9. HIS "TWO-STATE" MIND......

Dev tiptoed into the room to find a sleeping Sona..........there she lay, her head resting against the headboard, and she sleeping in her sit-up posture........Dev put down the food packets on the table and walked up-to to her.............Sona woke up with a start as Dev intentionally cleared his throat a little louder than the normal so as to wake up his sleeping beauty..........."arrey aap aa gaye?.................sorry meri aankh lag gayi thi........maine notice hi nahin kiya........"...........Sona spoke up feeling a little scared as the incident which had occurred 2 nights earlier was still fresh in her mind.......when she had dozed off unknowingly sitting in one corner of the room and Dev had scolded her very badly...........to her amusement this time Dev just smiled on without an ounce of anger or botheration on his face.............taking off his blazer, he rolled up his shirt sleeves as he picked up the food packets and settled down next to Sona.

"yeh kya hai?...........aapko mana kiya tha na..........kahaan tha ki main ghar pe baaki sab keliye bana hua khana hi khaa loongi............phir bhi aap yeh sab bahar se kyun lekar aaye?............waise bhi bukhaar mein bahar ka khaana khana accha nahin hota ..........."..............Sona's blabbering was stopped as Dev suddenly stuffed a spoon full of her favorite Paalak Paneer in her mouth.............."haan pata hai ki tumne kahaan tha ki tumhe ghar ka khana hi khana hai, par kya kare humare ghar pe itna yummy Paalak Paneer nahin banta na..........isiliye bahar se laana pada"............Dev winked at Sona as she was quick to realize that this food had been cooked by her mother.

"aap mere ghar gaye the?................aapne maa se yeh sab banwakar laaya...........kyun par?..............kya jaroorat thi iss sab ki?.............aapne unhe bataya toh nahin na ki mujhe bukhaar ho gaya hai?.............woh khamkha pareshan ho jayengi......"..........Sona was interrupted yet again as this time Dev's phone rang, looking at the screen he flashed his famous smile as he passed on the phone to Sona .............."lo tumhara koi khaas tumse baat karna chahta hai............baat karlo tumhe accha lagega..........".........a confused Sona picked up the call as she realized it was her mother calling her.............wait, had he just saved her name as 'Mumma' on his device?.............great.........this man and his peculiar habits..........at one instance he admits to have married her for avenging his loss of love..........and at the other instance he showers so much of love on her loved ones................she was too lost in her thought process as her mother called out to her for the nth time over the phone.

"kaisa hai mera shonu baccha?...........bukhaar utar gaya na?.........abhi jyaada body ache to nahin ho raha hai na baba?.............Dev ne bataya mujhe ki kal raat teri tabiyat kitni jyaada kharab ho gayi thi.............shonu you can always tell me ki tumhe kya bother kar raha hai.........itna stress akele akele nahin lete baccha....."...........tears rolled down her chubby cheeks as words failed to get formed inside her mouth........she continued weeping silently as Dev put his one hand over her shoulder and wiped off her tears with the other.............gathering herself she spoke up........."I miss you Mumma..........I miss you a lot..........I'm sorry......."............Dev felt a tug in his heart for the first time after the Natasha fiasco, as he saw Sona sob.

Asha understood her dilemma as she put down the phone blessing her for the rest of her life and wishing her a speedy recovery..............Sona continued crying as Dev had now engulfed her in a side hug to comfort her..............her tears continued wetting his shirt as they failed to realize that both of them were now in a position too close for their comfort................they were snapped back to reality as Kichu knocked on the door to drop in a jug of water...............quickly regaining their composure Dev opened the door for Kichu and waited for him to leave as he got back to feeding Sona her favorite dishes while they tried their best not to look directly into each other's eyes to avoid any sort of embarrassment.