ab se tumhe koi takleef nahin hogi Cheeku..........I promise............aaj se tumhare saare dard mere .........main har mumkin koshish karunga tumhe har woh khushi dene ki jo maine hi tumse cheeni hai...........tum humesha aise hi bina kisi darr aur fikar ke jindagi guzarogi.....yeh jimmedari ab se meri hai......."...........getting down from his side, he carefully opened the door and picked her up gently in his arms.............instructing the guard to unload the bags from his car he went inside the house.

When Life Has Other Plans For You (Completed) ✔️जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें